1. What is a Flipped Classroom ?• The instruction model where videos and othertools take place the direct instruction.• Using class time to work with the students on keylearning activities.- BRINGING THE WORLD TO YOUR STUDENTS -
2. What is not a Flipped Classroom ?• Just using the pre-recorded videos of LECTURING.• Just recording PASSIVE VIDEOS.• Doing the SAME THINGS inside and outside theclass.• A SYNONYM for online videos.• AN ONLINE COURSE.
3. What is important for an effectiveFlipped ELT Classroom?• Planning inside and outside• An effective LMS• Engaging videos• A good variety of Web 2.0 Tools• Engaging class-time activities
4. Implementation of Flipped Classroomin ELT
5. My Flipped ELT Classroom
6. My Flipped ELT Classroom• Videos before the lesson.• Quizzes every week.• Interactive Reading Activities every week.• Speaking activities every week.• Writing activities every week.• Integration of quality resources from manyweb sites.
7. What do students think about FlippedELT Classroom?
8. Recommendations for an effectiveFlipped Elt Classroom• Give information about the flipped classroommodel.• Add interactive components to the videos.• Add some hidden words to the videos.• Use the names of the students in the videos.• Use a variety of Web 2.0 tools.• Always open to suggestions from the students forchange.• Back up all the materials.
9. THANK YOUAsst. Prof. Dr. Ahmet BaşalYıldız Technical UniversityFaculty of EducationDepartment of Foreign Languages Educationabasal@firstname.lastname@example.orgBaşal, A., Flipped ELT Classroom, 3rd Black Sea ELT Conference Technology: A Bridge to LanguageLearning, 19 Mayıs Üniversitesi, Samsun, (2012)