2. USING TECHNOLOGY• Assessment• Socrative is a program used togenerate questions for students torespond to. This can be used forquick exercise, exit tickets, quizzesand much more.• Communication• Edmodo is a network used by studentsteachers, parents, and administrators.The network allows communication suchas discussion boards, polls, and reminders.http://www.socrative.com/ http://www.edmodo.com/
3. SOCRATIVEWHAT IS IT? HOW DOES IT WORK?SIMPLE & SMARTSocrative is a smart student response systemthat empowers teachers by engaging theirclassrooms with a series of educationalexercises and games. Our apps are supersimple and take seconds to login. Socrative runson tablets, smartphones, and laptopshttp://www.socrative.com/how-it-works• Socrative can be used as formal orformative assessment.• Great for closures to check forunderstanding.
4. SOCRATIVEWHAT IS IT? HOW DOES IT WORKENGAGINGTeachers login through their device and select an activity whichcontrols the flow of questions and games. Students simply loginwith their device and interact real time with the content.ASSESSMENTStudent responses are visually represented for multiplechoice, true/false and Short Answer questions. For pre-planned activities a teacher can view reports online as agoogle spreadsheet or as an emailed Excel file.http://www.socrative.com/how-it-workshttp://www.socrative.com/how-it-works
5. LET’S GET STARTED WITH SOCRATIVE•Follow the link to a video clip below tosee more!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYURj1QU0Ls
6. SOCRATIVE•EnhancingInstruction• Provides check forunderstanding• Keeps students’ attention• Helps students practiceanswering questions in atraditional format•Meeting needs ofdiverse students• Great for differentlearning styles• Provides feedback tostudents as soon asthe studentcompletes theassignment
7. EDMODOTeachers can posthomework and outsideassignments in the fromof polls, quizzes or evenjust a note.
9. EDMODOTeachers monitortheir groups andcan allowstudents torespond to eachotherscomments.
10. EDMODO•Follow the link to a video clip below tosee more!!• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-KBwriCO-Q
11. EDMODO•Enhance instruction• Reinforces materiallearned in class• Allows a teacher togauge students priorknowledge throughpolls•Meeting needs ofdiverse students• Students can communicatewith their peers• Students can ask teachersquestions without beingembarrassed• Offers alternative assignments• Provides feedback tostudents
12. TEACHER SUPPORT•Each tool will be have a tech person(volunteer) that will assist teachers with tools•Professional development will be offered tofurther assist teachers.•Professional development will be centered onhow to used the tools to design curriculumbased instruction.