Restore iPhone 4
Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery
• “I have an iPhone 4 16 GB. Last night, I
attempted to update to iOS 6. I hadn't yet
completed the update. Anyway, in the process, I
received an error message that the update
couldn't be completed. Since then, the phone
has been stuck in recovery mode. When I
connect it to iTunes, the program recognizes it
as an iPhone in recovery mode that needs to be
restored. When I attempt the restoration, it
errors two-thirds of the way in, stalling at
"restoring iPhone firmware".
• This device has never been jail-broken. What in
the world has happened? Anyone knows how to
iPhone Recovery mode:
• Disconnect your iPhone and turn it off by holding the "Sleep/Wake" button for about five seconds and then sliding
the red slider. If your iPhone is already off, there's no need to turn it on and then off again.
• Once it's off, press and hold the "Home" button and plug your iPhone into a Mac or PC with iTunes installed.
• Keep holding the "Home" button until you see a dock cable pointing to the iTunes icon. iPhones running older
software will display a yellow triangle and text which says "Please Connect to iTunes". Once you see this image,
you can release the Home button.
• Open iTunes (if it's not already open) and you will be told that "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.“
• Click "OK" and you will be taken to the iPhone pane.
• Click "Restore" and you're done, it's that easy! Depending on the extent of your iPhone's ills, it may take some
time to do a full restore. Once you're done, you should again have a perfectly working iPhone.
• If this doesn't solve your problem, you may need to restore using a third-party tool. Tenorshare iPhone Data
Recovery is highly recommended by many iPhone users. Let’s see how to use it.
Mode 1: Restore iPhone Data Directly
from Device without iTune Backup
• 1. Connect your iPhone 4 with your PC then
choose the option “Recover Data from iOS
3. Scan your device through a communicating process
4. Preview your files in the left of the program.
Mode 2: Restore iPhone 4 Files from
• 1. Scan your iTunes backup file.
• 2. Preview your iPhone data in the preview
pane in the right side of the preview interface.
• 3. Recover your iPhone files with one click.
• 4. Specify a location for the recovered files to
complete the restoration.