1. Start WalkingA good advice in order for you to begin: On the road towork, get off the bus earlier or leave your car little morefar and walk a little more OR still better, you use a walkmeter and measure the steps that you make daily.Benefits of walking: Walk is a very good way of exerciseand only that needs is a pair shoes! And if you want to seehow much steps you can make in one day, you hang inour walk meter and start! Remember to begin little bylittle - your objective is to increase your steps at 2000daily. And before you known you will reach the objectiveof 10.000 steps the day.2. Consume total milling foods
It is easier than that you believe - you change in thesandwich the white bread with bread of total milling andconsume bread rusks of total milling.Benefits of Total milling foods: Researches show thatthe persons with healthy heart tend to consume morefoods of total milling in the frame of balanced diet. Thereis a reason for this - the foods of total milling containcomplex carbohydrates and plant fibres that Helpmaintaining normal levels of blood sugar in the blood andassist in the regulation of your body weight. See also FastDiet.3. Buy more fruits and vegetablesMake sure that the fruits and the vegetables it is the firstthing that you shop when you buy foods. Thus you canbase your weekly dinners on fresh materials, while you donot forget to consume at least 5 portions of daily (400gr)fruits and vegetables.
Benefits of fruits and vegetables: All know that there isno magic trick in the consumption of correct foods - allhave to do with achieving a correct balance in what weeat. Fruits and vegetables - independent if it is for fresh,frozen, tin, and drained or juices - are full naturalcomponents which can help in the maintenance ofcardiovascular health.4. Eat more fruits and vegetablesTry bananas, strawberries and apples. Throw a bravequantity in your cereals or in your yoghurt for a healthydessert. You may even want to try the banana diet forbreakfast.Benefits of eating fruits and vegetables: Theconsumption of variety of fruits and vegetables is goodfor your heart. This happens because the different fruitsand vegetables contain different vitamins, metal
elements, plant components (included antioxydant) andplant fibres - all good!5. Do not be afraid to say “no” in certain obligationsDo not be afraid to say “no” in certain obligations-specifically if you feel that your day overwhelms you.And most important, realize when you need help ask for itBenefits of saying "NO" to obligations: Carried out bythe stress of the day can have an impact in yourcardiovascular health, specifically if you think some ofthe ways we use in order to cope with daily stress such assmoking, the consumption of unhygienic foods and thelack of exercise. You deserve the right to say NO if it isfor the benefit of you and of your heart - Learn how tocontrol stress and enjoy your life more.6. Increase your natural activityFind small occasions and breaks in the day in order toincrease your natural activity. For example do not use the
remote control, but instead try to walk to the tv each timeyou want to change the channel.Benefits of natural activity: In general, the more activeyour are in your life the better it helps in the maintenanceof your cardiovascular health. The exercise can help in thecontrol of arterial pressure, blood sugar levels andcholesterol in the blood, while it is easier to control andmaintain your normal and physiologic weight. Even theleast activity, as you raise itself each time where you wantto change the channel it can help your heart and giveimpulse in the circulation of blood.7. Skip the elevator.Begin walking for only 1 floor at the beginning andafterwards increase the floors.Benefits of not using elevators: Walking up the stairs isa marvellous aerobic exercise. This exercise makes your
heart function a little more and it minimises thepossibility of articulations.8. Exercise moreIf you are not a fun of gym or you havent exercised forsome time (or at all) then begin slow. Try to run for 1minute and then to walk for 1 minute. Repeat this circlefor as long as you can (perhaps for 10-20 minutes in thebeginning) and continue increasing.Benefits of exercise: The aerobic exercise, like running,intense walking (for a limited interval) increases thecardiac vibration, a fact that is very good for the health ofyour heart. Exercise increases the flow of blood andintensifies the operation of cardiac system. And whileyour heart is a muscle, as any other muscle, becomesbigger and more possible via the natural activity. Bigheart - a lot of love!9. Take small breaks for stretching
Find a excuse in order to come out from the office, usethe time to relax and strain your legs. Possibly you caninclude this exercise in the hour of lunch break - You canwalk to the bank, you can go on foot to receive the clothesfrom the dry cleaners or walk in the open air in order tobuy your newspaper or your favorite magazine.Benefits of stretching: When you find some time andstretch your body either by walking or otherwise then thisexercise is very good for your health and also very goodfor your heart. It can make your heart muscles stronger.10. Eat Low Fat productsIt is healthier to have vegetable margarine in your breador in your healthy snack than not to eat vegetablemargarine at all. Not all fat products are harmful - someof them are indeed good for your health. Select amargarine which includes polyunsaturated fat (low-hydrogenated fat) instead of butter.
Benefits of eating low fat food: Fat constitutes a sourceof energy which provides essential structural elements forthe cells of your body. Certain types of fat can maintainyour heart healthy. Thus, what is important is not only thequantity but also the type of fat that you consume.Polyunsaturated fatty products are good! This isunsaturated fats, which help maintain cardiovascularhealth and are in sunflower oil and margarines. See alsohealthy weight loss tips.11. Eat Fish twice a weekTry to eat two portions of fatty fish each week (fatty fishinclude mackerel, salmon, sardines, trout and perch) andselect a spread such as Becel which contains vegetableoils. The fatty fish containing omega 3, which is good formaintaining cardiovascular health.
Benefits of eating fish: Studies have shown thatconsumption of omega 3 fatty helps maintaincardiovascular health. And indeed there are two differenttypes of omega 3. One is an essential fatty which is invegetable oils,and the other is in fatty fish.12. Switch off your mobile phone 30 minutes per day!We know that there may be a challenge for some of you -but try to turn off your mobile phone for 30 minutes everyday. You can do this when you go back home after work.Youll see that it worth doing it!Benefit of switching off your mobile phone: You knowalready that stress can increase the risk for healthproblems such as high blood pressure,by disabling your phone (do not worry, its only for 30minutes) you can relax without interruptions. I do notdeserve it? Your heart, however, deserves - will be betterlong term.
13. Manage your shopping cartMake a list in advance and avoid to go shopping whenhungry, as you will be surprised by what may result inyour trolley! Try to buy enough fruits and vegetables.Benefits of managing your shopping cart: Often we canoverestimate how hungry we are. This sometimes leads usto buy foods that are high in fat or sugar (such as crispsand chocolate).Prepare a shopping list for you and plan healthy choicesand stick to them. So this favour for your wallet and yourdiet and make your shopping list in advance.14. Exercise with FriendsFind a friend to exercise together. A friend can lead youto achieve your goals. Also, to go to the gym is a socialactivity!
Benefit of exercising with friends: To have a friend toexercise with will help you have a motive. Lets face it - ifhe/she goes to the gym and you do not go, likely you willfeel a little guilty. While when you go along, there will bea little healthy competition.It is also a good idea to set common goals - for example«If we go to gym three times this week, we can relax theweekend».15. Reward your self for your healthy habitsAfter you make all these changes, you can relax withcertain simple enjoyments. Make a hot bubble-bath, orbuy a new CD to listen or spoil yourself with a massage.Benefit of rewarding your self: You have adoptedcertain healthy habits, which your heart will appreciate.Therefore, you are eligible for a remuneration for yourhard work. And hope that they were not as bad as youbelieved. Looking after your health care can be easy,
entertaitaining and relaxing. You dont feel already thelove?16. Focus on fiber.When shopping this week put a lot of oats, legumes(beans, lentils and chickpeas), total cereal milling withoutadded sugar, total milling and bread fruit and vegetables.Benefits of having fiber as part of your diet: Fiber hasmany advantages for health - as many people know isvery good for combating constipation.But this is just one advantage to health by integratingsolvents (oats, pulses, fruits and vegetables) andinsoluble, total milling foods in your diet. There are manymore advantages - the fiber can help reduce bloodcholesterol levels and control blood glucose levels.Make sure that you drink enough water - in order for the
fiber to be used by your body they should be hydrated.You can also try fasting.17. Explore your challengesIf you like challenges, it is perhaps time that you makeyour exercise most interesting. Take dance lessons, tryfencing or go hiking.Benefit of new challenges: Simply because the variety isthe salt in our life!The variety in exercise prevents boredom - there is a limitto how many times can you like the abdominal exercises.To do something different also helps avoid or delayingcoming to a quagmire in the performance and results fromthe exercise.18. Cooking in the grill!
Try cooking using the grill! Try chicken, turkey, fish orvegetables. And for something slightly exotic - improviseand let your imagination free.Benefits of cooking in the grill: Cooking on the grill is avery healthy way of cooking and is also very easy! Whenfood is cooked, it retains most nutrients and allows any fatto leave, leaving a healthy meal without lossing its taste.If you want to be even healthier, select non fat sliced meatand remove any visible fat - that can help reduce saturatedfat.And for dessert, why not try bananas? Bake a ripe bananaand then served it with a few balls frozen low-fat yogurt.19. RelaxMake sure that you find some time during the day to relaxand enjoy yourselft. It could be a walk round the park orsimply relaxing and reading a book or magazine.
Benefit of relaxing: Its not only the well balanced dietand the exercise that contributes in the cardiovascularhealth - the maintenance of stress under control is alsoimportant. Therefore, when you feel stressed, rememberthat your heart feels the same.20. LaughFind something that makes you laugh and deal more withthis! Watch a comedy theatre, rent a comedy film or meetwith friends.Benefits of laughing: Somebody said that the laughter isthe better medicine. You feel good with your self -relaxing with friends, or seeing funny films - it can surehelp you relax, and thus decreasing your levels of stress.Subscribe to our RSS Feed to get new articles deliveredto you21. Increase the levels of natural exercise
Try to do little exercises during the day. Do not worry, itis not as difficult as it sounds. For example, use theshopping bags to work out your bisepts or stand on thenose of your feet while you wait in a queue.Benefit of natural exercise: Even the smaller things thatyou make measure for the maintenance of cardiovascularhealth. You exceedingly use what you have - that is to sayyou use what exists around you in order for you toexercise - it constitutes an intelligent approach for ahealthier way of life, without spending a lot of time andmoney.22. Reduce the consumption of alcoholTry to reduce the consumption of alcohol. It is also a goodidea that you keep a couple of days per week with outconsuming any alchocol. Good alternative solutions arefruit juices, or soda.
Benefit of not consuming large quantities of alcohol:We do not like to be the messengers of bad news, butalcohol actually it contains a lot of calories. The goodnews is that if you moderate the quantity that you drink,you can help in maintaining your physiologic weight,which is good for your heart. Your objective should be:maximum 3-4 units daily for men and 2-3 units daily forwomen (1 unit counterbalances with a glass of regularbeer, 1 measure of drink or 1 regular glass wine). Moreconsumption of alchohol per day can lead to a drinkingproblem.23. Reduce the consumption of saturated fatTurn your back on your saturated fat this week. So, friedand fatty foods such as animal butter, cheese, red meatand sweets should be minimised. Instead, replace animalbutter with vegetable soft margarines, and products withlower or reduced fat.
Benefit of not consuming saturated fat foods: Whenyour diet contains foods with excessive amounts ofsaturated fat and calories, you run the risk of getting extraweight. Being overweight puts an extra charge on yourheart, which leads to high blood pressure.By choosing foods with lower fat, which are not high insaturated fat is good for your diet, and also it makes yourheart very happy. See Also weight loss pills.24. Begin dance!Latin, modern or traditional dances, classic, or belly-dancing ! Anything that you like better. You do not evenneed to leave home - just put some music on and start tomove.Benefits of dancing: Dancing is a very good way tostrengthen your heart and improve your physical form.You do not even feel like exercing because it is so muchamusing! So, if you like dancing, go to a cultural club,
gym or dancing school in your neighborhood and findsomething you like. Before you will understand it youwill master the dance floor and at the same time you takegood care of your heart.25. SnacksThink smart when it comes to snacks. Good food for asnack are nuts and seeds and almonds (unsalted). On theother hand, fresh or dried fruits are a good substitute forbiscuits or cakes.Benefits of not eating un-healthy snacks:Most of us arevery good when they need to eat healthily. But oftenwhen its the time for a snack it is very difficult to resist tofoods that we know they are not too good for us.Sometimes eating "bad food" is not catastrophic, but ifyou do it regularly then you should look at more healthyalternatives such as dried fruits which contain good fats.
Attention, however, do not consume more than a handfula day, because they contain many calories.26.Combine creativity and physical activityExplore your artistic side while walking. Take a camerawith you and take a photo of everything there is aroundyou.To go for a walk and find some spare time is a very goodway to move your feet and make your heart work better.The physical activity such as walking makes the heartmuscle stronger. And the more powerful and big is yourheart, the more slowly must work to efficiently circulateyour body.The combination of your creative side with little physicalactivity may encourage you to walk a mile more for agood reception!27. Reduce the consumption of caffeine
Want a cup of coffee? We not try a more healthy version?Perhaps try green tea, which is delicious, or you mightprefer a tea with fruit, or with lemon and honey.We all want something help us keep up during the dayand most of the times this is coffee, which containscaffeine. However, we must be careful how we consumecaffeine. The high intake of caffeine may contribute toincreased blood pressure.The herbal infusions (such as chamomile) help inrelaxing, both for you and for your heart, while green teacontains antioxidants that are also good for your heart.28. YogaIf you have not ever tried yoga, is perhaps the best time tostart. There are many different types of yoga to choose,depending on how fit and flexible you are.Benefits of Yoga: Yoga combines meditation andphysical integration, constituting physical activity you can
do regularly in the comfort of your home. In particular,yoga is a good way to get rid of stress, and focusedbreathing. And we all know that learning to relax and tocontrol the level of stress not only helps us to enjoy lifemore, but it is better for our hearts long term.29. Herbs and not saltTry herbs. Rather than put salt, why not use fresh herbsfor extra flavour?Too much salt in your diet is not good - linked to highblood pressure. Choosing foods low in salt or another«tasty alternative» do good in your heart.Foods you should be carefull about are: bread, cannedsoups, sausages, corn and sausage bif.So start to experiment with herbs in cooking. Here aresome helpful tips:• Royal fits perfectly with tomatoes
• Oregano gives strong taste in the sauce for pizzaGood cooking!30. Celebrate!!!You have reached in very good point and remember, evenif you have not followed the all advices, you have madethe best you could. And as we all know the slightestcounts for a healthy heart.Making changes in our lives is not easy. We should tryand do some changes if this can reduce the age of yourheart.So go out with your friends or simply do a littlecelebration for yourself. Go shopping, buy yourself a giftor make a small party at home.And do not forget: the care of your heart does not stophere, so remember if you love your heart it will love youtoo!
1. Begin your day with a glass of luke warm water.2. Drink atleast 8 glasses of water in a day.3. Include atleast two vegetables and a fruit type in your diet.4. Eat sprouted beans as snacks atleast once in a+ day.5. Eat green vegetables salad before your mid-day meal.6. Eat fresh vegetables.7. Eat just vegetables in the morning atleast thrice a week. Let lunch be the first heavy meal of he day.8. Avoid refrigerated or frozen foods. Eat foods hot.9. Eat green vegetables and yellow colored fruits daily.10. Fasting once in a week is good for health. Drink only fresh juices while fasting. Begin with vegetable juice in the morning.11. Replace tea and coffe with fresh juices.12. If possible avoid using soda, coke and health/energy drinks.13. Avoid eating fat fried foods.14. Limit the consumption of ice creams and other baked products.15. Never skip any meals. Even if you are fasting make sure you drink juices to compensate the energy loss.16. Select food items rich in fiber content.17. Moderate the intake of sugar and salt.18. Wash the vegetables well in running cold water before cutting.
19. Steam or cook the vegetables.20. Cook the vegetables like cucumber, potatoes and tomatoes with their skin intact.21. Calculate the amount of fat in your food.22. Eat your food slowly and enjoy them.23. Prepare each dish and enjoy the taste while eating.24. Learn to calculate the nutrient content in your food.25. Select good and fresh vegetables.26. Control your moods in order to control the food intake. While in depression it is normal to develop a passion for sweets or chocolates. Substitute this appetite with a fresh fruit juice.27. Avoid chips or snacks while watching. You may eat popcorn instead.28. While eating concentrate only on food.29. Try to eat along with your family.30. Stop when you feel your stomach filled.31. Avoid smoking cigerette.32. Control alcohol consumption.33. Learn to sleep well.34. Select an exercise model that suits you and starting training. If you like practise yoga daily.35. Walk for atleast 20 minutes daily.36. Involve yourself in atleast 10 minutes of streching exercises.
37. In the office avoid lifts and prefer stairs.38. Meditate for atleast 10 minutes a day.39. Stay calm while concentrating on your breath. Breathe in and out slowly.40. Relax all your muscles.41. Find and allocate time for prayer.42. Laugh is a medicine for good health. Find some time for fun.43. Rejuvenate all your inner senses and try to savour as much energy as you can.44. Balance your work and fun time.45. Find time to spend with your children.46. Meet your friends and find time to travel.47. Listen to some music during the day.48. Share the details of your illness ( if any ) with your family. Participate them in your program to reduce cholestrol.49. Read books that are informative in contents.50. Understand that you have the ability to select the changes in your life and believe you can do it.