When looking at the distribution of media products, there are a number of points that need to be considered. Such as who will distribute it, the costs and timing . Big name istributos include, 20th century fox, universal pictures and warner brothers.
Many distribution companies only distribute certain film genres, as our film is a thriller, we need to make sure that the company we choose will accept to distribute thriller films. It will also benefit us if the company we pick, priorities thriller films above others as they will be more comfortable with our film, rather than using a distributer who is comfortable with all genres and may not be as good as companies that only distribute the one genre. The distributer we will be using is, new line cinema, we chose this company as it has distributed many films before, so it has the experince. Previous films it has distributed include: final destination 3, snakes on a plane and the blade trilogy.
Our film will have a wider audience as we based it on the film se7en which was released internationally and based in the US. because of the serial killer theme, it was very popular across the world, including Asia
1. TASK 2What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
2. WHAT IS DISTRIBUTION?The movement of one product/service to a multiple of otherlocationsBig name distributors• 20th century fox• Universal pictures• Warner brothers
3. TYPE OF FILMS• Our film genre: Thriller• Type of films the company have released before – are they likely to be interested in your film?• Distributer: new line cinema
4. AUDIENCES?• Distributed internationally to the US and Asia
5. MARKETING, RELEASE AND EXHIBITION• Marketing strategies• TV, newspaper, posters etc. advertisement• Release strategies• Goals• Marketing strategy