Use Film and Media to Promote Literacy for a
Build Collaborative Capacity among Librarians,
Educators & Media Professionals
Support Innovation in LIS Education
1. Providence Children’s Film Festival 2015 kickoff
2. Statewide series of film and media literacy
3. URI-GSLIS students help bring film and media
literacy to school and public libraries as part of
experiential learning coursework
4. National symposia aligned with 2016 Providence
Children’s Film Festival
5. Online resources support all program elements
• What could the national symposium look like?
• What could statewide training events look
• What could URI-GSLIS experiential learning in
• What resources should be showcased? What
new materials are needed?
• How do we attract attention to the national
conference and local events?
• What approaches to assessment could be
• How do we sustain momentum after the
funding is completed?
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.