1. 2012 Camp Card Sale Camp CardsThis is not your Normal Sale! Presented By Richard BensmanCouncil Camp Card Chair & Matt Spencer Your 2012 Camp Card Council Staff Advisor
2. 2012 Camp Card SaleWhat’s New?
3. So What Are We Selling?A great product with great discounts that are unique to the Coastal Empire Council Service Area! Plus Many other sponsors not listed here! (Sponsors subject to change) Value = hundreds of dollars per Camp Card
4. This Years Card
5. Camp Card Sale For 2012!• No More Broken Merchandise• No Storing of Product• No Financial Risk to Units• Great 50% Unit Commission!• Easy Sales – New Incentives this year!• Camp Card Value over $500.00 per card!• Most of the discount offers can be used over and over.
6. The Camp Card What is it and who can sell them?• Discount Card for 21 Retailers in the Coastal Empire Council.• 15 coupons can be used multiple times• Unless noted on Camp Card, Coupons not set to expire until next March 31, 2013.• Any BSA unit can sell the cards – Cub Scouts – Boy Scouts – Ventures – Explorers – Most outside groups (with Council approval)
7. Commission Rates this Year How Much? $2.50 per card50% of each Camp Card sold goes to the unit & 50% comes back to the Council
8. REVIEW OF THE SALE
9. Why should the customer BUY!• Boy in front of them is trying to achieve something – Go to Scout Camp – Go to Philmont/ Sea Base/Northern Tier High Adventure Base – Pay for Pack, Troop or Explorer supplies/activities – Pay for the National Jamboree in 2013
10. How is my buying this card going to help Council?• Brand NEW Scout Camp just south of Sylvania, GA. – Programs for Scouting youth in the area – Programs for at risk youth – Many facilities at camp still need to be funded – We are building a Camp for generations, please help
11. Steps to Camp Card “SUCCESS”!• Generate enthusiasm for the sale with parents, leaders, and Scouts.• Set a unit sales goal. Think of what the unit or Scouts may need in terms of equipment and program.• Host a unit Kick-off event to hand out Sales Kits and create excitement. Maintain excitement through weekly contact and encouragement.
12. Why Buy – Win, Win, Win• The Scout selling the card may get to go to camp, may get supplies such as a tent, or may help his Troop/Pack/Post/Crew support activities.• The BSA/ Coastal Empire Council will get needed funding to complete the new Camp• The Customer receives discounts from 21 retailers in the Coastal Empire Council who support Scouting values that will in turn save the customer hundreds of dollars. Value of card is over $500.00.
13. The Value of the Camp Card:Item Cost to attend Cards to sell Scout Handbook $10 4 cards Uniform Hat $13 5 cards Scout Pants $35 14cards Scout Rain jacket $45 18 cards Cub Day Camp $65 30cards Cub Resident Camp $185 74 cards Complete Scout Uniform $105 42 cards Winter Camp $160 64 cards Boy Scout Summer Camp $225 94 cards Sea Base (average trip costs) $1,200 480 cards Jamboree $1,300 520 cards Philmont (average trip costs) $1,800 720 cards Troop Trailer $5,000 2000 cards
14. How do you do it?• Use a combination of proven sales techniques.  Sell to family, friends, and neighbors.  Parents sell to co-workers  Show & Sell at local businesses with high traffic (call businesses and get permission to sell before selling)  One Day Blitz- Canvas local neighborhoods and communities
15. Unsold Camp Cards • Can We Return Unsold Cards and not be charged for them if we do so by the end of the sale? YES! • Will we be penalized if we do not return lost, stolen, unsold or misplaced cards? YES! You will be charged the $2.50 price for each unreturned cardNote: All prize selections will be final. All prize incentives will be delivered to your June Roundtables or can be picked up at the Scout Service Center
16. The One Day Sale Blitz Tips• Just what is the One Day Blitz? It is an organized way to increase your Camp Card Sales while making it go faster than ever before! And the kids have fun!• Here is why it works: – The average boy will spend around three hours selling during the entire sale time, even if the sale lasts for two or three months.
17. The One Day Sale Blitz Tips• With a One Day Blitz, the boys will spend about 4-6 hours selling, thus he will generate 2 to 3 times more what he would usually do and they will have fun spending time with their buddies.• That means, that your unit can generate 2 to 3 times what they have done in the past! Think what a Scout can sell if he does several Blitz Days?
18. The One Day Sale Blitz Tips• Here is what you do – Pick a Saturday during the sale that has the fewest conflicts, and is as close to a high volume traffic area as possible. – Sell at locations that have a Discount Coupon on the card. Get permission from the managers to sell outside their store before you sell. – Canvas familiar neighborhood and local communities to generate higher sales – Statistics show that approx. 80% of individuals who are asked to buy will say yes if Scout is in uniform and comes to their front door (results vary by community)
19. Example• Troop 400 Richmond Hill results 2011• January 8 2011 – 8 boys headed to Philmont stood outside Kroger • 4 hours - 1pm until 5pm • They sold cards and received donations of 1,319.00 • That was $41 per hour worked• The rest of the cards roughly took until March to Sell. We ended the sale making $1,083.98.
20. 2011 STATS• Stats for 2012 are changing everyday • Current as of 3/15/12
21. 2012SALES CALENDAR
22. Camp Card Money Turn-in DatesDistrict Early Bird Turn-in Final Turn-in Liberty May 31 June 15Tidelands May 31 June 15Ogeechee May 31 June 15
24. Incentives• Seller Incentives – Top selling Scout in each unit will receive a $5 Wal-Mart Gift Card. Each Scout Must sell a minimum of 25 cards to qualify. Cards will not be awarded until the unit has completely closed out their sale with the Scout office.• “Top Salesman Club”– Top three selling Scouts Council wide will be eligible for one of three prizes. Scouts Must sell a minimum of 50 cards to qualify. There will be three Council-wide winners. Unit Must close out their sale before June 15th so prizes can be awarded to the Scouts.• Absolutely NO combining of sales with other Scouts allowed.• Incentives will be awarded at the June Roundtables and or can be picked up at the Scout Shop. If a unit turns in money late it will not be counted towards the “Top Salesman Club”, and their unit’s incentives will be delayed along with cash prize winners.
25. Top Sales – Council Wide• Top Salesman – Receives an “Apple 32 GIG iTouch”• Second Place – Receives a “Kindle Fire”• Third Place – Receives a $100 Gift Card from Wal-Mart
26. Unit Incentives Any unit that sells 250 cards or more will be entered into a special $50 Coastal Empire Council Scout Shop Gift Card drawing. There will be 3 drawings council wide- one in each DistrictYour unit must have completely and successfully closed out their sale by June 15 to be eligible to win*.*(This means all unsold cards must be turned into the office and all monies need to be paid in full)
27. What’s next? March Unit Kick-off & Training and Office Contacts• Card order must be placed by March 15th or sooner by mail/e-mail or fax• We will be calling or emailing you with reminders to participate in the Camp Card Sale .• Questions about the sale? Call your DE or Beverly Hill at the Council Service Center – 912-927-7272• All forms and materials can be found on the Scout Web page @ www.bsasavannah.org• Emailemail@example.com. – Fax: 912-920-4030• Tidelands District –DE-Gavin Albury 912-713-8026• Ogeechee District- DE-Will Britt 912-687-1766• Liberty District- DE-Micah Donaldson 912-414-7649• Scoutreach- DE-Phillip Wright 912-713-9554• Exploring- DE-Barbara Foley 912-308-7892 All Cards will be distributed at the March 15th Council-wide Camp Card Kick-off and Unit Sales Training
28. t r Local District Volunteer i c t Contact Information C a r d Council Card Chairmen-Rick Bensman, firstname.lastname@example.org C h Tidelands District Card Chairman- Warren Williams, email@example.com a i r mOgeechee District Card Chairman-Tim Deloach, firstname.lastname@example.org a n - Liberty District Card Chairman- Paulette Parker, email@example.com e mExploring Division Card Chairman-Rhonda Bryant, firstname.lastname@example.org a i l Scoutreach Card Chairman- Eva Graham- 912-844-9155 (no email) , p a u l e t t e s e l l s L h i o b m