DefCore’s Tempest in a Docker Container (“tcup”)
Core via Crowd Sourcing
What is DefCore?
DefCore sets base requirements for all OpenStack
products by defining:
1) designated sections of code, and
2) must-pass tests of capabilities.
These definitions use community resources and
involvement to drive interoperability by creating the
minimum standards for products labeled “OpenStack”.
DefCore = Commercial Use
Uses of the OpenStack mark:
1. Community (non-commercial use)
2. Code (integrated release)
3. Commerce (products and services)
DefCore covers #3 only!
Overview: How do we do this?
One Committee, with
- 10 Principles
- 12 Criteria
- 75 Capabilities (and growing)
- 1 Scoring Matrix (per release)
Not whole projects!
Core defined by tests
Projects must have tests
Core = parts of projects
Not your mother’s core