1. A Bit About Me:Why You Should Hire Me toWork for CA Technologies
2. 1Meet the Author:Ross Andrew Simons My profession is that of a digital marketer. I’m fascinated by the ways in which marketing can help a business compete in the marketplace. The marketing world is an ever-evolving profession under constant reinvention and improvement. It is not only my profession, but my passion. I look forward to remaining a part of the digital marketing world, particularly as it undergoes this period of assetization through development of innovative marketing automation technology. I have a variety of experience, in both tech and marketing, and am excited to combine both to make my mark.
3. 2CONTENTS:03 Why CA Technologies?06 What I’ve Done.09 What I Bring To The Table.14 What Others Say About Me.19 What About Outside of Work?
4. 3CHAPTER 1:WHY CATECHNOLOGIES?
5. 4 The short answer:Seth Godin says thatcompanies shouldultimately strive to beremarkable. CATechnologies is aremarkable company.
6. 5 The long answer:It’s clear that CATechnologies is anextremely successfulcompany with a happy, andextensive, client list. Thesystems it offers help totransform businessprocesses and make themdramatically more efficient.Even more importantly, thissuccess is driven by thestrength and motivation oftheir employees. With greattalent managementpractices, they insure theirsuccess—now and in thefuture.
7. 6CHAPTER 2:WHAT I’VEDONE.
8. 8 Erwin Erwin Penland is a subsidiary agency of Hill Holliday operatingPenland out of Greenville, SC. They have a proven success record and have clients such as GM, Verizon, Lockheed Martin, and more. They have an innovative digital systems department that develops marketing automation software. While at Erwin Penland, I worked as a digital systems and account planning intern: Performed regular usability testing of various proprietary software. Assisted in the initial stages of the user experience strategy for an in-development automation offering. Developed full-scale campaigns and business model reinventions for potential future new business pitches to clients and prospects.
9. 7 SETTER SETTER Advertising is a tiny agency of two very experienced co-Advertising founders, six full-time employees, and a small network of contractors. They are a full-service agency but have found themselves naturally shifting to specializing in digital and inbound marketing. Despite this specialization, they found that they were not “drinking their own kool-aid”, so to speak. They needed someone to come in and create content to position them as experts in the inbound marketing space. That’s where I come in. Given full responsibility of the campaign, I develop and manage content calendars and create high- quality keyword-rich content. Great post…not only are you populating our blog, but you are teaching me a ton! -Tim Lipsky: Co-Founder
10. 8 Hill Hill Holliday is a large advertising agency located in the financialHolliday district of Boston. It’s one of the best agencies around and their clients range from Dunkin’ Donuts and Verizon to Liberty Mutual Insurance and Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare. During my time there, I worked as a social media strategy intern. In this role I: Developed content for Liberty Mutual’s Coach of the Year blog Wrote weekly social media posts Analyzed the performance of Liberty Mutual’s Twitter properties using social media engagement metrics Identified key bloggers and obtained contact information for a PR outreach campaign
11. 9CHAPTER 3:WHAT I BRINGTO THE TABLE.
12. Experienced 10 In addition to being a graduate of a self-taught inbound marketing university, I also have experience in content marketing, social media, marketing automation and extensive academic project work—including a full-scale digital marketing plan for Gap, Inc.Get It Done Simply put, I put in the hours and effort needed to get something done. I take serious pride in my results, so you can count on me to do what it takes to make sure the final product is the best it can be. I’ve stayed up all night on a project many times before, and I’ll do it again in a heartbeat.
13. Analysis 11 While being creative, I’m also extremely data-driven. What is marketing truly worth if you can’t measure it? Campaigns should be tracked, measured, and changed based on your constant analysis. I’m versed in analytics, and can easily understand current tools I do not know.Curiosity They say “curiosity killed the cat”, but it’s only benefited me. Want to know the main reason I get so little sleep? Because I go to bed at midnight, but end up staying up another three hours reading articles. I’m constantly seeking out new information and subject matter in the never-ending quest to learn everything there is to know.
14. Learning 12 I’ve worn a lot of hats in my academic and professional career: lawyer, designer, writer, human resource consultant, digital marketer, presenter, app developer, and now—e-book writer. I’ve succeeded in this multitude of roles because I have the ability to learn things very quickly, even when I’m initially unfamiliar with them.Teaching I’ve volunteered at two non- profit education companies (Let’s Get Ready and 826 Boston) because teaching others is one of my largest passions. I never have too little time to sit down and help someone learn something that I know. I’m a lifetime learner and educator.
15. Writing 13 From writing blog entries, to writing fiction, I love it all— simple as that. Writing is one of the tools I use on my own to work through and structure my own thoughts and knowledge. I excel at writing both short-form and long-form content and have a skill for breaking complex topics into concise writing.Speaking Throughout my last seven years, I’ve gotten tons of experience in presenting and public speaking. From giving opening and closing statements in mock trial, to giving 20+ presentations for my school and my internships. Through this process, I’ve often taken on a presentation designer role as well.
16. 14CHAPTER 4:WHAT OTHERSSAY ABOUT ME.
17. 15Ross took the challenge head-on, and entrenchedhimself in knowledge about Talent Management and the competitive arena; and turned around a well thought-out, comprehensive and useful document with solid recommendations. What stood out for me was Ross inventiveness in getting information, his energy around the project, and his overall strategic thinking about how the business could grow in 3 - 5 years. Overall, I thought Ross was fantastic and would love to have him on my team full time.Cydney Aiken: Director of People & Change at PricewaterhouseCoopers Ross was able to get up to speed very quickly on the services we provide within Talent Management, as well as understand the nuances of our business. His analysis was thorough and his description of our opportunities was spot on. Ryan Shatzer: Former Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers
18. 16 Ross proved himself to be critical member of my team as he combines a very creative mind with strong analytical skills. He took special care to fully research and analyze and this showed in the depth of thinking that went into the final deliverable. Throughout the process and through the final presentation to PwC, Rosss performance arose out of his clear passion for immersing himself in a new, interesting challenge.Krista Reisner: MCFE Project Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers Ross is very driven and self-motivated. He has an entrepreneurial mindset and is able to take the value propositions offered by social technologies and apply them in new business contexts. There was much group work in this course, including developing a social media campaign, and Ross was one of the clear leaders in his group. Sal Parise: Associate Professor at Babson
19. 17 Ross is, simply put, brilliant and incredibly insightful. Working with him was a true privilege and pleasure. He puts incredible depth into all the work he does, maintains a level head under all stresses, and honestly consistently goes above and beyond. His body of knowledge is overwhelming and I learned from him constantly over the course of our internship. One thing in particular that really impressed me about Ross was his level of detail, both in his research and his writing. He was always providing our team with new information that pushed us to examine our projects and reconsider our objectives. He always looked to improve upon our solutions. The entire time I worked with him, he never ceased to amaze me. I am unfortunately not as eloquent a writer as Ross, but I truly cannot recommend him enough to you.Erin McLear: Creative Intern at Erwin Penland
20. 18 The very first impression I got from Ross was "Wow, he knows his stuff." Hes impressively well- read on a variety of topics - and is totally open to learning new ones, seemingly overnight. Much of his research formed the backbone of the ideas we pitched at the end of the internship. In case it wasnt already clear from the previous point, he works extremely hard. We would often come into the office at 9am to find an email or piece of research he had sent out the night before. When it came time to write and practice the presentation, he went to great lengths to ensure that his section, and the presentation as a whole, was flawless. From the way he conducted himself in our group, it was clear he had been a part of a number of collaborative programs and projects long before coming to EP. He fed off the energy of our team, yet managed to add even more than he took out. Ross was a pleasure to work with and I hope I get the opportunity to work with him again in the future.Patrick McMahon: Account Management Intern at Erwin Penland
21. 19CHAPTER 5:WHAT ABOUTOUTSIDE OFWORK?
22. 20Experience, skills, writingsamples, cover letters andLinkedIn profiles are allfine and dandy, but we allknow you don’t work witha resume.You work with a person. I’m alover of theatre and workbehind the scenes doing lightdesign and set construction. Isee improv shows twice amonth and have taken improv,bartending, and sushi-makingclasses. I’m a football fanaticand a pretty accomplishedfantasy football manager. I’mexperience oriented, and loveto have deep conversations.
23. 21Conclusion:HAVE YOULIKED WHATYOU’VE READ?E-MAIL ME ATRASIMONS1@GMAIL.COM