1. UK Beer Market Insights 2012Report Details:Published:September 2012No. of Pages: 161Price: Single User License – US$10672Product SynopsisA detailed market research report on the UK beer industry. Researched and published byCanadean.Introduction and LandscapeWhy was the report written?This report comprises high level market research data on the UK beer industry, published byCanadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight andanalysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, marketvaluation and pricing.What is the current market landscape and what is changing?In October the industry welcomed a 50% cut in duty for beer with an abv of less than 2.8%; thisrepresents a big opportunity to boost profit margins for brewers and retailers alike.What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?The on-trade channel endured a terrible year in 2010, with the decline accelerated due to the coldweather at the start and end of the year.What makes this report unique and essential to read?The UK Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understandingof the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much more granular anddetailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brand upwards, by anexperienced on-the-ground industry analyst who conducts face-to-face interviews with keyproducers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.Key Features and BenefitsThis report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of thedynamics and structure of the UK Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011 plusforecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.
2. This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, superpremium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, beer type.This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brandsand reports on new product activity in 2011.This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and containsbrewer profiles for ten major brewers.This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs off-premise) and discusses the latest trendsin the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type,size, refillable vs non-refillable, multi-serve vs single serve. Market valuation data and pricing data,including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumer beerprices are also included.Key Market IssuesThe UK economy stagnated and the industry had to tolerate a rise in VAT, to 20%, and an excisehike of 7.2%.In Northern Ireland, sales dropped by nearly8% as cross border trade with the Republic of Irelandslowed.The FIFA World Cup in the comparison year highlighted how influential a big football tournamentcan be in driving off premise sales; the jump in sales in Q3-11 however, was not enough tocompensate for the slump in Q2-11 volumes.The 25% duty rise on beers that are 7.5% or more has hit this segment; however, it is likely thatabv will be cut on these beers.With no sign of the government relenting on the duty escalator and the onset of minimum pricing,the government should be cautious of resurgence in border trade traffic.Key HighlightsIn April 2011 the nation was gripped by Royal fever as the country celebrated the marriage ofPrince William and his bride Kate Middleton with an extra bank holiday. This occasion triggered aspike in sales.In October the industry welcomed a 50% cut in duty for beer with an abv of less than 2.8%; thisrepresents a big opportunity to boost profit margins for brewers and retailers alike.In 2012 the nation celebrated the Queens Diamond Jubilee and once again an extra day off wasintroduced to facilitate the celebrations. It is too early to assess the extent of any uplift in beersales.
3. Aided by a recovery in the economy, a run of good summer weather and an uplift generated bymajor sporting events, demand did begin to creep up again in 2002 and 2003, and without theslump in personal imports in2004, would have increased again.In the retail environment, imported brands enjoy a degree of glamour and most World Beers fallinto the superpremium bracket.Get your copy of this report @http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/191960-uk-beer-market-insights-2012.htmlMajor points covered in Table of Contents of this report includeMarket ContextMarket EnvironmentThe Consumer PalateAll Commercial BeveragesLegislation and TaxationMarket Parameters TablesPopulation Size and Growth 1983-2014FWest Europe Population Size and Growth 2001-2012FEconomic Indicators 2003-2013FWest Europe Commercial Beverage Consumption - Per Capita, 2001-2012FWest Europe Commercial Beverage Consumption - Per Capita - % Share, 2001-2012FWest Europe Beverage Consumption Per Capita - Growth, 2002-2012FLegislation and Taxation TablesTable 1.5.1A - Taxation BaseTable 1.5.1B - Excise Duty by Percentage Alcohol by Volume (From April 2011)Table 1.5.2 - Historical Excise Rates of BeerTable 1.5.3 - Legal Controls on BeerTable 1.5.4 - Tax Burden on Beer @ 5% Abv, 2011Market Background BriefingBeer Definitions by Type - Local SegmentationBeer Definitions by Type - Standard Price SegmentationBeer Definitions by Type - Alcoholic StrengthBeer Definitions by Type - Beer TypeBeer Definitions by Type - Local, National and InternationalMarket UpdateBeer Key FactsMarket SizeGrowthMarket ValueSegmentation 2011Distribution 2011Packaging 2011
4. Market CommentaryCurrent and Emerging TrendsOutlookImports and ExportsSegmentationTop 10 Beer Brands - Volume, 2009-2011Top 10 International Premium and Superpremium Beer Brands - Volume, 2009-2011Licensed Brand Owners and LicenseesBrand AnalysisPrivate Label/Private Label ProducersNew Products ActivityChart - Leading Brewers/Importers, 2011Market StructureBrewersChart - Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2011Packaging TrendsChart - Distribution by Channel, 2011Chart - Consumption by Price Segment, 2011Market Valuation and PricingBeer Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012FDistribution TrendsDistribution and Pricing TablesTable 3.6.1 - Outlet Universe for Beer, 2009-2011Table 3.7.1 -Leading Retail Groups for Beer, 2007-2011Table 3.8 - Leading Beer Importers, 2011Table 3.9 - Trade Margin Build-Up ModelTable 3.10.1 - Selected Consumer Beer Prices: Off-Premise, 2010-2012Table 3.10.2 - Selected Consumer Beer Prices: On-Premise, 2010-2012Beer Data TablesCommercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Litres, 2001-2012FCommercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - % Share, 2001-2012FCommercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Growth, 2001-2011Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Litres, 2001-2012FAlcoholic Beverage Consumption - Litres of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2001-2012FBeer Production/Trade/Consumption, 2001-2012FBeer Production/Trade/Consumption - Growth, 2001-2012FConsumption of FABs and Cider, 2001-2012FBeer Foreign Trade By Country (Imports), 2008-2012FBeer Foreign Trade By Country (Exports), 2008-2012FBeer Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012FBeer Consumption by Local Definition, 2008-2012FBeer Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2008-2012F
5. Beer Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012FBeer Consumption by Type, 2008-2012FBeer Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2008-2012FBeer All Trademarks, 2007-2011Beer Brands by Local Definition, 2007-2011Beer Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2007-2011Beer Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2007-2011Beer Brands by Type, 2007-2011Beer Imported Brands by Origin, 2007-2Beer Licensed Brands, 2007-2011Beer Private Label Brands, 2007-2011Beer Trademark Owners, 2007-2011Beer Local Operators, 2007-2011Beer Leading Brewers/Importers, 2007-2011Beer Consumption by Pack Mix: Refillability/Type/Pack/Size, 2008-2012FBeer Distribution: On vs Off Premise, 2008-2012FBrewer ProfilesCandC GROUP PLCCandC Group Brand Volumes, 2007-2011CARLSBERG UK LTDCarlsberg UK Brand Volumes, 2007-2011DIAGEO GREAT BRITAINDiageo, Great Britain Brand Volumes, 2007-2011GREENE KING PLCGreene King Brand Volumes, 2007-2011HEINEKEN UKHeineken UK Brand Volumes, 2007-2011A-BINBEV UK (formerly INBEV UK)InBev UK Brand Volumes, 2007-2011A-BInBev UK Brand Volumes, 2007-2011MARSTONS PLCMarston`s Brand Volumes, 2007-2011MILLER BRANDS UKMiller Brands UK Brand Volumes, 2007-2011MOLSON COORS BREWERS (UK) LTDMolson Coors Brewers UK Brand Volumes, 2007-2011WELLS and YOUNGS BREWING COMPANYWells and Youngs Brewing Co Brand Volumes, 2007-2011Smaller BrewersAdnams PlcBudweiser Budvar UK LtdCobra Beer UK
6. Daniel Thwaites PlcFuller, Smith and Turner PlcHall and WoodhouseShepherd Neame LtdWadworth and Co LtdContact: email@example.com for more information.