Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
Preperation Audience Research
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

Preperation Audience Research

40
views

Published on


0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
40
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
2
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
1
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. Audience Research
  • 2. Looking at my completed questionnaires, I have asked a range of both male and female. Therefore, my magazine would be aimed at 50% male and 50% female.
  • 3. Out of the four people I asked, there was an age range of 16-25. The target audience I would aim for is then the teenage/ young adult age of 15-25. The median age for the audience of my questionnaire was 19.
  • 4. Looking at the different careers of parents, the social grade of my target audience would be ABC1 and also a vast percent of C2.
  • 5. Would you buy the same brand of magazines? Yes Maybe 75% of the people I questioned said they would buy the same brand questionnaire, although the other 25% said they might buy the same brand. This places my target audience of the music magazine in the psychographic profile of a ‘Belonger’.
  • 6. What articles would you read in a music magazine? new bands gig reviews facts on bands interviews 33% of the people questioned said that ‘I would like to read articles about new upcoming bands’. Another 33% said that they would particularly read gig reviews. 17% stated that they would like to read facts about different bands, and again another 17% said interviews were the main articles they would read. This gives my magazine a more varied idea of what pages the magazine would contain.
  • 7. What social networks do you use? Facebook Twitter Skype Tumblr 45% of the individuals use the social network ‘Facebook’. 33% use ‘Twitter’, 11% use ‘Skype’ and 11% use ‘Tumblr’. Along with the wide variety of social networks used, it shows that the individuals are influenced by the social network media.
  • 8. What is your current employment? Part time Full Time In Education Unemployed 33% of the people are working part time. 17% are working full time, and 50% are still in education. This shows that individuals in education are more likely to read my music magazine.
  • 9. On average, how many hours do you use the internet a day? 1-2 hours 2-3 hours 3-4 hours 4-5 hours Questioning this type of question can determine how much the media influences someone in particular, the internet. 50% use the internet 2-3 hours a day. 25% use the internet 3-4 hours a day and another 25% use the internet 4-5 hours a day. This gives my target audience an average between 2-5 hours a day use of the internet.
  • 10. How often do you visit the cinema? Never Once a month Twice a month Three times a month This is another type of question that can determine the media influence on the individual; this is through the use of films and the cinema. 25% only go once a month. 50% go twice a month and 25% go three times a month. This gives an average of people going twice a month. This shows that the target audience do not go out a great number.
  • 11. On average, what do you most spend your money on? DVD's Music CD's Food and Drink Clothes This type of question can determine how much they spend on items of the media. 25% buy music CD’s, 25% buy DVD’s, 25% buy food and drink and another 25% buy clothes. This shows that 50% of the individuals spent most their money on the media, e.g. CD’s and DVD’s.
  • 12. Per day, how long do you spend listening to music? 3-4 hours 4-5 hours This shows that 50% of the individuals asked spend 3-4 hours listening to music daily. Another 50% spent 4-5 hours of their day listening to music. This shows that they listen to their music a vast amount throughout the day and that music is a great part. The range is between 3-5 hours per day.