9. Sample CollectionTB screening is primarily via sputum collection. PPD not useful in patients over five yearsold because of prevalence of BCG vaccination.
10. Counseling AreaLay counselors enroll patients in VOICE trial.
11. Counseling Session For VOICE TrialVaginal gel with anti-viral agents. >30% signal in 600 patient Phase IIb with peri-coitaladministration. Sponsor wants daily dosing in Phase III. Quintiles is overseeing the PhaseIII study for Conrad Pharmaceuticals.
12. Study RegistrationFingerprint scanner eliminates possibility of co-enrollment (which was a problem with theVOICE Phase IIb trial).
14. Clinic-Based Data ManagementData-FAX system used.All HPP data sent toSHARPClinic has read-onlyaccess to OCRtranslated CRFs for QCFingerprint scannereliminates possibility ofunauthorized co-enrollment
15. Clinical Trial ManagementAudits by NIH and Quintiles
16. Caprisa ClinicOperations Infrastructure Clinic Video
17. The Medical SchoolMain Entrance
18. Medical School NeighborhoodLooking East Looking West
19. Medical School Facility - HHMRIHoward Hughes Medical Research Institute under construction. P3 lab will be included forTB research.
20. Medical School Facility FocusHIV and TBFacility Directory Detail
21. Medical School FacilityCaprisa Offices
22. Medical School FacilityReid and Salim Abdool Karim Slim’s Office Entrance
23. Medical School FacilityNews clipping display Bruce walker detail
24. Medical School FacilityBruce walker Lab corridor
25. HIV Pathogenesis ProgrammeHPP Entity Poster HPP Process Outline
26. Flow CytometryClinical FACS 4 wavelength FACS machineExpanded wavelength research FACS in same facility
27. All Positive Samples Frozen
28. Medical School Facility
29. Parallel TB ResearchStudy in-progress isevaluating the optimaltiming of co-delivery ofanti infective and antiviral agents in patientsinfected with HIV andTB
30. HPP Enabled StudiesSystematic tracking of patient cohorts in various HIV infection states allows for wide rangeof hypothesis testing