Socializing with Network
Social Media Presence of Vodafone vis-à-vis
Objective of the project
• Social Presence of Vodafone compare with
other leading Networks
• Tonality :The overall tonality was negative as customers
posted complaints and issues they faced.
• There were a few customers who posted queries.
• The number of positive mentions was very less.
Vodafone at Glance
• The highest number of posts were related to the customer service
meted out by vodafone.
• The second highest posts were related to mobile internet issues.
Airtel at Glance
• A difference seen here- highest posts were recorded for mobile
internet related issues .
• The number of posts for customer service related issues was lesser
than that of Vodafone
Comparison Vodafone and Airtel Network
• Neutral and positive posts were tracked for Vodafone. However, for Airtel there was
no neutral or positive mention about its network.
• Out of the 18 posts tracked for customer service for Vodafone, there
was 1 positive post.
• Airtel did not have anything other than negative posts for its customer
service related posts.
• Posts recorded regarding mobile internet were higher for Airtel.
• Mobile internet included posts related to 3g issues, download and upload
speeds, internet not working on devices.
Few points at a sight
• Overall it is seen that Airtel is the most hated brand out of the two.
• There were posts recorded where customers switched to Vodafone after issues with their
previous service provider. However, no such posts were recorded for Airtel.
• However, a few posts were recorded where Vodafone customers asked why the iPhone 5 was
not being launched by Vodafone.
• Vodafone also had posts where customers complained about the activation of their
number/SIM after purchase. It is seen that services are not activated on the numbers for which
the customers have to visit the store or call customer care a number of times.
• Posts related to plans and tariffs was higher in Vodafone customers. These posts included
comments on cost, previous rates, increasing cost of plans, etc.
• Airtel customers did not complain much about tariffs and
hence tariffs was not a major contributor to posts.
• Surprisingly, very few posts were recorded about the
advertising campaigns for both Airtel and Vodafone.
• As far as network is concerned, both the brands fared equal
in the posts. Not many positive posts about network for
both Airtel and Vodafone.
Some Input from us
• if Vodafone could have used even fraction of their ad spend on these call
centres and training their employees
• Since most of the posts recorded on Social media platforms are complaints
and customer related issues, out of which maximum complaints are
negative, it is important that these posts get noticed and replied to as and
when they are posted.
• there were posts mentioning the lack of visibility of information on
Vodafone’s website. The website needs to be updated regularly and
information needs to be posted in a way that customers do not find it
difficult to search and understand what they are looking for.
• From all the social media channels under consideration it is observed that
Vodafone does not engage in customer communication readily, it’s presence
on these channels is more about addressing customer complaints.
• Also focus more on YouTube as well.