1. Technology Action Plan EDLD 5352 Instructional Leadership Reynaldo P. Flores
2. Organizational Chart Superintendent Director of Technology Network Specialist Hardware Specialist Network Technician Hardware Technician Instructional Technology Specialist Master Technology Teacher Campus Trainer of Trainers Assistant Superintendent Curriculum & Instruction Campus Curriculum Specialist Campus Principal Campus Classroom Teacher Campus Learners Campus Principal The role of the campus principal is to assure that any and all district initiatives in the district technology plan are implemented. Principal is also to assure that all staff members receive the required training to support the district technology initiatives. Principal is to also monitor, evaluate, and assess the integration and use of technology by campus educators in content delivery.
3. Roles & Responsibilities Adhere to the technology use policy and use appropriate internet etiquette while utilizing campus technology resources throughout the learning environment. Campus Learners Implement district technology initiatives, model technology resource etiquette, facilitate a technology rich classroom learning environment. Campus Classroom Teachers Train and support campus classroom teachers on all district technology initiatives. Campus Trainer of Trainers Analyze AEIS and AYP and make technology recommendations to Campus Principal Site Based Decision Making Committee Monitor, evaluate, and assess the implementation of campus classroom technology in content delivery. Campus Curriculum Specialist Monitor, evaluate, and assess the use of technology throughout the campus, allocated funds to implement the technology recommendations of the SBDMC, and survey campus staff on the use of technology. Campus Principal Plan, coordinate, and conduct district initiative technology trainings for campus curriculum specialists and trainer of trainers. Master Technology Teacher Plan, coordinate, and schedule technology professional development opportunities for district personnel. Train Master Technology Teachers on new emerging technologies and campus implemented technologies. Instructional Technology Specialist Maintain district-wide technology resources. Hardware Technician Plan, coordinate, and manage district-wide technology resources through use of asset management software. Hardware Specialist Maintain the district-wide computer LAN & WAN networks. Network Technician Plan, develop, oversee the district-wide computer LAN & WAN networks. Network Specialist Analyze StarChart Data, Campus Improvement Plans, Technology Campus Surveys and make recommendations to Superintendent on current and future technology trends. Maintain a functioning district-wide computer network with supporting hardware. Director of Technology Analyze AYP, AEIS, & CIP and make recommendations to Superintendent on how to integrate current technologies into district-wide curriculum and instruction. Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum & Instruction Present technology recommendations and cost analysis to School Board Members to implement recommended technologies. Superintendent Responsibilities Role
4. Professional Development Planning <ul><li>Existing conditions in Donna ISD / Runn Elementary </li></ul><ul><li>Connectivity to district-wide LAN/WAN with 10Gbps fiber optic backbone </li></ul><ul><li>1 gigabyte connectivity from Donna ISD to Internet Service Provider </li></ul><ul><li>1 teacher computer and 4 student thin client computers per classroom </li></ul><ul><li>1 laser color printer per grade level (lead teacher) </li></ul><ul><li>1 monochrome laser printer per classroom </li></ul><ul><li>1 Smartboard for every classroom </li></ul><ul><li>1 projector for every classroom </li></ul><ul><li>1 document camera for every classroom </li></ul><ul><li>1 computer lab with 25 – 30 thin client computers </li></ul><ul><li>1 library lab with 25 – 30 computers </li></ul><ul><li>1 monochrome laser printer per lab </li></ul><ul><li>Needs Assessment </li></ul><ul><li>Through informal interviews with campus administrators and staff, integrating technologies to enhance student learning is critical to engaging the 21 st Century learners. Current technologies are being utilized to manage day to day operation in the classrooms but are not being integrated into the curriculum in a manner as to where students use the technologies to expand their knowledge base. Professional development is needed to train educators on how to design lessons that require students to utilize the technology resources to learn. </li></ul>Professional Development Activities Teachers will be instructed on how to utilize online district resources such as BrainChild Mechanics and BrainChild Achiever for Reading, Writing, and Math Responses to Intervention (RTI). BrainChild Math, Social Studies, and Science teachers will be instructed on how to use Google Maps and Google Earth to teach various concepts such as lines, angles, state boundaries, national borders, prime meridian, equator, etc.. Google Learning All Teachers will be instructed on how to develop a PPT presentation and how to incorporate student generated PPT presentations into classroom content delivery. How to use PowerPoint ELA Teachers will be instructed on how to create a Weblog to use for students to collaborate with other campus students on vertical curriculum assignments Creating a Weblog ALL Teachers will be instructed on how to utilize the Smartboard to create interactive lessons that require students to manipulate the Smartboard technology Designing Smartboard Lessons
5. Evaluation Planning <ul><li>Examples of student generated technology presentation. </li></ul><ul><li>Student Technology Fair </li></ul>Student <ul><li>Technology Self- Assessment Survey </li></ul><ul><li>Attendance of technology professional development courses. </li></ul><ul><li>Lesson plans with technology integration </li></ul><ul><li>Walk-throughs </li></ul><ul><li>PDAs </li></ul>Teacher <ul><li>Compare previous year campus StarChart data to current campus StarChart data. </li></ul><ul><li>Compare current campus StarChart data to Key Area Star Classifications to State Summary Key Area Star Classifications. </li></ul><ul><li>Campus Technology Assessment Survey </li></ul>Campus Mode of Evaluation Stakeholder