Europe to speed spread of smart cities
• Share initiatives nad Smart Programmes
• European Programme of Smart Cities and Communities.
• Budget: 365 million euros
• European Commission Vice President Neelie Kroes said, "For
those of us living in cities, – we need to make sure they are
smart cities. Nothing else makes sense. And nothing else is
such a worldwide economic opportunity - so we need to
The need of normalization &
AENOR’s Committee of “Smart Cities”. CTN 178
Smart City Network (RECI)
The virtual city ecosystem
(cloud, big data…)
Highlights Spanish Digital Agenda
• Digital Economy:
• Ultra-high speed broadband (fix and mobile)
• Innovation Centres and Technology Hubs (Smart
Cities, Smart Destination…)
• Cloud computing (supply and demand’s programmes)
• Digital Inclusion and Employability
• Research & Development & Innovation
• Public Services:
• E-health: Chronic Illnesses, electronic prescriptions and
interoperable medical records
• E-Education: connectivity and digital content at schools
• E-Justice: electronic legal case file
• Smart Cities: infraestructure, plattforms, indicators and
business intelligence, open government
Budget Spanish Digital Agenda
• 1.3 billion € to fund R&D ICT projects (Internet of Things,
Cloud Computing, Big Data, Smart Cities).
• 200 million € to help internet providers.
• 135 million € to finance solutions in the cloud.
• 113 million € to support with loans the internationalization.
• 80 million € to support entrepreneurs.
• 59 million € in the area of cybersecurity.
• 37 million € to implement e-commerce solutions.
• 10 million € to create national technology hubs.
• Smartcities (upcomming… to be determined)