1. HistoryEconomic Geography Current Opportunities Social & Population Pollitical History and Country Overview
2. Official name : People’s Republic of Bangladesh National flag Great meaning of these two color (Green & Red) National emblem Capital city : Dhaka Nationality : Bangladeshi Language : Bangla Name of currency : Taka (TK) Area : 147570 sq.km
3. Boundary: North - India West - India South - Bay of Bengal East - India and Myanmar
4. Muslim 90%, Hindu 9% & other 1%
5. HistoryEconomy Geography Current Opportunities Social & Population Political Geography and Natural Resources
6. Geographic -- Natural Resource Bangladesh Tea Bangladesh Tea Board: To regulate, control and promote the cultivation, sale and export of tea. Grows In Chittagong, Panchagar and Sylhet Districts
7. Geographic -- Natural ResourceOther Resources Arable Land Timber Coal Leather Gas Jute (Natural fiber) Bangladesh has been blessed with the favorable climate and the potentials to be the largest grower and exporter of the best quality jute, the golden fiber. This gives Bangladesh advantage over other jute growers anywhere in the world.
8. HistoryEconomy Geography Current Opportunities Social & Population Political Population and Demographics
9. Rank Country Population 1 World 6,706,993,152 2 China 1,330,044,544 3 India 1,147,995,904 4 European Union 491,018,683 5 United States 303,824,640• Population:153 million 6 Indonesia 237,512,352 7 Brazil 196,342,592• Population growth rate: 1.29% 8 Pakistan 172,800,048 9 Bangladesh 153,546,896• Population Density: 1,100.5 person/sq km … … … 22 Thailand 65,493,296• Life Expectancy: 63.21 years• Literacy Bangladesh Thailand U.S. Total Population 70.6% 92.6% 99%
10. HistoryEconomy Geography Current Opportunities Social & Population Political Political Environment
11. Independent Country (1971) Previously known as East Pakistan, the war for independence in 1971 brought about the establishment of People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
12. Current government President: Zillur Rahman. Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina.
13. HistoryEconomy Geography Current Opportunities Social & Population Political Economy
15. Exports: $13.97 billion Exports - commodities: garments, jute and jute goods, leather, frozen fish and seafood Exports - partners: US 23%, Germany 13%, UK 9.1%, France 5.5%, Belgium 4% Imports: $20.17 billion Imports - commodities: machinery and equipment, chemicals, iron and steel, textiles, foodstuffs, petroleum products, cement Imports - partners: China 15%, India 14.3%, Kuwait 8.3%, Singapore 6.2%, Hong Kong 4.2%
16. Royal Bengal Tiger - Our national animal Lives in the Sundarbans
17. The Water Lily(shapla) is thenational flower ofBangladesh. It isfound almost inevery water bodyin the country.
18. Wonders ofBangladesh…*The ci t y of Mosque.* Sunder bans – The l ar gest Mangr ovef or est .* Pahel a B shakh– Best nat i onal aif est i val* Sr i mongol , Syl het – Tea Spot* Mynam i - M at ost i m t ant B por uddhi stA cheol ogy. r* Pant hapat h, Dhaka –best shoppi ngspot
19. Amazing OfBangladesh:•9 Largest city of the world. Th•Jam una B i dge – 11t h Lar gest rB i dge r•Jamuna Fut ur e Par k- Lar gestShoppi ng M l i n A a al si•Cox’s Bazar - World’s Lar gestsea B each•R oyal Bengal - M est i c B aj easti n t he W l d. or•3r d Lar gest N i onal M at useum•The city of Mosque.
20. Rabindranath Tagore He got Nobel Prize in Literature 1913. (first non- European to be awarded the NobelPrize for Literature) Writerof thenational anthem of Bangladesh
21. Dr. Muhammad YunusFounder of Grameen Bank & micro-credit system.
22. PAHARPURThe biggest single and significantBuddhist vihara. Located inNatore, a small district innorthern part of country.
23. Cultures About the Colors of Bangladesh...Photographer: Mehdi Hasan,Mymensingh Medical College Postgraduate Student
24. The festivals of the Happiest NationFestivals play major role in every Culture! There are several festivals in Bangladesh; - which are full of Joy, Love and Unity……….
25. Bangladesh FOODS & Cakes:
26. Bangladesh FOODS & Cakes:
27. Photo Profile: Some of the Landscape Photography ofBangladesh
29. Photo Profile: <<< Bashundhara City (The Largest Shopping Mall in South Asia) ^ Apollo Hospital, Dhaka The 5th Largest hospital in South Asia
31. Photo Profile: <<< Boat transportation in Village ^ Potenga Beach, Chittagong
32. <<< The Shaheed Minar is a national Photo Profile: monument in Dhaka, Bangladesh, established to commemorate those killed during the Language Movement demonstrations of 1952.National Martyrs Memorial is a monument in Bangladesh. It is the symbol of thevalour and the sacrifice of those sacrifice their life in the Bangladesh LiberationWar of 1971, which brought the independence of Bangladesh from Pakistanirule.
33. Photo Profile: <<< Boat Race ^ Traditional Kite fight <<< Traditional Cow Fight