2. Objective Find the Answer of fallowing• What is Android ?• Android Architecture ?• Development Tools ?• Basic building Block of Android Applicaton ?• Hello World Application.
3. What is Android ?• Android is a Software platform for mobile devices.• Based on Linux operation system• Develop by Google and (OHA)
4. Version history• Android 1.0(Beta)-5 November 2007• Android 1.0-23 September 2008• Android 1.1- 9 February 2009• Android 1.5 Cupcake-30 April 2009• Android 1.6 Donut-15 September 2009• Android 2.0/2.1 Éclair-26 October 2009• Android 2.2.x Froyo-20 May 2010• Android 2.3.x Gingerbread-6 December 2010• Android 3.x Honeycomb-22 February 2011• Android 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich-19 October 2011• Android 4.1/4.2 Jelly Bean-27 June 2012*
5. Android Features• Application Framework• Dalvik virtual machine• Integrated (webkit) browser• 2D and 3D graphics APIs with HW• SQLite• Video and audio codecs• Bluetooth, EDGE, 3G, and WiFi• Camera, GPS, compass, and accelerometer
6. Android Architecture
7. Development Tools•Java•Android SDK•Eclipse IDE (optional)
8. Basic building Block of Android Applicaton• Activities-An activity is usually a single screen that the user sees• Intents-Intents are messages that are sent among major building blocks• Services-Services run in the background and don’t have any user interface components.• Content Providers-Content Providers are interfaces for sharing data between applications.• Broadcast Receivers-Global event events SMS arrives, or call comes in, or battery runs low etc..