1. Kaya & Sanel Research on the drug LSD G Lysergic Acid Diethylamide What is it? Invented by Albert Hoffman, LSD, is a powerful hallucinogenic drug, which makes the user see distorted views of objects, reality and hearing things that aren’t there. This is known as a ‘trip’ and once you start using it, it’s hard to stop. Users of LSD may experience some bodily effects, such as: • Increased blood pressure and heart rate • Dizziness • Loss of appetite • Dry mouth • Sweating • Nausea • Numbness • Tremors
2. Kaya & Sanel Research on the drug LSD G Lysergic Acid DiethylamideLSD users when taking the drug can feel pleasant and relaxed, but that’s only when they arein a good place and were happy before using it, called a ‘good trip’ however, if you are in abad mood, upset, in a place of discomfort, or with people you are uncomfortable withseeing frightening and confusing things making you feel worse. This is called a ‘bad trip’.The effects!• Speeding up or slowing down time and movement• Distorted sound, colour and objects• Seeing and hearing things that arent there• Heightening your mood• Making you feel worse• Anxiety attacksThe risks!• A bad trip can seriously terrify you• Flashbacks – re-lived after the original experience (within weeks of taking the drug or even years!)• Long term damage to the body• Heart failure
3. Kaya & Sanel Research on the drug LSD G Lysergic Acid Diethylamide This is a video from Talk to Frank about who made LSD, what it does, why people hallucinate and how the body controls it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oCePaxzEds
4. Kaya Research on the drug LSD G It can be a crystal – if its touched, you can become very high as it is absorbed through the skin What LSD can look like It can be a liquid (when the crystal is dissolved in water), however it is It can be on blotter paper. When not strong the paper is dipped in liquid acid which trippy art painted on it It can be a sugar cube which has a drop of liquid acid put in it It can come in microdots, which are small pills in many colours
5. Kaya & Sanel Research on the drug LSD G Lysergic Acid DiethylamideHow we will show the effects of LSD in our opening sequence:• Laura will be very pale to show shes unhealthy and sweaty• She will have flash backs• The flash backs will be in slow motion• Laura will hallucinate colours, sounds and images• Her hallucination will be in fast motion• She will have heart failure• She will be in pain and feeling really depraved• Have confusing signs everywhere around where shes walking
6. Population and popularity of the drug.
7. Kaya & Sanel Idea Development H Previously our idea for our whole film was a woman who was possessed was taking hostage innocent victims and exorcising them for her cult. What Went Well? • Creative • Interesting • Scary Even Better If? • Less complicated • Chose to focus on either hostage or possession – not both • Too fully understand and research possession Previously our opening sequence was showing a tape filmed by the possessed woman on the news talking about her cult and exorcising a victim she has held hostage. What Went Well? • Good idea • Creative layout Even Better If? • Change the news idea • Change location to somewhere more flexible
8. Kaya & Sanel Idea Development H We are improving our opening sequence from our last one completely changing our idea to a new one. We changed our genre to drama which is based on drugs, quite a realistic things to certain teenagers. We fully researched and revised drugs so we improve our understanding and knowledge making sure we make an effective opening sequence and therefore to…• Relate to our audience so they can see our opening sequence as real life• Show an educational message of how drugs are bad for you• Making it more interesting for our target audience to what they prefer• Make it less complicated but still as captivating• More understandable, as our target audience are young teenagers/adults How are we contributing? Kaya and Sanel are contributing by meeting up on the Holidays to fully research and carefully think thought out new idea making sure everything links and can educate our target audience. We explored different effects of LSD in depth to make it as realistic as possible to relate to real peoples lives
9. Kaya & Sanel Whole Film H (Laura’s life from the beginning) • Her friends introduce her to the drugs, she likes it and carries on taking it • Laura takes it daily gets addicted, party’s, stops going school – messes her life up • She steals, does prostitution to try and get money for LSD • Her and her friends get into a big fright over money for the drug and she becomes lonely and depressed • She keeps self harming, taking he drug and ends up getting so intoxicated she doesnt know what shes doing and just goes to the forest while hallucinating • He has heart failure and dies alone
10. Kaya & Sanel Opening Sequence H • We follow Laura walking out of her home (on the way to the forest) and cut from different shots of her journey • Throughout the journey we see short flash backs • We then show CCTV of her walking into the park/forest gates • Point of view of what she can see and hear (hallucinating) which cuts from real life and her point of view • Laura stops quickly holds her chest and falls to the ground breathing slowly • Front her point of view we see characters dance together
11. Kaya & Sanel Idea Development H How the idea was improved from Draft 1 to Draft 2 • We took out mental illness schizophrenia being the reason she thought she was possessed, and changed the woman to actually being possessed by demons who wanted to let the world know about her cult scaring the world so the demons can possess them too from watching the video • Doing deeper research of the reasons of possession being that demons can be released into the real world and why the certain people get possessed because they’re venerable. • We also changed the location to somewhere more flexible as the other one location, we wouldn’t have been able to move things around, the light thing was poor and the room was too small. Therefore changing to one of our group members basement as it is spacious and reliable.
14. J J
16. Kaya K Laura leaves Starts with a full body Willesden Laura • Side bag Blue Credits will be Her home and shot then a graphic • Short brown wig jacket, rippe shown during starts her match to full body d this scene journey to the shot ending in a close tights, black forest up shot skirt, white Flashback of Over the shoulder shot of Willesden top, dirty Black Non-Diegetic sad Laura Laura first her friend. Full body shot • Sugar cube shoes rippe jacket, slow music is which zooms into a Friend trying LSD • Food colouring d played. Slow extreme close up shot, after fast zoom out back • Short brown wig tights, black motion. Blur. Then fast motion into the full body shot skirt, grey Laura is still The camera will track Willesden top, dirty Black Laura walking the her walking around • Side bag boots rippe jacket, journey to the the curb in a full body • Short brown wig d forest shot tights, black skirt, white Flashback of Close up shot of top, dirty Greyish Non-Diegetic sad Harlesden Laura Laura at a Laura’s face to • Beer bottle boots jacket, white slow music is Friends party while on capture the facial • Short brown wig top, black played. Slow LSD expression skirt motion. Blur. Laura is still on Establishing shot of her Blue jacket, ripped walking down the road Golders Green Laura • Side bag her journey to tights, black skirt, the forest with graphic match • Short brown wig white top, dirty showing her in different places on the road shoes Willesden Laura Non-Diegetic sad Flashback of Over the shoulder shot of • Side bag Black jacket, ripped slow music is Laura and her Laura getting pushed over Friend • Short brown wig be a friend then a mid shot tights, black played. Slow friend having a skirt, grey motion. Blur. of her on the ground fight top, dirty boots Laura is Establishing shot of Laura Blue jacket, ripped Golders Green • Side bag entering the Laura walking into the tights, black skirt, • Short brown wig white top, dirty park park gates shoes CCTV point of Blue jacket, ripped Black and Overhead shot of Laura Golders Green Laura • Side bag view of Laura walking into the forest tights, black skirt, white visual with time in white at the • Short brown wig white top, dirty effect walking into bottom of the screen shoes the park gates
17. Kaya K Laura walks Golders Green Laura • Side bag Blue jacket, Full body shot through the • Short brown wig ripped tights, park looking black skirt, confused white top, dirty shoes Flashback of Laura ripped Non-Diegetic sad Full body shot Willesden • Razor Laura cutting tights, black slow music is herself in her skirt, grey played. Slow bath top, motion. Blur. Laura looks Mid shot while doing Golders Green Blue Laura • Side bag from right to a reverse dolly zoom jacket, rippe left frightened • Short brown wig d tights, black skirt, white P.O.V of the Long shot which then top, dirty Clown – Weird hypnotic Golders Green Clown clown and the becomes a close up • Orange afro wig shoes .big jumpsuit music playing. Fast Doll Dolly doll scaring shot of both • Pink short wig shoes. motion. Multi- Doll – coloured visual Laura characters faces dress, ripped effect Laura stands tights Full body shot of her Golders Green Laura Blue there confused funning from • Side bag jacket, ripped then starts to different locations of • Short brown wig tights, black run into the skirt, white the forest top, dirty shoes forest Clown – Weird hypnotic P.O.V of the Full body shot then Golders Green Clown • Orange afro wig jumpsuit .big music playing. Fast clown and the later a long shot of motion. Multi- Doll Dolly • Pink short wig shoes. doll trying to the characters in the Doll – coloured visual distance dress, ripped effect confuse Laura tightsjacket, Blue Laura stops and Mid shot then a close Golders Green Laura • Side bag ripped tights, holds her chest up shot of her face on • Short brown wig black skirt, then falling to the ground white top, dirty the ground shoes Clown – Weird hypnotic P.O.V of the Full body shot from a low Golders Green Clown • Orange afro wig jumpsuit .big music playing. Fast clown and doll angle, with the characters shoes. motion. Multi- Doll Dolly • Pink short wig dancing above then jumping down to a Doll – coloured visual Laura close up shot dress, ripped effect tights
18. Kaya & Sanel Enigma – How did they do it? L ‘Stand by me’ - 1986 Opening Sequence Focus on newspaper article about death The audience will want to know why this has been pointed out and why he is looking at this particular article for so long. Focus on two boys on bike, then starts to reminisce We see the man focus on these two boys on the bike then start to think which makes the audience wonder what connection he has with them He starts telling his story which connects to the what the newspaper article and boys on the bikes Lastly his voice over starts talking about his life as a young boy and seeing a dead human, which shows the audience it connects to the article and the two boys on the bike. This make the audience want to watch more and find out what happened when he saw the body and the connection to what he’s thinking about
19. Kaya & Sanel Enigma - How did they do it? L ‘Bend it like Beckham’ - 2002 Opening Sequence Woman play for Man Utd The audience will get sucked into the game they played in the beginning of the opening sequence and then when they see the girl playing with them they wonder why shes playing Mum disapproves of her playing for Man Utd and watch more. The audience will wonder why shes such a good football player, but then when you see her mum shouting and saying ‘she needs to go back home’ the audience will realise it’s a day dream and see that there is conflict in her family about her dream Shows contrast with her fantasy and real life The audience realise she doesnt follow the conventions of a Indian girl and want to watch more about the differences of what her mother wants and what she wants.
20. Kaya & Sanel Enigma L How are we creating enigma in our opening sequence? • By not letting the audience know why she is walking to the forest as she falls to the ground hopelessly without letting the audience know what she wanted to do there in the first place and further what she would have seen in her hallucinations. • By showing her dramatically fall to the group as a climax to the end of the opening sequence without giving away why, what it was and if she was okay afterwards. • The audience will want to know why she is this way, how she’s tired, dirty, bloody and what happened wrong in her life which the flashbacks will give short clues of this. • Showing just seconds of the flashbacks they will want to see more of what she did and why she did them and its done in slow motion which is a side effect of LSD so the audience can know she on drugs doing these things (in the flashbacks) which because of the hallucinations in the opening sequence will want to see more of it in her other ‘trips’.
21. Kaya & Sanel Enigma L How we have improved from draft 1? • We draw the audience into our opening sequence more this time so the audience can feel sorry for this venerable character rather than just being told a story • Rather than just showing someone kidnapped like in draft one, we showed the girls journey drawing the audiences attention in slowly building tension • In draft 1 there was no climax, the opening sequence was just basically informing and telling a story however now, we build up tension up to a climax creating enigma and dropping making the audience feel uncomfortable and wanting to watch more