AP Big Data Study 2013
Founder & CEO
Methodology & Demographic
• Online survey run over last 6 months across Asia-Pacific (>
80% are responses from Australia)
• Initially socialized with BigData interest groups in Australia
• Later circulated to 5000+ senior IT & business leaders across
Australia (courtesy of CeBIT)
• Broad coverage of Industry, company sizes
• Concentration of respondents with existing interest in
BigData or BI
• Survey questions can be viewed at www.biginsights.co/survey
• Majority do not understand the benefits of big data could bring their
• Majority do not have the adequate resources and skills to actively pursue
Big data initiatives
• Majority of business leaders believe it could help their firms understand
customer and business trends better
• Senior executives believe it helps improve decision making processes
• They believe extensive data can be mined from online websites, blogs, e-
commerce shops, data warehouse, and from social media platforms.
• Hadoop and NoSQL technologies to increase in adoption over next 2 years
What would be some of the top challenges your organisation
would face when it comes to Big Data?
What do you understand to be the top benefits that Big Data
solutions could provide your organisation?
What could be the top technology challenges your organisation
would face when implementing Big Data solutions?
What sources of data would you potentially include within
Further Information in full report
• What infrastructure would your company consider to run Big Data?
• Awareness and Perception of the Big Data vendors?
• Usage of Big Data technologies? (ie Hadoop, In Memory, NoSQL, CEP, Appliance)
• Usage of NoSQL Databases?
• Usage of Hadoop subprojects?
-Level, Size of organization, Industry etc
BigInsights Big Data Study 2013 – AUD $997.
(Includes 1 hour of research analyst time to discuss findings)
Please contact email@example.com to discuss purchasing report
BigInsights is an boutique research & advisory firm focused on Big Data
based in Australia. We are focused on helping enterprises, vendors &
• Best practices and ROI on using Big Data technologies for Customer and
• Emerging Use cases across industries such as FSI, Telecoms,
Manufacturing/Distribution/Retail and Social commerce
• Big Data technologies
• Business opportunity for Big Data technology creators
We do some of our own primary research but will provide our clients with
best insights from other leading sources.
• Research Reports
– BigData Study 2013
– Big Data Vendor Landscape (Available Oct/Nov 2013)
• BigData Discovery Workshop: Applications & Opportunities
• BigData Consulting Services
– Proof of Concept selection
– Business Case Development/ROI
– Technology choices & selection
– Project governance and review
• BigData Technology Vendor
– Custom Research
– Go to Market Services
– Whitepapers & webinar
• VC/PE Investors & Startups (in conjunction with Pacific Venture Advisors)
– Deal Audit/Advisory Board: Technology, market opportunity, Valuation, strategic Partnerships, executive team etc