1. Portugal Beer Market Insights 2012Report Details:Published:September 2012No. of Pages: 84Price: Single User License – US$6688Product SynopsisA detailed market research report on the Portugal beer industry. Researched and published byCanadean.Introduction and LandscapeWhy was the report written?This report comprises of high level market research data on the Portugal beer industry, publishedby Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insightand analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, marketvaluation and pricing.What is the current market landscape and what is changing?With VAT increased by three percentage points to 23% and further austerity measuresimplemented by the government, both brewers and consumers were challenged by a harderenvironment in 2011. Although the warmer average temperature benefitted the industry, even thiscould not make much of an impact on beer consumption levels, which declined by almost 8%.What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?It is thought that heavy consumers are the main segment of consumers to be cutting their beerconsumption rather than those who only drink occasionally. On-premise channels were hurt themost by the consumption contraction despite the almost static retail price policy applied by Horecaretailers. This behavior has been driving the marketing activity of brewing companies in the lastcouple of years of economic downturn.What makes this report unique and essential to read?The Portugal Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depthunderstanding of the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much moregranular and detailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brandupwards, by an experienced on-the-ground industry analyst who conducts face-to-faceinterviews with key producers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.
2. Key Features and BenefitsThis report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of thedynamics and structure of the Portugal Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011plus forecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, superpremium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, beer type.This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brandsand reports on new product activity in 2011.This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and containsbrewer profiles of major brewersThis report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trendsin the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type,size, refillable vs. non-refillable, multi-serve vs. single serve. Market valuation data and pricingdata, including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumerbeer prices are also included.Key Market IssuesBeer was not considered an essential spend for most consumers as they had to face thecombined effect of increased beer VAT, lower spending power and more austerity measures. Beerconsumption fell as a result, with consumers adjusting their habits to match their spending power.Brewing companies counteracted the hard environment by proposing a successful win-win trade toconsumers; the new 20/25cl nr glass bottles (now named minis). Minis have become thetrendy option, able to satisfy a more moderated intake for consumers who cannot pay the price ofbigger 33cl bottles and are willing to accept enlarged per buy amounts through a broad range ofmulti-packs.Temporary variants of megabrands designed as seasonal options proved to be successful atbetter satisfying the light and occasional consumers who were very dependent on warmtemperatures, holiday time and appreciate a lighter refreshing beer taste that is more easy todrink, affordable and funny or festively named but ideally belonging to a leading parent brand.The economically troubled consumer continued shifting to home consumption where spend islower and there is no concern about limiting consumption to be able to drive.Key HighlightsCuts in public employees salaries, freezing of pensions in both the private and public sector and
3. VAT increases all contributed to weakened consumer spending powerPrivate Label and discount brands will not be able to offset the declining beer volumes due to thestrong brand-oriented behavior of consumersBrewers introduced a new 20/25cl pack size, enabling higher value sales per litre than traditional33cl pack sizeOn-premise channels were hurt the most by the consumption contraction, despite the almost staticretail price policy applied by Horeca retailers.Temporary variants of megabrands designed as seasonal options proved to be successful with thelight and occasional consumerGet your copy of this report @http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/194771-portugal-beer-market-insights-2012.htmlMajor points covered in Table of Contents of this report includeCanadean Portugal Beer Market Insights Report 2012Executive SummarySection 1 Market ContextMARKET CONTEXTMarket EnvironmentThe Consumer PalateAll Commercial BeveragesLegislation and TaxationMARKET PARAMETER TABLESTable - Population Size and Growth, 1983-2014FTable - West Europe Population Size and Growth, 2001-2012FTable - Economic Indicators, 2003-2013FTable - West Europe Commercial Beverage Consumption - Per Capita, 2001-2012FTable - West Europe Commercial Beverage Consumption - Per Capita, % Share, 2001-2012FTable - West Europe Beverage Consumption Per Capita, Growth, 2002-2012FLEGISLATION AND TAXATION TABLESTable 1.5.1 - Taxation BaseTable 1.5.3 - Legal Controls on BeerTable 1.5.4 - Tax Burden on Beer @ 5% Abv, 2011Section 2 Market Background BriefingMARKET BACKGROUND BRIEFINGTable - Beer Definitions by Type - Local SegmentationTable - Beer Definitions by Type - Standard Price SegmentationTable - Beer Definitions by Type - Alcoholic StrengthTable - Beer Definitions by Type - Beer TypeTable - Beer Definitions by Type - Local, National and International
4. Section 3 Market UpdateMARKET UPDATEBeer Key FactsMarket SizeGrowthMarket ValueSegmentation 2011Distribution 2011Packaging 2011MARKET COMMENTARYCurrent and Emerging TrendsOutlookImports and ExportsSegmentationTop 10 Beer Brands - Volume, 2009-2011Top 10 International Premium and Superpremium Beer Brands - Volume, 2010-2011Licensed Brand Owners and LicenseesBrand AnalysisPrivate Label/Private Label ProducersNew Products ActivityChart - Leading Brewers/Importer, 2011Market StructureBrewersChart - Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2011Packaging TrendsChart - Distribution by Channel, 2011Chart - Consumption by Price Segment, 2011Market Valuation and PricingBeer Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012FDistribution TrendsDISTRIBUTION AND PRICING TABLESTable 3.4.1 - Outlet Universe for Beer, Number/% Share, 2007-2011Table 3.4.2 - Outlet Universe for Beer By Turnover- Value/% Share, 2007-2011Table 3.7 - Leading Retail Groups for Beer, 2011Table 3.8A - Leading Distributors/Drinks Wholesalers, 2011Table 3.8B - Leading Beer Importers, 2011Table 3.9 - Trade Margin Build-Up ModelTable 3.10.1 - Selected Consumer Beer Prices - Off-Premise, 2010-2012Table 3.10.2 - Selected Consumer Beer Prices - On-Premise, 2010-2012DATA TABLESCommercial Beverage Consumption Per Capita, Litres, 2001-2012FCommercial Beverage Consumption Per Capita, % Share, 2001-2012F
5. Commercial Beverage Consumption Per Capita, - Growth, 2001-2011Commercial Beverage Consumption, Million Litres, 2001-2012FAlcoholic Beverage Consumption - Litres of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2001-2012FBeer Production/Trade/Consumption, 2001-2012FBeer Production/Trade/Consumption, Growth, 2001-2012FConsumption of FABs and Cider, 2001-2012FBeer Foreign Trade by Country (Imports), 2008-2012FBeer Foreign Trade by Country (Exports), 2008-2012FBeer Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012FBeer Consumption by Local Definition, 2008-2012FBeer Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2008-2012FBeer Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012FBeer Consumption by Type, 2008-2012FBeer Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2008-2012FBeer All Trademarks, 2007-2011Beer Brands by Local Definition, 2007-2011Beer Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2007-2011Beer Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2007-2011Beer Brands by Type, 2007-2011Beer Imported Brands by Origin, 2007-2011Beer Licensed Brands, 2007-2011Beer Private Label Brands, 2007-2011Beer Trademark Owners, 2007-2011Beer Local Operators, 2007-2011Beer Leading Brewers/Importers, 2007-2011Beer Consumption by Pack Mix: Refillability/Type/Material/Size, 2008-2012FBeer Distribution: On-Premise v Off-Premise, 2008-2012FSection 4 Brewer ProfilesBREWER PROFILESFONT SALEM PORTUGAL S.A (formerly DRINK IN - COMPANHIA DE INDÚSTRIA DEBEBIDAS E ALIMENTAÇAO SA)Ownership/ShareholdersCompany HistoryStrategic InformationCompany DataTable - Breweries, Capacity, 000s HLTable - Font Salem Full Brand List, ABV%, Pack TypeTable - Drink In Brand Volumes, 2007-2011Table - Font Salem Brand Volumes, 2007-2011EMPRESA DE CERVEJAS DA MADEIRA (ECM)Ownership/ShareholdersCompany History
6. Strategic InformationOther Beverage InterestsCompany DataTable - Breweries, Capacity, 000s HLTable - Empresa De Cervejas Da Madeira Full Brand List, ABV%, Pack TypeTable - EMC Brand Volumes, 2007-2011MELO ABREU LDAOwnership/ShareholdersCompany HistoryStrategic InformationOther Beverage InterestsCompany DataTable - Breweries, Capacity, 000s HLTable - Melo Abreu Full Brand List, ABV%, Pack TypeTable - Melo Abreu Brand Volumes, 2007-2011SOCIEDADE CENTRAL DE CERVEJAS E BEBIDAS (SCC)Ownership/ShareholdersCompany HistoryStrategic InformationOther Beverage InterestsCompany DataTable - Breweries, Capacity, 000s HLTable - SCC Full Brand List, ABV%, Pack TypeTable - Sociedade Central De Cervejas E Bebidas SA Brand Volumes, 2007-2011SUMOL+COMPAL, SA (formerly SUMOLIS GM)Ownership/ShareholdersCompany HistoryStrategic InformationOther Beverage InterestsCompany DataTable - Breweries, Capacity, 000s HLTable - Sumol + Compal Full Brand List, ABV%, Pack TypeTable - Sumolis GM Brand Volumes, 2007-2011Table - Sumolis + Compal Brand Volumes, 2007-2011UNICER - BEBIDAS DE PORTUGAL SGPS SAOwnership/ShareholdersCompany HistoryStrategic InformationCompany DataTable - Breweries, Capacity, 000s HLTable - Unicer Full Brand List, ABV%, Pack TypeTable - Unicer Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
7. MethodologyBeer Attributes DefinitionsProduct DefinitionsPackaging DefinitionsGlossaryMapContact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.