The Credit Union National Association (CUNA) issued a statement on Friday, April 26th, 2013 that a possible widespread Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack may take place on Tuesday, May 7th, 2013.
Despite the numerous warnings, CUNA has offered little advice on how to manage the situation and mitigate an attack.
Realizing the severity of the situation, RedZone has put together 5 practical ways to mitigate against a DDoS happening to you that was presented via GoToWebinar on Wednesday, May 1st, 2013.
The types of attacks we reviewed were:
1. Pure network attack against the credit union
2. Pure network attack against the ISP router
3. Content DDoS
4. DNS DDoS
5. Random Botnet attack
We also answered the following questions:
• What does it mean?
• What are your Zero day protection options?
• What to check on your security products?
• How to enable Global IP protection?
• How do I detect fraud communication in advance?
• What are some vendor product options?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.