- Act 1 - Macbeth
- Act 2 - Lady Macbeth
- Act 3 - Banquo
- King Duncan
• Three witches planned to meet up with Macbeth who came back from a
battle with the rebellious thane of Cawdor.
• The three witches made a prediction of becoming the thane of Cawdor
and the king to Macbeth.
• King Duncan named Macbeth as the new thane of Cawdor.
• Macbeth found that the prediction came true and wondered if he will
become the king or not.
• He told his wife, Lady Macbeth, about the prediction. Lady Macbeth wants
Macbeth to follow his ambition.
• However, Macbeth decided not to kill King Duncan while he was dining in
• Macbeth saw a dagger floating in the hall
• He saw blood on the blade.
• Macbeth heard the bell toll and approached Duncan’s room.
• He decided to carry out the treasonous murder.
• Lady Macbeth became angry after noticing that her husband
has forgotten to leave the daggers.
• She returned the daggers to Duncan’s room.
• King Duncan’s body is found dead in his room, and the king’s
servants have found with the bloody daggers.
• Macbeth has made king by the other lords.
• After becoming the king, Macbeth found that Banquo is his
• He hired murderers to kill Banquo and Fleance, and he told
Lady Macbeth of his plan and told her to show kindness to
them in order to create a false sense of security.
• Banquo was murdered, but Fleance fled.
• After murdering Banquo, Macbeth saw Banquo’s ghost and
shouted out while he was having dinner with his guests.
• The dinner guests were confused. Lady Macbeth told them
not to worry.
• Macbeth shouted out again after the ghost reappears.
• The dinner guests were confused. Lady Macbeth
told them not to worry.
• Macbeth shouted out again after the ghost
• As Lady Macbeth told the guest to leave the room,
the ghost vanished.
• Knowing Macbeth will come, the three witches
decided to give him a false sense of security about
• Later, Banquo’s death had blamed on his son
Fleance, yet many nobles suspected Macbeth.
• Macduff had fled to England.
• At the beginning of the play, Macbeth is a
• Initially, he is the thane of Glamis.
• Macbeth becomes the thane of Cawdor after
he kills the rebellious thane of Cawdor.
• His ambition of replacing the king becomes
to grow after several of the witches’
prophecies come true.
• Macbeth’s ambition is achieved after he kills
King Duncan, and he finally becomes the
king of Scotland.
• Also, Macbeth hires murderers to kill Banquo
• Lady Macbeth is the wife of
• She is deeply ambitious woman
who is eager to gain power and
• Lady Macbeth wants her husband
to follow his own ambition which
is to kill the king.
• She finally feels guilt after the
• Banquo is one of the general in Scotland.
• He is Fleance’s father.
• According to the witches’ prophecy, his
children will inherit the throne of Scotland.
• Eventually, Banquo is killed, and his
son, Fleance, fled.
• The three witches tell the prophecy which they make to
Macbeth and Banquo.
• They are portrayed with a sense of unknown.
• They tell Macbeth that he will become the thane of Cawdor
and later become the king.
• Also, they tell Banquo that his descendant will inherit the
• In act 3, they work together with Hecate, the goddess of
witchcraft, and plan to make a hoax about Macbeth’s fate.
• Macduff is a Scottish noble
• He hostile to Macbeth’s throne.
• Later, he becomes the leader of the rebels
who does not want Macbeth to be the king.
• In Macduff’s perspective, Malcolm is the
person who should gain the throne.
• Macbeth’s ambition is influenced by the three
• Lady Macbeth is also influenced by the three
witches after her husband tells her about the
prophecy, and it eventually come true.