Final Cut Pro
BEFORE OPENING FINAL CUT
• Connect camera and turn onto VCR function if you are logging and
OPEN FINAL CUT
• To save the project select ‘File – Save As’
• To begin capturing select ‘File – Log and Capture’
• ‘VTR ok’ at the bottom of the capture window shows that the camera
can be controlled via the computer
• To capture a single clip, play DV tape and click on ‘Now’ in the log
and capture window
• Press escape to stop capture and your clip will appear in the browser
as an icon
• Click once on clip title in the browser to rename it
To begin logging multiple clips select ‘File – Log and Capture’
Play DV tape and mark in by pressing ‘I’ on the keyboard at the start
of each clip and mark out at the end by pressing ‘o’
Log each clip by clicking ‘Log Clip’ after marking out
When all clips are logged click ‘Batch Capture’
• Watch, mark and manipulate clips from the browser
• View sequences from the timeline
• Drag clips into the timeline for editing.
• Another way to add clips to the timeline is to drag them from the viewer
to the canvas. The clip will be added at the edit line.
• To select a transition click the ‘Effects’ tab in the browser once, then
click on folder ‘Video Transitions’ once to open the list of transitions.
• Choose the type of transition required i.e. dissolve, zoom, wipe etc
then drag the selected transition into the timeline and place at the point
where the edit is to occur (between two clips or at the beginning or end
of a clip.)
• Basic text titles can be created by clicking the ‘Effects’ tab and clicking
‘text’ in ‘Video Generators’ folder.
• In the viewer, use the ‘Controls’ tab to alter text