2. Soil- Soil is a very important resource.- Without soil plants will not grow.- Many animals wouldn’t have places to live.
3. Soil is a mixture of many things. TinyWater Air pieces of Humus rock
4. HumusPart of soil that is made upof parts of dead plants and animals.
5. Layers of soil TopsoilHas lots of Humus. Many small animals live in it. SubsoilDoes not have lots of Humus,but it has small pieces of rock BedrockIt has no Humus. Made up of solid rock.
6. Types of soil- Soil can have differentcolors.- Soil can have differentsizes of rocks (grains)
7. Types of soil Sand soil Silt soil Clay soil Properties Size of particles Feel Gritty (coarse) Smooth Sticky(When wet) Not much air Air space Lots of air space Some air space space Passes fast Does not pass Water (Dry fast) Stays a while (Stays wet)