Vacalares, nicole shayne at one with the sea, Interfaith Environmental Action Plan, PYLP, ITO, NIU
“We ourselves feel that what we are
doing is just a drop in the ocean. But
the ocean would less because of that
missing drop.” – Mother Teresa
For whatever we loose whether it is you
or a me, It is always our self we find in the
sea. Therefore, we need to start conserving
our ocean. We should not just sit and will not
do something. We should work on it. In
addition, Mindanao is the second largest
island in the Philippines. It is also rich in
marine life. And nowadays, marine life and
sea are getting worse because of the human
– caused damage and because of not
• Garbage are everywhere in the coastal area.
• No implementation of conserving marine.
• Some sea weeds and other marine life was at the sea
shore because of the typhoons and habagat.
• High tides and cause of flooding.
• No beauty on it.
• Mangrove tree planting
• 3 R’s implementation
• Coastal Clean up drive
• Conservation of marine life
• Protection and prevention of
ecosystems in oceans and seas.
• Limiting human – caused damage to
• Preventing marine vulnerable
More than ever, the fate of ocean is in
our hands. To be good stewards and
leave a thriving ocean for future
generations, we need to make changes
big and small wherever we are. We
need to make a positive difference.
• Zone District and Zone Leaders – clean the area every
first Saturday of the month (Scheduling).
• Restaurant’s owners – plant mangrove tree in their area
• Light Cavalry Leadership Community and Abs Cbn
Northern Mindanao Tv Patrol – part of sand painting
contest and sculpturing contest.
• MENRO, Gawad Kalinga Youth for Christ, Light Cavalry
Leadership Community, Student councils of Xavier
University Ateneo de Cagayan, and Residence – promote
the message in a bottle advocacy about Marine
• Baranggay Officals and the community – 3 R’s
• There will be prevention from storm surge, typhoon, and
gives oxygen by the help of Mangrove tree.
• There will be a clean surroundings, less water pollution,
and marine life are safe.
• The sand painting and sculpturing contest will helps us
residence and other people to motivate ourselves in
giving importance of what God gave us through using our
talents and through giving importance about arts.
• People will be aware about our problem in marine
• The garbage will be segregated every and proper waste
disposal in the coastal area.
Lessons are what we need to be successful
one day. We need it in our life to know how are we
going to improve ourselves through our mistakes
and lesson we learned. Somewhat lesson is like in
the rope courses. You are not afraid of heights but
afraid of falling. Moreover like seeking for
opportunities, we are not afraid to try it but we are
just afraid that we might regret for it. So like
lesson, we are not afraid of improving ourselves
but we are just afraid of accepting our mistakes.
1. Andrea Guzman – Social Media as Tools for advocacy
2. Chris Birks – Communication for community organizing
3. Dr. Sue Russell – Film Workshops and Environmental
issues in the Philippines: Roles of the youths in
environmental sustainability and stewardship.
4. Dr. Rey Ty – Developing and Designing Action plans for
Environmental Community Service Project
5. Dr. Kendell Thu – Environmental and Society: The 3 R’s
6. Reema Ahmad – Transforming the Leadership
Potentials of the Youth and Youth Leadership and Civic
7. Jafri Assad – Art (Hip hop) for Social Change
1. How are we going to communicate people to
understand us and to know what is the best way to tell
people our message, to identify the groups’ skills. And
lastly, to decide what is the possible visitor.
2. How to tap people and how to properly and formally
communicate with them.
3. Trying to connect the knots in winning all rivers, how
Kayapo and Carterets treasure nature, and time to take
the arms. What are the roles of the Youth and how
Youth can help in the problems and how will Youth face
4. How are we going to plan our action plan well. How to
implement it. And how we nature environment according
to our biases.
5. How important is segregating garbage is. How to
advocate the like in a reality. How to do it properly like
proper waste disposal.
6. In this, it is about knowing our own story and being
able to connect to other people’s stories. And to work
for it to grow together and build people power
7. Arts are not just for fun but also you can use it for
8. Leadership training and Teambuilding
1. The message in the bottle advocacy, the social media
technologies I will use to connect to people, and the
fundamental of communication I will I use in presenting
and implementing this project.
2. The public speaking in communicating effectively for
community organizing. How to deliver the speeches.
And Preparing presentation.
3. Be like Carterets and Kayapo people in doing this
project be “Optimistic and fight for what is right” and will
include Youth in my project since Youth are the chance
in the country.
4. I have a Pre program, Post program, and
Implementation and what are the possible project I can
5. Through my “Bring what you see” and 3 R’s implementation
6. Through my clean up drive activity and involving youth in
civic engagement. Through studying the story of my
community. And learning how to build a relationship together.
7. I have this thing called “Sand painting and Sculpturing
Contest about marine conservation.
8. I need to apply how I will build teamwork in my teammates
and to lead in a right way.
• Sand Painting and Sculpturing Contest
Mangrove tree planting in the seaside
• And the Message in the Tumblr thing
For me it is innovative because those are my ideas
that people in the community was not yet able to
develop it. Although in other countries it was done
already just like sand painting and sculpturing but
the twist is that this is a contest about Marine
conservation and promoting how arts can also help
us. For others it is just so small but I can say it that
we need to start small and build with experience.
Tasks Lead Person Support
for the LGU
May 20, 2014 May 23, 2014
Mr. and Mrs.
May 26, 2014 May 30, 2014
May 26, 2014 May 31, 2014
Final Plan for Nicole Atty. Edward May 25, 2014 May 28, 2014
Tasks Lead Person/s Support Persons When When (Deadline)
“Bring what you
see” Coastal Clean
Zone Leaders Zone district, LGU,
June 5, 2014 June 6, 2014
Edward Yasay Panagatan
and BBQ House
June 12, 2014 June 14, 2014
Sand Contest Nicole Shayne
Vacalares family, Tv
June 16, 2014 June 21, 2014
LGU and MENRO Residence in Opol June 2, 2014 June 6, 2014
Message in the
Vacalares and Mary
PYLP – ACCESS,
Cagayan, Youth in
the church of
June 27, 2014 July 12, 2014
Activities Time Lead
Gathering of people at
Officers of every Zone
Cleaning time 6:30 –
Residence of that assigned
zone and Zone officers
Segregating garbage 8:00–
Residence of that assigned
zone and Zone Officers
Putting of the trashes in
Garbage area (wait for the
collection once a week).
Garbage Collectors, LGU,
and Residence of that
Selling of trashes to the
Molugan Junkshop and
Activities Time Lead Person/s Supporting Persons
Gathering 7:00 – 7:30am Atty. Edward Yasay Restaurant owners in Opol,
LGU, Yasay Family,
7:30am Baranggay Captain Restaurant owners in Opol,
7:45-10:00am Nicole Shayne
Restaurant owners, people
who wants to join, Vacalares
family, and Yasay Family,
One of the
LGU, Restaurant owners,
Yasay Family, Vacalares
Activity Time Lead person/s Supporting Persons
Light cavalry Leadership Community, LGU,
Vacalares Family, Yasay Family, Ateneo de
Cagayan, PYLP Alumni, PYLPERS
Opening Prayer 8:35am Sammuel Macagba
Opening Remarks 8:40am Nicole Vacalares
and Shaira Baltazar
8:45am Baranggay Captain
Start of painting
Lunch break 12:00 –
Picture taking and
SD committee head Light Cavalry Leadership Community, PAGASA of
Ateneo de Cagayan, TV Patrol Northern
Closing 4:30pm Spiritual Committee
and Special Event
Activity Time Lead
Getting of the
9:00 am Nicole
Tumbler maker store
Selling of this
Ateneo de Cagayan, LGU,
Residence in Opol, Vacalares
family, Yasay Family,
Restaurants, PYLPERS and
Activity Lead Person/s Supporting Persons When When (Deadline)
Bring what you see
every 2nd Saturday
Zone Leaders (There
will be schedules of
month zone 1-7)
LGU, Zone leaders June 5, 2014 June 6, 2014
Sand Painting and
will be screened out
in PAGASA in ADCU
& TV Patrol Northern
Baltazar, and Atty.
Ateneo de Cagayan,
ABS CBN Northern
Mindanao, and LGU
June 21, 2014 June – July depends on
what day they will release
Garbage once a
week every Saturday
Head of the Garbage
Collectors in Opol
MENRO and LGU June 5, 2014 June 6, 2014
Selling of “Message
in the Tumbler” in
Vacalares and Mary
LGU, Ateneo de
Residence in Opol,
and the Youth in the
July 14, 2014 July 19, 2014
Item Cost/Unit Number of
Mangrove Seeds 300 php per kg 4 1,200 php
Garbage bags 100 php per roll 5 500 php
50. 00 php 3 150 php
Message in the
100.00 php 30 3,000 php
150.00 php 1 150 php
To ensure sustainability is that I have to tap people.
First, I need to tap the LGU for permission and understand
me in implementing this project. Second I will tap, Light
Cavalry Leadership Community, Gawad Kalinga Youth For
Christ, YFC of OCOPC, PAGASA of Ateneo de Cagayan
University, and TV Patrol Northern Mindanao about my
project so that they will help me in introducing this project
to other people. Third, I will tap the restaurant owners, zone
leaders, and community so that they will cooperate with me
in doing this such things. Lastly, to really ensure this
sustainability, I will tap the MENRO to support and help me
continue this project also.