FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
• Procedures eliminate possible dangers for employees.
• Protect employees rights.
• Maintain worker health.
• Ensure all employees are aware of safety procedures.
• Ensure all safety gear is used correctly and to its optimum.
• Risk assessment of all equipment.
• Work practises.
• Are we compliant with workplace and safety.
• Reporting methods.
Safety Checks On All Equipment And Work Practises
POINT OF CONTACT
Ben One is a OH&S representative on behalf of the company, Ben has
been empowered to act on behalf of employees and employer.Any
incident or potential hazard should be reported immediately to Ben.
Our Designated Safety Representative
Ben One: EXT 21
1. Visibility, ventilation and temperature.
2. Equipment working correctly.
3. Access to equipment
4. Safety gear
6. Exposure to substances chemicals.
8. Bullying and harassment
9. Manual tasks
A Hazard is anything that has the potential to cause
an injury, illness or even DEATH.
• Many hazards confront you in your everyday work, reporting them is the
key to preventing accidents.
• Hazards present themselves in many different forms, slippery ﬂoors, loose
power points, untidiness in the workplace.
• Speak with your representative.
• Perform an overview of checklists provided for safe work practises.
• Reviewing manufactures instructions for use of materials and machinery.
All incidents should be reported to our representative Ben One, more serious incidents require further
Notiﬁable incident reports:
Three types of notiﬁable incidents relate to:
1. Death of a person/s
2. A serious injury or illness to a person/s
3. A dangerous incident
The person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) must notify Worksafe Tasmania by the fastest
possible means, immediately after becoming aware that a notiﬁable incident arising out of the conduct of the
business or undertaking has occurred.
This is usually by: calling the WS helpline on 1300 366 322 or 03 6233 7657
Faxing 03 6233 8338
Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or other electronic means.
Written notiﬁcation with the information detailed in our incident notiﬁcation form within 48 hours of calling
Worksafe is required.
The form is located on the workplace standards website.
Incident Report Form
A process to share information may take place at a meeting with
other co workers. Both employers and employees work together to
resolve any issues, through meetings and safety reports.
Inspectors play a pivotal role as they provide an assessment of
conditions in the workplace.
Procedure For Emergencies
A rapid and safe evacuation of a workplace maybe invoked in
case of an emergency.
Some co workers may have been delegated roles in case of an
emergency and you will have been notiﬁed of these personnel,
you must pay strict attention to these people and obey any
Commands may include the departure from the workplace to a
designated area and or actions to counter the immediate
Both employers and employees have responsibilities inside the workplace:
You must act responsibly, take care of yourself and others.
Cooperate with your employer in matters of health and safety.
This apples to all workers disabled or not.
Employers are required to provide a safe and healthy workplace to protect
employees against health and safety risks.
Employees have an obligation to ensure all employees are covered by
workers compensation insurance and in the event an employee is injured in
the workplace to assist that employee to return to work in a safe