3. What is UX?
I’m pretty sure the dude before me
has explained it brilliantly.
4. But what does a UX Designer do?
The Five Competencies of User Experience Design
5. IAInformation Architecture
The interface structure and navigation scheme
6. IDInteraction Design
The page-level layout, task fulﬁlment, and
7. UEUsability Engineering
The study of discrepancies between expected
and actual user behavior
8. VDVisual Design
The consistent visual treatment of elements
“What people often overlook is that, for every type of
user interface element the interaction designer
speciﬁes, the visual designer must design a widget or
devise a corresponding style. And the visual designer
must consistently apply these styles to every instance
of each element throughout the application”
- Steve Psomas
The functioning composition of proposed
11. UX Design Process
Collecting information about the problem
• Surveys - Get feedback from users
• User Interviews - Everyone has a story, dig them deep
• User testing - Sitting users in front of your website or app and
asking them to perform tasks, and to think out loud while doing so
• Benchmarking similar products / competitor
• Spot the latest trend and ﬁnd out why they
do it that way
The formation of ideas or concepts.
• Sketch your ideas. Proven to be the fastest UX solutions
• Adaptive Path's Sketchboard
• Create relationships.
The fun part.
Low ﬁdelity wireframes
• A visual guide that represents the skeletal framework of a
website / application
• With lo-ﬁ wireframe, we can test and iterate design