Apple sold 40 million iPads in FY 2011… accelerating faster than anyone thoughtMore mobile devices will be available, and it’s going to start outpacing regular computers. There’s going to be a huge shift in how we use the internet in the next few years.
Accelerating even faster than this, probably going to happen in 2012 or 2013Going to start being split into three categories: mobile, tablet, pc
Marketers Must Wait On Critical Mass Technology Availability
1. Mobile Marketing:What You Need toKnow NowDan BecaDirector of Solutions DesignDamir Saracevic, Director of Digital Marketing January 19, 2011 © 2011 Catalyst
2. What is mobile marketing?How do we use mobile effectively?What does the future hold?
3. What is Mobile Marketing?
4. Mobile marketing isbroadly defined as “theuse of the mobile mediumas a means of marketingcommunication “or“distribution of any kind ofpromotional or advertisingmessages to customerthrough wireless networks” Wikipedia 4
5. Smart Phones vs. Feature Phones 5
6. What is Mobile MarketingMobile Web 6
7. What is Mobile MarketingSMS 7
8. What is Mobile Marketing?Codes, codes and more codes WHAT IS THIS? Text POLLRIT to 47201 to place your vote! Results 8
9. What is Mobile MarketingApps 9
10. What is Mobile MarketingLocation Awareness 10
11. Who are Mobile Users?Mobile Technographics Ladder (Forrester) 11
13. How do we use mobile effectively?
14. Mobile Services Should Offer Three Core Benefits To Drive Convenience 14
15. ImmediacyTiming & LocationWe now have the ability to know whensomeone arrives or departs: Walk into a store, get presented with a coupon Driving near a location, get sent an offerGPS is available in most mobile devicestoday—take advantage!!! Don’t make people search for their location, find it for them 15
16. SimplicityMake it UsableIf you’re developing cross-channel marketingcampaigns, make sure people can actuallyuse them across channels: Mobile ads should point to mobile web sites Email should be readable on mobile devices Present content to the user that’s applicable to their current environment: Location-aware Device-friendly 16
17. ContextBe Relevant!Relevancy is huge with mobile Give users what they’re asking for: Locations Directions Coupons Media, etc. When they’re not asking for things, be smart 17
18. Mobile is a Piece of the PieDon’t think of mobile marketing as a uniquechannel to be used on its ownUse mobile as a part of integratedcampaigns: Mobile + Social Mobile + Direct Mail Mobile + Print Advertisements 18
19. What does the future hold?
20. GeofencingA geofence is a virtual perimeterfor a geographic areaExamples of geofencing: iOS 5 reminder capabilities (remind me when I get somewhere or leave somewhere) AT&T ShopAlerts—messaging service in densely populated urban areas like New York and Los Angeles 20
21. Near Field Communication (NFC)NFC enables two devices to communicateover very short distancesThings it will replace: Credit cards Loyalty cards Airline tickets Key fobs QR codes 21
22. Tablets, Tablets, Tablets… 22
23. Mobile Marketing Growing… Fast 23
24. Marketers Must Wait On Critical Mass Technology Availability 24
25. To learn more about mobile marketing,contact Damir Saracevic firstname.lastname@example.org call 800.836.7720
26. Catalyst is a marketing agency that partnersinsight with analytics to take the guessworkout of marketing decisions. We call itScience+Soul.