1. G.N Khalsa College BMM/BMMS Department A Project Report on Entrepreneurship &Mgmt. of Small &Medium Enterprises Women EntrepreneurSubmitted by-Harvinder Kaur Gupta Roll # 23 Prof Guide-Yogesh Kolhatkar
2. Women Entrepreneur Nita Ambani Chairperson of Dhirubhai Ambani International School (DAIS)
3. Acknowledgement Thank U Sir!!
4. Topics CoveredIntroduction-Women EntrepreneursAbout the Great PersonalityJourney to SuccessSocial workAbout Mumbai Indians(IPL)Challenges Faced while climbing the ladder
5. Women Entrepreneurs Meaning:- Personality differences between Men & Women:- Male vs. Female Entrepreneurs – A Comparison
6. About the Great PersonalityBorn on 1st Nov,1963Commerce Graduate from Narsee MonjeeCollege of Commerce & Economics, VileParle, Mumbai University.Qualifications-Teacher and Interior Designer
7. Personal Life :- Nita Ambani is married to Reliance Industries Limited’s chairman and CEO,Mukesh Ambani Together the couple has a daughter Isha, and two sons Anant and Akash.
8. Cont.... Career:- Nita Ambani has been associated with Dhirubhai Ambani International School since its inception in June 2003 She has also been heading the Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation which is a non-profit organization primarily devoted towards the promotion of education and health care services for the needy and under privileged in India. The first lady of Corporate India, an educationist, social worker and many more. Nita is a definition of calmness. Wife, mother and businesswoman, are some of the many roles that India’s first corporate lady perform 365 days a year. Nita Ambani co-owns the IPL team Mumbai Indians and has been an avid supporter of the team throughout its 20-20 tournaments.
9. Major Achievements & Awards Samaj Seva Vishwa Bhushan at the Bharat Nari Shakti awardfunction which was held on the International Women’s Day in 2005.She was awarded for:- Her leadership qualities, Selfless service andInnovative ideas,particularly in health careand education
10. Journey to SucessJamnagar Refinery Project:- It comprises of a petroleum refinery and associated petrochemical plants. The refinery is equipped to refine various types of crude oil and manufactures various grades of fuel from motor gasoline to Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF). Mukesh Ambani handed over the supervision work to Nita ambani. Spread over 415 acres, it was to house over 2,500 families of the refinery employees. There were schools to be built, gardens and parks to be conceptualised, shopping complexes and guest houses to be erected. Jamnagar township budget was roughly Rs 800 crore in 1997-98.
11. Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge Center Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City is a campus/technology park located on the Thane-Belapur Road, Koparkhairane in Navi Mumbai It is owned by Reliance India Group. It houses a 24 hour National Network Operations Centre (NNOC) along with more than 10,000 employees working primarily for Reliances Communications division. The campus has a huge artificial lake where migratory birds can be found at times. There are temples, fountains, medical facilities, parking lot for over 500 cars, and a helipad within the campus. DAKC is open round the clock since it also houses the call center for Reliance Communications.
12. Dhirubhai Ambani International School (DAIS)
13. Fast Facts about DAIS An LKG-12 school founded in 2003, Dhirubhai Ambani International School prepares students for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) examinations. The School is also a member of the Cambridge International Primary Programme (CIPP) The Schools overarching goal is to provide a unique experience that enables children to enjoy the learning process and bring out their full potential. The School strives to equip children to think and act critically, to be creative in their responses, to be able to engage with the forces of change, and to develop a strong awareness of their history and traditions as well as their place in the global context. The School believes that talented and dedicated teachers with national, linguistic and cultural diversity will play a central role in enhancing childrens learning outcomes. The School has over 190 teachers, administrative and support staff.
14. Conti.. DAIS students have taken up an initiative to construct houses and roads in Hassachipatti (a village near Matheran) and also provide educational opportunities for children there. To facilitate this project, students organized a fete in 2010 and raised substantial funds. Through another recent initiative, EVE (Empowering Villages Everywhere),DAIS students support villages where electricity is scarce by distributing solar lamps, besides assisting them in education and employment avenues.
15. Vision & Objectives Motto: Dare to Dream… Learn to Excel Vision: Providing educational experience that is world-class in every respect and which prepares children for global citizenship. We are a school with an Indian mind, an Indian heart and an Indian soul; a school that celebrates the culture of excellence and is an embodiment of values. The School’s vision is to provide a learning environment that encourages children to bring out the best in themselves and which supports their all-round development, through discovering the joy of learning, awakening and illuminating their intellect in multi-dimensional ways, and instilling abiding values in themselves.
16. Objectives: To make children be aware and appreciative of their history, culture and traditions, whilst being open to other cultures and alternative views of the world. To provide high-quality education that gives children the knowledge, skills and values as preparation to rise to the future challenges and to make the most of the opportunities ahead of them. To foster the development of the whole child and enrich learning in an exciting, inspiring, challenging and innovative environment. To encourage all children to develop the qualities of self- discipline, positive self-image, resourcefulness, teamwork and leadership. Finally, To provide a safe and secure environment in which each child can enjoy learning and achieve excellence.
17. Major Achievements of School Several reputable universities have offered scholarships to DAIS students, which include MIT, Cambridge, Stanford, Boston, Brown, Princeton, Yale, U-Penn, NYU-Stern, Connecticut, Cornell, Florida Tech, LSE, University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, McGill, University of Alberta and University of Hong Kong In 2006, DAIS received affiliation to THIMUN (The Hague International Model United Nations), a remarkable milestone as ours is the first school from India and the whole of South Asia to achieve this honor. School has received the prestigious Global Membership of Round Square in 2010. In 2010, DAIS received Associate Membership of NESA (Near East South Asia Council of Overseas Schools). With over 90 Member Schools, NESA works towards offering students the best possible education by promoting professional and personal links amongst educators
18. Social work Drishti:- Beauty lies in the eye of the giver Eyes are windows to the world and if our sight does not support us, we become visually challenged. Project Drishti, a nationwide corneal grafting drive has already restored the eyesight of 5000 people belonging to the underprivileged section of the society. This unique project is a joint venture of National Association of the Blind and Reliance Industries Limited and is led by Mrs. Nita Ambani. The main objective of this project is to give sight to the sightless from the poor section of the society at no cost. In less than four years time since it was started, Project Drishti has undertaken almost 5000 kerotoplasty surgeries.
19. “Education for All” This time the educationist and social worker in her have joined hands in reaching education to underprivileged and disadvantaged kids. Nita Ambani intends taking her cause to the masses This Project was promoted during IPL season 1 The Mumbai Indians were selling blue silicone wristbands signed by Tendulkar and other greats from the team that say ‘Education For All’. Every band sold was mean to some amount of money goes towards the NGOs Pratham, Ummeed, Akanksha, Teach For India and Nanhi Kali that do work in educating underprivileged children. Nita Ambani who believes that education is the key that unlocks the potential of every child says, “It’s a small and humble effort”. The sale of these ‘Education for All’ bands were also made available at all Reliance and Sahakari Bhandar stores in Maharashtra for the purpose of raising funds for the needy people.
20. Shared Knowledge through a Lecture at LSE Nita had also been to deliver her lecture at London School of Economics Nita delivered her speech on Modi PhD Fellowship Lecture on October 15 ,2010 and the session was chaired by eminent businessman Professor Lord Meghnand Desai. The topic on which she gave lecture were on Towards an Indian Renaissance: Building Institutions of Excellence‘ In her lecture, she emphasised on education, healthcare, harnessing and tapping emerging India’s many opportunities that lay hidden.
21. Nita Ambani – Co-owner, Mumbai Indians
22. A MUMBAI INDIANS INITIATIVE(NGOs and the inspirational work they are doing for the cause of education)
23. Challenges faced while climbing the ladder2 Major Challenges faced by Nita Ambani were:- Challenges faced in setting up the Dhirubhani Ambani International School (DAIS) The smartest bid to grab Kieron Pollard