This slidedeck is going through a mobile worker scenario. First you want to connect to the network, then check your email. Etc…. Why is there no mention of Windows Phone 7 in this slidedeck: with a market share of 5% it is not yet enough to have our solution enabled for this mobile OS. Off course we are looking and experimenting internally with the devices. So in time… [email_address]
A small program is installed on the device / PC (Windows, Mac, Linux, Windows Mobile, Symbian) No program available for iPhone (not allowed to run tasks in the background. But for not (yet) supported (mobile) OS like iPhone and Android, there is the clinetless VPN. [email_address]
Runs a small program on Windows, Mac, Linux, Symbian, Windows Mobile device For iPhone you can use the clientless VPN [email_address]
IBM Mobile Connect provides a full client/server-based virtual private network (VPN) solution, for which the IBM Mobile Connect client is installed on various supported user platforms. For HTTP-based applications (for example, Lotus iNotes), IBM Mobile Connect also provides a clientless option that does not require that any additional software is installed on the user's device; instead, it provides secure authentication through a browser-based logon. Great for not supported platforms. [email_address]
One the enduser has a safe connections with the corporate network, first task, most people want, is to check their e-mail. [email_address]
Lotus Traveler is available for Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, iOS and Android. For iOS the encrypted mail is now available via the Traveler Companion App, free of charge available in the app store. Traveler is not for RIM BlackBerry as RIM delivers the B
Lotus Notes Traveler service runs on Lotus Domino 8.0.x/8.5 and acts as a go-between the Lotus Domino server hosting the mail and the mobile device. Customer can have a single server deployment with Lotus Domino 8.0.x/8.5 hosting users mailboxes and the Lotus Notes Traveler service running on the same box. The other option to have multi server deployment . customer can have Lotus Traveler runs on a server with Domino 8.0.x or 8.5 with the mail hosted in Domino 7.0.2 or newer in different servers
After reading the e-mail people can start their work, collaborate in real-time. People can use IM on their device: they can ping or be pinged to collaborate with their colleagues. With Android there is a Sametime Unified Telephony dailer included: Click to call functionality from your Andoid Mobile. [email_address]
IBM Sametime is available for Windows Mobile, RIM BB, Symbian S60, iOS and Android. For iOS the encrypted mail is now available via the Traveler Companion App, free of charge available in the app store.
Sametime Mobile features Full Buddy List availability Quick-search within Buddy List 2-way chat between users “ N-way group chat Auto-store/auto-retrieve chat history between chat sessions Address card integration/lookup Emoticon support Buddy List auto-sort Quick-text (user editable) External Buddy support - AIM/Yahoo/Google/etc (tentative) [email_address]
If you have no control over the device of the end user / customer you can offer a web based client. [email_address]
Click to call via SUT – the server calls you and then calls the other person. Server pays the bill.
Sametime 8.5.2 online meetings from a browser on your Apple iPad or Android tablet or on your Research in Motion® (RIM®) BlackBerry® smartphone. Join Sametime meeting rooms directly from URLs in the calendar or messaging applications, or find meeting rooms by room or owner name. Control a presentation as well as use annotation and zoom tools from the smartphone.
While working you might want to reach out to people you don´t know. Then the mobile users has to be able to rely on Social Software to find and collaborate with experts within the enterprise. IBM Connections offers the Enterprise Social Software suite. For mobile users there is a mobile interface. IBM Software IBM Connections Features and benefits IBM Connections is social software for business. It empowers business professionals to develop, nurture, and remain in contact with a network of their colleagues; respond quickly to business opportunities by calling upon the expertise in their network; and discuss and refine new creative ideas with communities of coworkers, partners, and customers. Benefits By empowering people to easily connect with employees, partners, and customers, IBM Connections can help businesses, government agencies, educational institutions, and others realize the following benefits: Task execution is faster through quick access to information from an expanded professional network Increased efficiency and effectiveness of business processes by using existing skills discovered through your professional network Decisions can be made with confidence knowing they were vetted by experts across the organization and reflect past experience Innovative products and services can be developed using the experiences and knowledge of communities of employees, partners, and customers Sustainable competitive advantage can be created by leveraging innovation from across your value chain and building stronger relationships Exchange ideas with, and benefit from the expertise of other people using Forums and Blogs Expand your professional network through social analytics based recommendations for people to connect with, and communities to join Build vibrant communities that encourage participation with sub-communities focused on key topics of interest to the members Access profile information, search for expertise, and view status quickly Stay informed of the latest updates from across your social network Access your social data while on the go via the micro-browser or the device specific application Extend your social business solution by accessing people and information in several of your existing IBM solutions such as IBM Sametime, IBM Lotus Notes, IBM Quickr, and IBM enterprise content management (ECM) systems - IBM FileNet® Content Manager and IBM Content Manager . Integrated mobile support IBM Connections allows mobile users access to their corporate Connections data on-the-go via a micro-browser or a mobile application (device dependent). Supported devices include: Apple iOS 4.0, Android 2.2 and above, Blackberry OS6, Nokia (micro-browser only), and RIM Playbook (micro-browser only) Clients are available in the stores [email_address]
IBM Connections is available for Windows Mobile, RIM BB, iOS and Android. Apps are free of charge available in the app stores. On the right a screen of the micro browser for devices without app, e.g. Symbian OS.
What is LotusLive Mobile? LotusLive Mobile is a smartphone application that lets you access your LotusLive network and collaboration services - including webcasting services, instant messaging and more, right from your mobile device. LotusLive Mobile enables you to collaborate on-the-go via Apple® iOS devices, BlackBerry smartphones and Android mobile devices, saving you time and giving you unparalleled flexibility. What can I do with LotusLive Mobile? Join a meeting. Join a meeting directly from your mobile device - and view live presentations, including shared desktop and slide presentations. Share files from anywhere. Now you can access your library of files from your mobile device, share it with anyone quickly with ease. Leverage your network. With LotusLive Mobile you can share a contact with your business partner or colleague so they can get started on your mission critical project without delay.
What is a portal? Web portals provide a personalized view of your organization, helping you, your customers, partners and suppliers work together better. This portal guide explains how portals provide role-based access to what you need, when you need it. Visit the other pages of this portal guide to learn more.
Here you see the normal Portal login screen. For the mobile device the image is no longer there and the buttons have changed.
Here another sample of transcoding. The menu Items of Mobile Portal is selected and the links and portlets are now shown as a list: Your World, Our Services, About = portlet
When opening the page Our Services under the Mobile Portal tab/link on the portal, the transcoded page does noet show the portlets It shows a list of portlets.
Mobile Portal Accelerator
Here you see the content of the portlet “Downloads” being rendered for the device. Images are not shown and the selection text are shortened, (screen of PDA is not that wide ) This solution is good for B2C as there is no way to control the device type. Disadvantage is that the UI per device type has to be configured per application. In current timeframe we see that the modern browsers can handle `normal`web content. And most screens are rectangular. So an alternative could be to use the webexprience builder: http://www.slideshare.net/vperrinfr/developing-exceptional-mobile-application
Web vs mashup: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/library/mashups-web/ http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/info20/ Mashups are ideal to create light weight apps
IBM delivers the Expeditor platform on which you can create your own applications. Focus here is on windows Mobile.
Cognos 8 Go! Mobile Deliver reports and dashboards authored in IBM Cognos 8 Business Intelligence to mobile devices without rework or additional maintenance. Overview IBM® Cognos 8 Go! Mobile delivers reports to wireless devices on the BlackBerry®, Windows Mobile, and Symbian S60 platforms. Enable executives and mobile users to make better decisions by delivering reports to mobile devices such as the BlackBerry® or Windows SmartPhone without additional coding. Purpose-built rich client provides users with actual IBM Cognos 8 BI reports, not static renditions or OEM reproductions. Single authoring environment lets users access all BI content regardless of language or locale. No need to build and maintain a separate mobile BI deployment. Users can take advantage of native mobile device behaviors such as scrolling, touch screen technology and clicking to navigate reports and menus. Remote installation and centralized administration lets you distribute functionality and upgrades to users quickly. Single security, including authentication, authorization, and encryption, augmented for mobile user needs. Compressed data storage for offline viewing and use. Learn more: IBM Cognos 8 Go! Mobile
Easy to do!
Only for Notes 8 Basic Configuration!
This presentation was made by Reynout van Adrichem Boogaert @IBM
2. Secure Connection to your Enterprise Network <ul><li>First you want to connect to your company network… </li></ul>IBM Mobile Connect <ul><li>What does it do? </li></ul><ul><li>Creates a secure (VPN) connection between your device and the company gateway </li></ul><ul><li>Selects automatically an available network connection (configured on the device) </li></ul><ul><li>Switches between these network connections while maintaining the session: Seamless Roaming </li></ul>More…
3. IBM Mobile Connect Secure connection across all modes of access (desktop, browser, mobile) <ul><li>Challenge: Sensitive information across networks </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Secure and seamless access to business information </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Wide variety of networks (wireless, wire line, transient) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>High cost of moving data </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Solution: Secure VPN with seamless roaming </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Strong data encryption / Authentication </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Secure wireless / wire line roaming over 35+ networks </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Customizable least cost routing </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Transparent network transitions (e.g. from WiFi - corporate campus / “coffee shop” to GPRS connection – in the car) </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Open Security Standards </li></ul><ul><ul><li>RSA, AES, DES </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>FIPS 140-2, Common Criteria EAL3+ </li></ul></ul>Browser Secure Connectivity User authentication Data encryption Secure VPNs Optimized access Sametime Sametime Screencam
4. Clientless IBM Mobile Connect <ul><li>Secure connection for remote users over and above SSL </li></ul><ul><li>For iNotes access, does not require additional client to be installed on the client </li></ul><ul><li>Can be used from any SSL capable browser </li></ul>e.g. if you are not allowed to install the LMC client or no client is available for your device. Also available as clientless VPN Lotus Mobile Connect Public Web Address http://iNotes.myco.com Forms based login to IBM Mobile Connect Common LDAP for single sign-on (optional) HTTP Client Application (browser)
5. E-Mail <ul><li>Then you want to check your mail… </li></ul>IBM Lotus Notes Traveler <ul><li>What does it do? </li></ul><ul><li>Push mail solution for Domino to Windows Mobile Clients. </li></ul><ul><li>Traveler client for Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android </li></ul><ul><li>ActiveSync for iPhone and other mobile devices that support ActiveSync and app for encrypted mail. </li></ul><ul><li>Other option is to access PIM information is to use iNotes ultra light web interface </li></ul>More…
6. Lotus Traveler on your mobile device
7. Network Topology – Configuration Examples Lotus Domino (8.0.x/8.5) with Lotus Notes Traveler service Sync and Mail server Windows-only initially HTTP/S protocol Firewall Single server Lotus Domino (8.0.x/8.5) with Lotus Notes Traveler service Sync server Windows-only initially Lotus Domino (7.0.2+) Mail server Any OS Multi-server Firewall HTTP/S protocol Firewall Firewall Lotus Notes Traveler Client Lotus Notes Traveler Client IBM Mobile Connect IBM Mobile Connect Trusted Domain DMZ Trusted Domain DMZ
8. Real-time Collaboration <ul><li>After you have checked your mail you want to get in touch… </li></ul>IBM Sametime Mobile <ul><li>What does it do? </li></ul><ul><li>Sametime on Windows, Symbian, Android, iOS and RIM Blackberry OS devices </li></ul><ul><li>Comes with IBM Sametime Standard V8.5 </li></ul>More…
9. IBM Sametime on your mobile device
10. Architecture IBM Sametime Environment Firewalll Firewalll Trusted Domain DMZ Initial devices supported BlackBerry (4.0+) Nokia series 60 Windows Mobile 2003 Windows Mobile 5 / 6 Managed Virtual Private Network IBM Mobile Connect (optional)
11. What if your device has no Sametime app installed <ul><li>IBM Sametime 8.5 Web Based Client </li></ul>
12. Sametime Unified Telephony integration <ul><li>While chatting on a mobile device, you might want to switch to voice: </li></ul>(Android and iOS only)
13. Sametime Meetings <ul><li>Real time collaboration in meetings on the go </li></ul>(Android, Blackberry and iOS)
14. Find and Reach Expertise and Knowledge <ul><li>Then you want to start working with people in a Web 2.0 collaborative work environment; enterprise social software. </li></ul>IBM Connections <ul><li>What does it do? </li></ul><ul><li>find people in online directory of people (find by name, or keyword (tag) </li></ul><ul><li>see what information the are working on, who they work with, </li></ul><ul><li>what information they tag, what files they share </li></ul>In other words: find a person, get a good impression of who “the name” is and then collaborate. More …
15. IBM Connections on your mobile device *Browser
16. IBM mobile social collaboration products
17. Work with customers across boundaries <ul><li>Then you want to start working with customers and partners in a Web 2.0 collaborative work environment </li></ul>IBM LotusLive <ul><li>What does it do? </li></ul><ul><li>Join a meeting. Join a meeting directly from your mobile device - and view live presentations, including shared desktop and slide presentations. </li></ul><ul><li>Share files from anywhere. Now you can access your library of files from your mobile device, share it with anyone quickly with ease. </li></ul><ul><li>Leverage your network. With LotusLive Mobile you can share a contact with your business partner or colleague so they can get started on your mission critical project without delay. </li></ul>More …
18. LotusLive Mobile on your Device
19. Working with Applications <ul><li>Then you want to start working and access (web)applications… </li></ul>IBM WebSphere Portal <ul><li>What does it do? </li></ul><ul><li>Transcoding of the portal navigation structure </li></ul><ul><li>Navigation to pages are automatically transformed into dropdown list </li></ul><ul><li>The portlets on the pages are accessible by dropdown list </li></ul>More…
22. Mobile Portal theme <ul><li>Another example of the mobile theme </li></ul>
24. Get the applications on the right (screen) size <ul><li>Then you have your specific application, but not at the right size… what now? </li></ul>IBM Mobile Portal Accelerator <ul><li>What does it do? </li></ul><ul><li>On top of WebSphere Portal… Transcodes the portlets </li></ul><ul><li>Extends portlets to a wide range of mobile devices </li></ul><ul><li>“ write once, render many” mobile devices with device-independent authoring </li></ul><ul><li>Utilizes a continuously updated device repository and adapts to new devices </li></ul><ul><li>without any changes to the existing content </li></ul>More…
26. Web 2.0 applications <ul><li>You want to create and deliver web2.0 apps? </li></ul>IBM Mashups Center <ul><li>What does it do? </li></ul><ul><li>A graphical, browser-based tool tool that will help enable easy, on-the-glass assembly of new applications by Web-savvy business users </li></ul><ul><li>A Mashup catalog which will help facilitate the sharing and discovery of mashup components, with planned, built-in community features like ratings, tagging, commenting </li></ul><ul><li>An easy-to-use development environment rapid creation of dynamic widgets </li></ul><ul><li>A rich set of out-of-the-box, business-ready widgets </li></ul>More…
27. IBM Mashup Center / Infosphere Mashup hub Not for all mobile webbrowsers* More…
28. Keep working – Online / Offline model <ul><li>That was the online part, but what if you don ’t have connection… what then? </li></ul>IBM Lotus Expeditor <ul><li>What does it do? </li></ul><ul><li>universal managed client software (used for Sametime 8, Notes 8 and in future Sametime Mobile) </li></ul><ul><li>Client on Windows, Linux, Mac, Symbian, Windows mobile </li></ul><ul><li>Synchronizes data and application </li></ul>More…
29. Lotus Expeditor: Connections <ul><li>Enable better responsiveness </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Minimal round trip to server(s) </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Improve end to end scalability </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Locally hosted business logic </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Enable transparent server interaction when server becomes available </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Outgoing - Complete transactions when connected </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Incoming - Refresh/Update local content when connected </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Enable mobility </li></ul><ul><ul><li>“ Full” disconnected for long periods of time (i.e.: on an airplane) </li></ul></ul>Full application support – at the client Traditional Browser Applications Always on / Always Connected Expeditor Applications Productive Anytime / Anywhere Browser Portal Web Container Transaction Container Server: Portal, WebSphere, Forms, Sametime, Domino Request Response MQ DB2 <ul><li>Rich Client or Browser </li></ul><ul><li>Laptop / Desktop or Device </li></ul>Expeditor Server Connectors Web Container Transaction Container MQe DB2e DB2 MQ
30. IBM Sametime Mobile client on Expeditor Work in progress* ScreenCam…
31. IBM Special Product Clients IBM Cognos Mobile More …
32. IBM Cognos Mobile client for iPad <ul><li>As tablets are becoming more important: in iTunes App store </li></ul>
33. Tip: Don ’t forget to Feed <ul><li>Works anyplace anytime anywhere </li></ul><ul><li>Online and Offline </li></ul><ul><li>The whole Lotus Portfolio is “Feeded” </li></ul><ul><ul><li>IBM Connections </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>IBM Sametime Advanced </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>IBM Quickr </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Lotus Notes - template to enable DB´s </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Domino Blog </li></ul></ul>
34. When even a PDA is too Heavy Lotus Notes on a (USB) stick -- came in Notes 7.0.2 <ul><li>Description </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Enables users to take their Notes experience with them on a USB stick. </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Customer Profiles / Use Cases: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Satellite Office workforce </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Workers that do not have laptops </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Ready backup capability for Notes environment </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Workers that want to take their “Notes” experience to other computers (hotels, customer site, remote office, etc..) </li></ul></ul></ul>More…
35. The Lotus Product Portfolio 2011 IBM Sametime LotusLive Meetings Unified communications and collaboration services WebSphere Portal Composite applications and integration services with 7 accelerators IBM Connections Social software for business IBM Quickr Collaborative content and team services Lotus Notes and Domino Mail, calendaring and rapid application development IBM Forms Pixel perfect, digitally signed forms IBM Lotus Symphony Free productivity tools for documents, presentations, and spreadsheets Lotus Expeditor Eclipse based Client-side integration which extends composite applications to laptops, desktops, kiosks and mobile devices IBM Mashups Easily remix content and uncover insights Lotus Protector Security services for e-mail SW as a Service / Cloud Computing