1. Romania Beer Market Insights 2012Report Details:Published:September 2012No. of Pages: 95Price: Single User License – US$6240Product SynopsisA detailed market research report on the Romania beer industry. Researched and published byCanadean.Introduction and LandscapeWhy was the report written?This report comprises high level market research data on the Romania beer industry, published byCanadean. The report covers the total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insightand analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, marketvaluation and pricing.What is the current market landscape and what is changing?After a short period of trying to function normally, before the economic crisis began in 2009, mostproducers have realised that the crisis is a long-lasting state that they can no longer deny orignore.What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?The Romanian beer market, as well as most other food industries, has suffered from the impact ofthe economic crisis and decline of purchasing power in the past few years.What makes this report unique and essential to read?The Romania Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depthunderstanding of the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much moregranular and detailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brandupwards, by an experienced on-the-ground industry analyst who conducts face-to-faceinterviews with key producers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.Key Features and BenefitsThis report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of thedynamics and structure of the Romania Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011plus forecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.
2. This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium,superpremium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, beer type.This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brandsand reports on new product activity in 2011.This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and containsbrewer profiles for ten major brewers.This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs off-premise) and discusses the latest trendsin the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type,size, refillable vs non-refillable, multi-serve vs single serve. Market valuation data and pricing data,including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumer beerprices are also included.Key Market IssuesDue to increasing competition within markets, many producers have been forced to sell theirbrands at a lower price per pack, or in larger packs for the same price as the smaller ones.Imported hops, malt, other raw materials and PET granules were not only more expensive due toa global increase in prices, but for local producers, imports suffered due to the local currencydevaluation.One of the most serious problems producers faced was in regards to collecting trade debt, withmany wholesalers and distributors delaying payments until well beyond debt maturity or worse,becoming insolvent and unable to repay the amount at all.From the consumers perspective, the economic crisis was particularly worrying as significantincome cuts and the increasing unemployment rate began at a point where the average income ofRomania was already the second lowest in Europe.Most producers admit that marketing budgets are directly related to sales performance, but in amarket where price is the most important driver, many brands have reduced innovation, preferringto push sales through price promotions.Key HighlightsIn 2011 brewers benefitted from the unexpectedly favourable weather; the summer extending untillate in September, and the beginning of October, with temperatures exceeding the norm.Overall the industry ended the year with very slight growth, but not all brewers gained equal sharefrom this chance. Of the four big international brewers, Heineken benefitted the most as it was notonly the most innovative brand, but also invested the most in marketing activities.
3. After the unexpected end to the consumption decline in 2011, mainly driven by the long hotsummer, 2012could be the confirmation of the market recovery. In spite of a poor first quarter,quarter 2 temperatures exceeded the average for the period, and the weather forecast for a veryhot summer, the UEFAEuropean Football Championship and the Olympic Games, are expected toconfirm the recovery trend initiated in the second part of 2011.The increasing availability of affordable beers under PLs and strong local brands, such as Bucegi,GoldenBrau, Timisoreana and Bergenbier, as well as the trendy unfiltered beers, are expected tocontribute to the slow market recovery.Get your copy of this report @http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/191951-romania-beer-market-insights-2012.htmlMajor points covered in Table of Contents of this report includeMarket ContextMarket EnvironmentThe Consumer PalateAll Commercial BeveragesLegislation and TaxationMarket Parameters TablesTable: Population Size and Growth 1991-2014FTable: East Europe Population Size and Growth 2001-2012FTable: Economic Indicators 2003-2013FTable: East Europe Commercial Beverage Consumption - Per Capita, 2001-2012FTable: East Europe Commercial Beverage Consumption - Per Capita - % Share, 2001-2012FTable: East Europe Beverage Consumption Per Capita - Growth, 2002-2012FLegislation and Taxation TablesTable 1.5.1 - Taxation BaseTable 1.5.3 - Legal Controls on BeerTable 1.5.4 - Tax Burden on Beer @ 5% Abv, 2011Market Background BriefingBeer Definitions by Type - Local SegmentationBeer Definitions by Type - Standard Price SegmentationBeer Definitions by Type - Alcoholic StrengthBeer Definitions by Type - Beer TypeBeer Definitions by Type - Local, National and InternationalMarket UpdatesBeer Key FactsMarket SizeGrowthMarket ValuSegmentation 2011Distribution 2011
4. Packaging 2011Market CommentaryCurrent and Emerging TrendsOutlookImports and ExportsSegmentationTop 10 Beer Brands - Volume, 2009-2011Top 10 International Premium and Superpremium Beer Brands - Volume, 2009-2011Licensed Brand Owners and LicenseesBrand AnalysisPrivate Label/Private Label ProducersNew Products ActivityChart - Leading Brewers/Importers, 2011Market StructureBrewersChart - Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2011Packaging TrendsChart - Distribution by Channel, 2011Chart - Consumption by Price Segment, 2011Market Valuation and PricingBeer Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012FDistribution TrendsDistribution and PricingTable 3.4.1 - Outlet Universe For Beer - Number/% Share, 2007-2011Table 3.5.1 - Leading Retail Groups For Beer - Number/% Share, 2007-2011Table 3.5.2 - Leading Retail Groups For Beer - Turnover (EUR bn)/% Share, 2008-2011Table 3.7.3 - Leading Retail Groups for Beer - Owner/Outlet 2011Table 3.8 - Leading Importers and Distributors, 2011Table 3.9 - Trade Margin Build-Up ModelTable 3.10.1 - Selected Consumer Beer Prices: Off-Premise, 2010-2012Table 3.10.2 - Selected Consumer Beer Prices: On-Premise, 2010-2012Beer Data TablesCommercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Litres, 2001-2012FCommercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - % Share, 2001-2012FCommercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Growth, 2001-2011Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Litres, 2001-2012FAlcoholic Beverage Consumption - Litres of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2001-2012FBeer Production/Trade/Consumption, 2001-2012FBeer Production/Trade/Consumption - Growth, 2001-2012FConsumption of FABs and Cider, 2006-2012FBeer Foreign Trade By Country (Imports), 2008-2012FBeer Foreign Trade By Country (Exports), 2008-2012F
5. Beer Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012FBeer Consumption by Local Definition, 2008-2012FBeer Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2008-2012FBeer Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012FBeer Consumption by Type, 2008-2012FBeer Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2008-2012FBeer All Trademarks, 2007-2011Beer Brands by Local Definition, 2007-2011Beer Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2007-2011Beer Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2007-2011Beer Brands by Type, 2007-2011Beer Imported Brands by Origin, 2007-2011Beer Licensed Brands, 2007-2011Beer Private Label Brands, 2007-2011Beer Trademark Owners, 2007-2011Beer Local Operators, 2007-2011Beer Leading Brewers/Importers, 2007-2011Beer Consumption by Pack Mix: Refillability/Type/Pack/Size, 2008-2012FBeer Distribution: On vs Off Premise, 2008-2012FBrewer ProfilesEUROPEAN FOOD (EUROPEAN DRINKS GROUP)European Food Brand Volumes, 2007-2011HEINEKEN ROMANIAHeineken Romania Brand Volumes, 2007-2011BERGENBIER, formerly InBev Romania (STARBEV)Bergenbier Brand Volumes, 2007-2011InBev Romania Brand Volumes, 2007-2011ROMAQUA GROUPRomaqua Brand Volumes, 2007-2011UNITED ROMANIAN BREWERIES BEREPRODUnited Romanian Breweries Bereprod Brand Volumes, 2007-2011URSUS BREWERIES (SABMiller)Ursus Breweries Brand Volumes, 2007-2011Smaller BrewersAlbrau GrupBermas SuceavaMartensContact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.