FinSvc companies are realizing that they need to understand the fundamental risk in their customer base.All of a bank’s working capital originals with customers.Being able to better predict fluctuations can help them optimize how to put that capital to work.
Much of the discussions about brands today happens in the social media.This not only impacts the companies perception but can have a direct influence on relationships with customers and the ability to sell.Hadoop is a natural solution for gathering and contextualizing discussions about company brands and products.
1. PROFIT FROM ALL OF YOUR DATAFebruary 2012Hadoop in the EnterpriseAdam Smieszny | Systems Engineer
8. CDH & Enterprise Ecosystem Drivers, language enhancements, testing File System Mount UI Framework SDK FUSE-DFS HUE HUE SDK Sqoop Workflow APACHE OOZIE Scheduling APACHE OOZIE Metadata APACHE HIVE frame- work, Languages / Compilers More adapters Data Integration APACHE PIG, APACHE HIVE Fast Read/Write coming… Access APACHE FLUME, APACHE SQOOP APACHE HBASE Coordination APACHE ZOOKEEPER Packaging, testing8
9. Hadoop / RDBMS Use Cases Create context Analyze unstructured data (classification, text mining) Parse, aggregate Analyze, report semi-structured data Active archival Analyze, report Long running queries structured dataSlide borrowed from Krishnan Parasuraman presentation at Enzee’11 9 Copyright 2011 Cloudera Inc. All rights reserved
12. Use Case: Customer Risk Build comprehensive data picture of customer side risk Publish a consolidated set of attributes for analysis Map ratings across products Parse and aggregate data from difference sources Credit and debit cards, product payments, deposits and savings Banking activity, browsing behavior, call logs, e-mails and chats Merge data into a single view A “fuzzy join” among data sources Structure and normalize attributes Sentiment analysis, pattern recognition12 Copyright 2010 Cloudera Inc. All rights reserved
13. Use Case: Sentiment Analysis Internet generates a lot of chatter about brands Understanding what’s being said is crucial to protecting brand value Facebook, Twitter generate a lot of data for a global top brand Capturing and Processing direct feedback Better engagement and alerting via Sentiment Analysis Not yet ready for fully automated customer service Hadoop handles the diverse data types and processing Sources of data changing and semantics continuously evolving Sophistication of algorithms is improving daily13 Copyright 2010 Cloudera Inc. All rights reserved