Auto 101, Audio/video 109, Furniture 102, Clothing store 102, Sporting Goods 117, Toy Store 112
1. Atlanta is a significant Hispanic market! <ul><li>Rapid growth </li></ul><ul><li>Tremendous buying power </li></ul><ul><li>Attractive demographic group </li></ul><ul><li>Active shoppers </li></ul>
2. Atlanta’s Growing Hispanic Population 6.4% 9.1% 11.1% 9.6% Base: Hispanic adults in MundoHispanico’s distribution area Source: DemographicsNow.com 12.2% The Hispanic population is projected to 23% over the next 5 years in MundoHispanico’s distribution area.
3. Hispanic Buying Power is Increasing in the Atlanta Metro America is undergoing its most profound demographic and cultural change … ever. The Hispanic consumer has an unprecedented amount of purchasing power. Atlanta CBSA: Hispanic Buying Power 386% projected growth from 2000 to 2012! Source: Selig Center for Economic Growth, Terry College of Business, The Univ. of GA
4. Hispanic’s Average Income Has Increased 28% Source: Scarborough Research, Inc. (double-based data releases for 2006-2007 Release 2 versus 2008-2009 Release 2). Base: All adults or Hispanic adults, respectively, in MundoHispanico’s 2010 distribution area
5. Hispanic Population by County (counties based on Mundo’s distribution area; report sorted by current 2009 Hispanic population) Base: Hispanic adults in MundoHispanico’s distribution area Source: DemographicsNow.com County 2009 Hispanic Population 2009 % Share of County 2014 Hispanic Population 2014 % Share of County Gwinnett County 144,949 18% 181,352 20% Fulton County 86,644 8% 104,008 9% Cobb County 83,965 12% 99,851 13% DeKalb County 78,257 10% 90,501 11% Hall County 50,970 26% 62,981 28% Clayton County 31,798 12% 36,219 13% Cherokee County 20,146 9% 26,242 10% Forsyth County 14,489 8% 18,945 9% Henry County 11,292 6% 16,464 7% Clarke County 10,855 9% 13,011 11% Douglas County 9,057 7% 13,607 9% Rockdale County 8,669 10% 11,110 12% Coweta County 7,387 6% 9,733 7% Barrow County 6,179 8% 9,253 10% Carroll County 6,170 5% 8,529 6% Habersham County 5,006 11% 5,921 12% Fayette County 4,559 4% 5,473 5% Oconee County 1,127 3% 1,167 3% Banks County 679 4% 712 4% Grand Total 582,198 11% 715,079 12%
6. Atlanta Hispanic profile Market Hispanics Age: 18 to 44 55% 87% Average age 43.7 32.8 years U.S. residency: Born outside U.S. n/a 68% Avg. time in U.S. * n/a 11.2 years (avg.) Household income: $50,000 or more 64% 46% $75,000 or more 47% 30% Average HH income $93,524 $74,292 Other: Large households: 3.8 4.2 members (avg.) Prefer to speak Spanish* n/a 62% <ul><li>Atlanta Hispanics </li></ul><ul><ul><li>young </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>establishing roots </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>large households </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>prefer Spanish </li></ul></ul>Base: Hispanic adults in MundoHispanico’s distribution area Source: Scarborough Research, Inc. (2008 & 2009, Release 2)
7. Atlanta Hispanics: retail shopping Stores shopped (past 3 months): Clothing Store 90% Bookstore 54% Home accessory store 52% Music/video store 48% Office supply/service store 48% Sporting goods store 44% Toy store 41% Base: Hispanic adults in MundoHispanico’s distribution area Source: Scarborough Research, Inc. (2008 & 2009, Release 2) Stores shopped (past 12 months): Hardware/paint/lawn/garden 74% Automotive supplies 72% Audio/video 65% Furniture / Mattress 50% Large appliance 28% Carpet 20%
8. MundoHisp á nico - The Company NAHP Awards 2009 Gold Award for Outstanding Yellow Pages. Gold for Outstanding Political Article Gold for Outstanding Cultural Article Gold for Outstanding Business Article Gold for Outstanding Sports Photo Gold for Outstanding Editorial Cartoon Silver for Outstanding Series of articles on the same topic NAHP Awards 2008 Silver Award for Outstanding Yellow Pages Bronze Award for Outstanding Weekly Gold for Written Word-Editorial Column Gold and Silver for Best Cartoon Strip Reporters Silver for Community Service/Health Article NAHP – National Assoc. of Hispanic Publishers
9. Portfolio of Products <ul><li>MundoHispánico </li></ul><ul><li>Published Thursdays (R eadership: 200,000+) </li></ul><ul><li>Largest distribution in Georgia: 71,500 </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Audited by CVC </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Pagínas Amarillas de MundoHispánico </li></ul><ul><li>Atlanta’s most complete Spanish guide for the Hispanic </li></ul><ul><li>community reaches 120,000 households and businesses yearly. </li></ul><ul><li>Padres & Hijos </li></ul><ul><li>Atlanta’s first magazine for Hispanic Parents. </li></ul><ul><li>www.mundohispanico.com </li></ul><ul><li>Atlanta’s Hispanic link online </li></ul>Source: Mundo CVC Audit, 2008
10. MundoHispánico Newspaper <ul><ul><li>Celebrating 30 years as Greater Atlanta’s leading Spanish-language newspaper, MundoHispánico has been a strong leader, a stable community partner and a vital presence in Georgia’s metropolitan area. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Publishes 71,500 copies every Thursday </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Average readership of 200,000 </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>79% of readers have purchased a product or service from ads seen in MundoHispanico </li></ul></ul>Source: Mundo CVC Audit, 2008
11. 72% of Georgia Hispanics Live in Counties where MundoHispánico is Distributed Fayette
12. MundoHispánico Reader Profile <ul><ul><li>74% are age 18 to 44. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>61% have household incomes $75K+ </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>40% keep MundoHispánico for 5 days or longer </li></ul></ul>79% frequently purchase products seen advertised in MundoHispánico Source: Mundo CVC Audit, 2008
13. Paginas Amarillas Yellow Pages de MundoHispánico Atlanta’s most trusted & oldest Spanish language award-winning directory has served businesses and the Hispanic community for 20 years. Paginas Amarillas - the only independently audited Spanish language Yellow Pages in Atlanta - puts your business in touch with consumers that are ready to make a purchase. Its a tool that works 24 hours a day and will help your business grow 365 days a year. Next Publication date – January 2011 120,000 copies <ul><li>Winner Outstanding Yellow Pages Gold Medal </li></ul><ul><ul><li>~ NAHP 2009 Jose Marti Awards </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Audited by CVC </li></ul>
14. Padres & Hijos Padres & Hijos is the first magazine for Hispanic parents in Atlanta targeted to Latino parents of children 12 years old and younger. With a distribution of 30,000 in the Atlanta metro, businesses can reach one of Atlanta’s fastest growing segments –young, family-oriented Hispanics. 61% of Latino households have children 52% of them have children younger than 12 years of age. Our mission: provide Hispanic parents the information and resources they need to succeed as parents.