Slide ObjectiveDescribe the strength of the Global Intelligence Network, which is truly a differentiator for Symantec. ScriptAt the heart of all of our products is the Symantec Global Intelligence Network. We are incredibly proud of this Network, and it just gets more and more powerful all the time.We have a 95% detection rate—that’s the highest of any security vendor—and the lowest number of false positives (0.0001%)The Network analyzes over 1.5 billion security alerts daily, validates approximately 5,000 as genuine security threats, and notifies customers of within 10 minutes of discoveryThis is, by far, the largest, most sophisticated intelligence network on the planet.It scans 30% of the world’s email traffic, processes over 8 billion email messages daily and gathers malicious code data from 130 million systemsThe Network updates every 5-10 Minutes from 240,000 Sensors In over 200 CountriesThere are more than 32,000 vulnerabilities in the Symantec vulnerability databaseThere are 2.5 million decoy accounts in the Symantec Probe NetworkThere are 4 Symantec Security Operations Centers located in Australia, UK, USA, IndiaThere are 11 Security Response Centers in the USA, Australia, Canada, India, China, IrelandWhat all of this means is that if there is a malicious attack about to hit you, we know about it first. We block it, we keep it from affecting your business, and we tell you how to take action. It’s about prioritized risk and response, and our intelligence network keeps you protected and tells you what to do first. There simply is no approach that’s faster or more thorough than ours. This Network is the main reason that 99% of the Fortune 500 & 1000 utilize our products. This is what makes all the difference between having security software and knowing that your information is protected 24/7.
Earlier today you heard about the different ways companies can take advantage of the cloud. These ways are Consume, Build, and Extend. <click to animate> For our simplification of IT discussion, we are going to focus on the Consume area of cloud services.
There are a few different form factors of public cloud including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. Each of these versions remove a layer of management that would normally have to be maintained in a on-premise IT environment.SaaS has the most simplified model of all three. You eliminate the management of the bottom three levels leaving you with just the information processes to manage. <click to animate value>This is why SaaS typically offers the most benefits in terms of simplifying an organizations IT responsibilities. Additionally, for companies looking to gain the benefits of the cloud, it is also why SaaS can be the easiest way to get started with the cloud.
We will show Symantec strength in the cloud ...Market LeadershipBroadest portfolioBrand & CredibilitySaaS expertise
Symantec.cloud can provide several benefits to your organization to help simplify your IT environment and IT responsibilities.IT is being tasked with more and the environments they manage are continuing to grow in complexity. Cloud services are one way to reduce that complexityCloud services have many form factors, but SaaS is one of the most simplistic because it reduces the most amount of management. Because of this, SaaS is an easy way to get started taking advantage of the cloud.Symantec has broad portfolio of services that can help assist you with your strategy. You can start by deploying just one application to get a feel for cloud services and then add on more SaaS solutions as they become a fit for your organization.Because SaaS services are simple to deploy, they are easy to test. With no hardware or management software to deploy, trials are easy so you can test and know if a SaaS solution will fit your organization.
1. Using Cloud-Based Services to Secure and Manage your Information John Abrena Director, Cloud Services - En Pointe TechnologiesPresentation Identifier Goes Here 1
2. Risk = Uncertainty that Matters
3. My Security Syllogism Information has value We protect things of value Therefore: We must protect information
4. Here is Proof
5. Security vs. Privacy PRIVACY WHAT (WHY) information needs to be protected SECURITY HOW to protect information
6. Bill BoniCISO, Motorola
7. Data BreachesThe Changing Threat Landscape
8. Global Intelligence Network Identifies more threats, takes action faster & minimizes impact Calgary, Alberta Dublin, Ireland Reading, England San Francisco, CA Alexandria, VA Tokyo, Japan Mountain View, CA Chengdu, China Austin, TX Culver City, CA Taipei, Taiwan Chennai, India Pune, India Sydney, AU Worldwide Coverage Global Scope and Scale 24x7 Event Logging Rapid DetectionAttack Activity Malware Intelligence Vulnerabilities Spam/Phishing• 240,000 sensors • 130M • 32,000+ vulnerabilities • 2.5M decoy accounts • 200+ countries client, server, gateways • 11,000 vendors • 8B+ email messages/day monitored • 72,000 technologies • 1B+ web requests/day • Global coverage Preemptive Security Alerts Information Protection Threat Triggered Actions
9. Internet Security Threat Report XIVOverarching Themes • Attackers are increasingly targeting end users by compromising high-traffic, trusted websites. • Attackers are moving their operations to regions with emerging Internet infrastructures and, in some instances, developing and maintaining their own service provisioning. • Cross-functional industry cooperation in the security community is becoming imperative.
10. Internet Security Threat Report XIVData Breach Trends Data Breaches Identities Exposed
11. Threat Agents Well-meaning Insiders Malicious Insiders Hackers and Cyber-Criminals
12. How we can help…….Presentation Identifier Goes Here 12
13. Symantec & The Cloud Consume Build ExtendSimplify IT with Symantec’s Cloud-Based Solutions
14. Consuming Public Clouds Services provided by a Virtual private and Services available single entity for that entity community cloud services to the general publicHigh Private Greater Greater financialControl ownership Hybrid and technical and control: leverage: both financial scale, but and technical Community also risk PublicLow Low Leverage High Simplify IT with Symantec’s Cloud-Based Solutions 14
15. Cloud Computing – Public Clouds Outcome/Value Process Software Platform SaaS InfrastructureSimplify IT with Symantec’s Cloud-Based Solutions 15
16. Benefits for Consuming Cloud Services Easy to deploy Easy to use No hardware or software $ Pay as you go Automatic updates Easy to scaleSimplify IT with Symantec’s Cloud-Based Solutions 16
17. Symantec Solutions Information Endpoint Security Availability • Endpoint Security.cloud • Enterprise Vault.cloud • Email Continuity • Backup Exec.cloud Consume Protocol Security Cloud Service • Email Security.cloud • Web Security.cloud • IM Security.cloud Authentication Security Incident & Event Management • VeriSign Identity Protection • Managed Security ServiceSimplify IT with Symantec’s Cloud-Based Solutions 17
18. Easy to deploy Pre-integrated apps No hardware or software 24/7 customer Automatic updates support Easy to scale Industry leading SLAs $ Pay as you go 100% protection against both known Easy to use & unknown virusesSimplify IT with Symantec’s Cloud-Based Solutions
19. years 11.0 11 million security services users Providing services in the cloud 100+ 55 thousand countries security services clientsSimplify IT with Symantec’s Cloud-Based Solutions 19
20. Final Thoughts on the Importance of Security• “Security” is essential to facilitate and preserve “privacy”• There are numerous ethical issues that must be addressed as we continue to evolve our information society. Some that transcend technology and some that are manifest as a result of technologyPresentation Identifier Goes Here 20
21. Closing Thoughts Cloud services can reduce the growing complexity of IT SaaS is an easy way to start taking advantage of the cloud Symantec’s portfolio of services can assist your SaaS strategy SaaS is simple, and easy to testSimplify IT with Symantec’s Cloud-Based Solutions 21