The Team Secretary And The Executive Pa Page 18Document Transcript
Employer Training Course Guide
SHORT AND ONE DAY COURSES
The Team Secretary The Executive PA
Overcome the unique difficulties that supporting a team can Attain the self management and team management skills to
present on a day to day basis. work effectively in the management team.
On completing the course, candidates will be able to: On completing the course, candidates will be able to:
• Understand their role and the attributes of a good team • Achieve organisational objectives by providing excellent
player, identify a strategy for agreeing the boundaries of administrative and secretarial support.
their role. • Build a successful partnership with their manager by sharing
• Assess their priorities to improve productivity. goals and ideas.
• Handle conflicts through negotiation. • Free time for the most important tasks through effective
• Keep track of tasks and manage their daily workload to
ensure deadlines are met. • Become a more effective contributor to the team by utilising
their decision making skills.
Who Should Attend?
Who Should Attend?
It is suitable for both experienced secretaries and
administrators whose role has changed and those who are Secretaries and PAs to directors and senior managers.
new to the role of acting as a secretary to a team.
Course Details • Expectations - the role of an Executive PA.
• The role of the team secretary.
• What is management?
• Handling conflict.
• Personal effectiveness - what is communication and why
• Managing time - setting priorities. does it fail, the power of behaviour (verbal and non verbal),
listening and questioning skills, achieving win-win solutions.
• Systems and procedures - managing paperwork (storage and
retrieval), keeping track of tasks and outstanding actions, • Time management.
using technology to help.
• Self development.
Call 01283 494496 www.burton-college.ac.uk
Lichfield Street, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 3RL.