ED 505 – Fall 2010 – Fowler
Infographics Blog Assignment
What is an Infographic?
On Dave Gray’s Blog Communication Nation, he
1. It’s a visual explanation that helps you more
easily understand, find or do something.
2. It’s visual, and when necessary, integrates words
and pictures in a fluid, dynamic way
3. It stands alone and is completely self-
4. It reveals information that was formerly hidden
5. It makes possible faster, more consistent
6. It’s universally understandable.
• Easy to understand.
• Universal Language.
• Who doesn’t like pictures
better than words?
• Not as lengthy as a
When to Use Infographics…
• News Articles
• Anything with Statistics
• Small Children
• Classrooms in General