3. YOUNIVERSITYTV.COM <ul><li>YOUniversityTV is the first wholly integrated College Video Resource Community, which provides an interactive immersive virtual environment dedicated to colleges and all of those individuals wishing to discover more about them. YOUniversityTV is dedicated to promoting higher education by assisting students with the college-selection process by providing access to videos and educational resources for colleges around the U.S. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>In Other Words... </li></ul><ul><li>IT'S AN AWESOME SITE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT DIFFERENT COLLEGES! </li></ul>established in 2008
4. The benefit of YOUniversityTV.com to the classroom? <ul><ul><li>Promotes Higher Education by taking advantage of the digital era and Web 2.0 development </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Aids school counselors in facilitating college searches for students </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Allows students to share and connect with other college bound peers via videos and other resources </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Helps it users narrow down their options with the single click of a mouse </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Being a tool that provides insight on different career paths and expectations </li></ul></ul>
5. Setting up an account is easy... Fill in the login info, upload a photo, & PRESTO!
6. Only Glaring Dis advantage to use in the classroom Since YOUniversityTV.com is in it's BETA stage, sometime there are pop-ups that come up every once in a while. They are very few and appear to be non-threatening, but some schools may choose to block the site for this reason. YOUniversityTV.com should be out of beta stage by Spring 2010
7. And now the cool stuff you can do with YOUniversityTV.com!! Watch a video on what you can do with YOUniversityTV.com A snapshot of my interactive dorm room
8. Creation on the Fly! <ul><li> The website Aviary is an introductory media design website that hosts emulators and allows students to examine a plethora of options and opportunities to express themselves artistically. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li> The level of methods includes, but is not limited to expressions in music, design, photography, illustration, and video. The site offers unlimited entry level editing of photos, logos, web templates, filters, color palettes, screen captures, and even illustrations! </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul>
9. <ul><li>Log on to Aviary now to set up a account all you need is a email address! </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li> CLICK ME </li></ul>Set up a Account Today! It's Easy! <ul><li>FREE ACCOUNTS DAILY!!! </li></ul>
10. In the Classroom <ul><li>Features & Benefits </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul>• Advanced photo-editing far beyond Flickr! • Free online unlimited digital illustrations!
11. Feeling Frustrated... <ul><li>Knock down! Barriers! and relieve frustrations with Aviary's tools and tutorials! </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul>Tutorials Now Offered in all the following Applications! Phoenix: Image Editor Peacock: Effects Editor Raven : Digital Illustrator and many more!
12. Implications and Future Use... <ul><li>Aviary: The Learning Curve </li></ul><ul><li> The potential limitations of Aviary's emulators could be that there is some degree of a learning curve this far more than compensated with aviary's immense use of online video tutorials. Offering tutorials in every emulator they host it creates a great opportunity for those eager to learn the software, but do not know where to begin. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>Aviary: In the Classroom </li></ul><ul><li> And without a doubt Aviary could contribute vastly to the productive growth in a graphic design classroom. Further by immediately publishing the work as soon as it is saved to the web site it allows students the opportunity to meet artists much like themselves to communication, collaborate, and share ideas on a entirely new level! Further users are allowed to post comments on critique each others work thereby providing valuable feedback to students to improve their practice, skills, and strategies to create better more creative designs, photos, music, or even illustrations. The potential effects of Aviary has on the development of the artistic learner are limitless as it gives them a vast array of options to experiment with and express themselves. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul>"Don't end up like me...Join Aviary Today!"
13. www.picnik.com <ul><li>Picnik is a fast way to edit any photo that </li></ul><ul><li>you may have, right in your web browser! </li></ul><ul><li>Remember the days of using Adobe </li></ul><ul><li>Photoshop to edit your pictures? It took hours on end! Now with Picnik, you can edit your photos online and download them to your computer in just minutes! </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>This web tool not only edits photos! You can make collages and posters! You can use photos from your Flickr, Picassa, and Facebook accounts or take them right off your computer! </li></ul>
14. Setting up an account... <ul><li>Although an account is not needed for picnik, it is simple! Just go to the "register" button on the top left corner of the page. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>All you need to do </li></ul><ul><li>is create a </li></ul><ul><li>username and </li></ul><ul><li>password and have </li></ul><ul><li>a valid email </li></ul><ul><li>address. It is </li></ul><ul><li>that easy! </li></ul>
15. More than just editing! <ul><li>Picnik allows you to do more than just cropping, shadowing, removing red eye and changing the picture size. Picnik allows you to completely alter the way a picture looks. </li></ul>Here I was able to take a photo of my friends and turn it into a motivational photo. Imagine the possibilities for classroom posters!
16. Drawbacks to picnik... <ul><li>It is hard to find any problems with Picnik. It is one of the easiest online tools to use. If one had to be really picky, they could say that to use the coolest and most creative tools for Picnik, you need to purchase the "premium" service (vs the free service). However, with a little ingenuity, you can create cool pictures without upgrading to premium! </li></ul>
17. This program is great!!! <ul><li>There is no doubt I will keep using the Picnik program for a number of reasons: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>It is free </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>It is easy to use </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>It makes all my photos look cool and professionally altered </li></ul></ul>
18. Empower Learners Today!
19. Empower Learners Today! <ul><li>Join the Web 2.0 revolution before it's already gone! </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>"With Web 3.0 already emerging, it's difficult to find reliable web sites that truly promote the self empowerment of learners in the classroom. Luckily, thanks to Aviary, Picnik, and YouniversityTV.com, self empowerment in education is still a reality! The potential for their use is classroom is limitless as all three foster productive intellectual growth, promote creativity, and encourage simplicity in the interface of technology. Aviary and Picnik demonstrate how beneficial technology can be in the classroom by embracing the platforms of photography, illustration, and design. YouniversityTV.com gives insight of things to come in the world of college prep and also proves that it is never too early (or late), to jump on the education bandwagon! In closing, these are just a few creative Web 2.0 technologies that can be utilized to significantly enhance the overall classroom learning experience. " </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>Join the revolution! Join Web 2.0 today! </li></ul>