• No need for integrated WWAN
• PCMCIA card sufficient
– Bluetooth phone
– USB / RS-232 phone
• Virtually impossible to prevent unless
desktops/laptops are locked down!
Devices / Networks
What you don’t know will hurt you
• Unauthorized IPv6
– Windows XP: ipv6
• Unauthorized Hijacked
– Internal tunnels Public Internet
– External tunnels Intruder
IPv6 Transition Exposure
• IPv6 is available
• IPv6 is in use
• IPv6 is on many private networks
• IPv6 magnifies the wireless vulnerabilities
• Corporate Security
– does not monitor IPv6
• Corporate IT
– is not familiar with IPv6
• This is irresponsible!
• Security concerns are the greatest inhibitor to
• Wireless networks and devices introduce new
• Ignoring these technologies does not make
the risks disappear!
• The key to mobile security is a thorough
reevaluation of existing security
Contact me at:
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.