1. Saturday, March 17, 2012 1:00pm to 5:00pmAtlanta-Fulton Public Library System (AFPLS) Teen Technology Center partners with RashidBrown, Author of Careergonomics: A Practical Guide for Mastering Personal Development andEmployment Success in the 21st Century Global World (www.rashidbrown.com),and G.Jackson founder of Th!nkBigBiz! a Professional Assistance, Inc. (www.professional-assistance.net) production to host the Th!nk Entrepreneur Youth Symposium and NetworkingEvent.The event will be held at the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System Auditorium / Central Librarylocated at 1 Margaret Mitchell Square, Atlanta, GA 30303 as well as Live Streamed on the Webon Saturday, March 17th from 12:00pm to 5:00pm (EST).The purpose of the event is to inspire and encourage youth to create their "dream job" throughentrepreneurship. More importantly the goal is to have youth come away with furtherencouragement to embrace their purpose with robust tenacity which will create meaningful andsubstantial outcomes in their life.The mission of the symposium is to address the historic high 78% teen unemployment (33%among Black teens and 22% among Latino teens) in Georgia and to offer ways to help ourteens begin Creating Opportunity.Throughout the experience, the youth will learn from a seasoned panel of entrepreneurs whowill make themselves available to provide information and instruction on how to achieve theirgoals to become an entrepreneur. Young entrepreneurs will receive information from a range ofnon- governmental organizations, private-sector initiatives, educational institutions andgovernment agencies, leaving not only with a life-changing experience but materials to providecontinued guidance to achieving their entrepreneurial goals.By supporting the Th!nk Entrepreneur Symposium you support a national “Race to the Top”effort to ensure our next generation of servant, business, and industry leaders are acquiring thenecessary skills to be prepared, marketable and competitive in the 21st century globaleconomy, and help youth and young adults 13-25reach their full potential in education, life, andcareers.
2. Why is Teen Unemployment Important to School, Business, and Industry Settings?statistics in 1948. Likewise, the percentage of teenagers over all who were working was at itslowest level in recorded history since 2009. -to 19-year-olds was 16.0% or nearly four times ashigh as the rate of the adult (20 and above) population. For black teenage males, the rate wasover 36%. Surprisingly, these rates have changed very little in two decades.more than 24 percent. Compare that to May of 2000, when the rate was less than 13 percent.The symposium will focus on a series presenters and master classes designed for youth andyoung adults 13-25 to explore creating opportunity and developing an entrepreneurial mindset:Session One: Th!nk Entrepreneur: Youth & Attitude: Participants will engage in process tolearn to BUILD a mindset of success, Mr. Tycoon, Entrepreneur & Author www.mrtycoon.comSession Two: Th!nk Strategy: Youth & Game Plan: Participants will learn how to create aroadmap to WIN in their Future, Michael Fleming, Entrepreneur www.kingstreets.comSession Three: Th!nk Brand: Youth & Media: Participants will how to Brand Your Swag(Personal Branding) and ways to build a multi-media business empire based off of everythingthat make you unique, Hotep, Entrepreneur & Master Brander www.hustleuniversity.orgSession Four: Th!nk Speed Networking: Participants will have the opportunity to apply whatthey have learned from the panel of experts in a practical arena. This not only gives them achance to engage like-minded individuals but provides them with the sense of how businessactually works.The Th!nk Entrepreneur Speed Networking component will consist of participants greetingeach other in a series of brief exchanges. The participants will have the opportunity to engagesix (6) people; five (5) minute intervals, during a 30 minute time span. The attendees will knowwhen to begin and end each five 5 minute transitions with a bell or buzzer, by the moderator.During the interactions, attendees will have the opportunity to share their professionalbackgrounds and business goals. This will allow the networkers to obtain exposure to newmarkets and/or expand their pool of clientele.Example questions will be provided to assist the attendees with "kick starting" the networkingprocess.There is no cost associated with the youth event the only requirement is that the youth aredressed in business attire, have business cards (if applicable), and come with their “A” game(winning) personalities.The symposium will be lived streamed on the web. This will allow those who are unable toattend in person to connect with this activity via the internet.To register for the event go to www.afpls.com, click on Events Calendar, or visitwww.professional-assistance.net and click on the “Th!nk Entrepreneur” flyer icon.For information call Rashid Brown at 404.207.4745 or G. Jackson at 888.400.9899 ext 1
3. Event Agenda -01:00PM- Registration Opening01:15PM01:15PM – Th!nk Entrepreneurs welcome Alton Walker, Comedian, Alton Walker Show, College01:20 PM Planner & Entrepreneur, NextIN Line Network www.altonwalkershow.com01:20PM- Musical Performance - Prince Nephew and Da Mill, www.damillproductions.com/01:30PM01:30PM- Symposium Opening Remarks – Rashid Brown, Principal Agent/Managing Consultant,01:35PM KFDG, Author, Careergonomics Break01:35PM – Session One: Th!nk Entrepreneur: Youth & Attitude: Participants will engage in02:15PM process to learn to BUILD a mindset of success, Mr. Tycoon, Entrepreneur & Author www.mrtycoon.com02:15PM – Break02:20PM02:20PM – Session Two: Th!nk Strategy: Youth & Game Plan: Participants will learn how to03:05PM create a roadmap to WIN in their Future, Michael Fleming, Entrepreneur www.kingstreets.com03:05PM- Break3:15PM03:15PM- Session Three: Th!nk Brand: Youth & Image: Participants will how to Brand Your04:00PM Swag (Personal Branding) and ways to build a multi-media business empire based off of everything that make you unique, Hotep, Entrepreneur & Master Brander www.hustleuniversity.org04:00PM – Session Four: Th!nk Speed Networking: Participants will have the opportunity to04:30PM apply what they have learned from the panel of experts in a practical arena. This not only gives them a chance to engage like-minded individuals but provides them with the sense of how business actually works.04:30PM – Symposium Closing Remarks – G Jackson, Owner, Business Consultant,04:40PM Professional-Assistant
4. About Rashid Brown, Author of CareergonomicsGlobal, lifelong learning professional and seasoned trainer Rashid Brown brings his expertise toreaders in his new work-based learning guidebook, Careergonomics: A Practical Guide forMastering Personal Development and Employment Success in the 21st Century (published byAuthorHouse). Ideal for students, professionals, schools and policy-makers, Careergonomicsinjects personal responsibility into workforce effectiveness and job satisfaction, providingreaders with the ability to take personal ownership of their career and life and become theperson they want to be. To learn more about Rashid Brown visit www.rashidbrown.comAbout G. Jackson, CEO of Professional Assistance, Inc.G. Jackson is an executive business manager who empowers others to succeed. She knowshow to pinpoint talents and competencies to make successful outcomes. Moreover, she isunquestionably a people-person who forms strong bonds and relationships in every area ofcommitment.Professional Assistance, Inc is a full service agency providing business consulting,management, and business solution services. Clients range from start-ups to establishedbusinesses. Professional Assistance mission is to bring their clients vision to life while creating abrand that possesses high value and achieves optimal return on investment. To learn more onProfessional Assistance visit: www.professional-assistanc.netAbout Bomanis IT Service and ConsultationAbout Bomanis IT Service and Consultation established Feb 2005, provides on/off siteInformation Technology services for both business and residential customers. They specializein: Computer cleanup, Repairs, Upgrades, Custom Build, Networking, Technical Support,Trouble Shooting, Website Development, Training, Video Editing, Graphics Design, DataBackup, Data Recovery, Remote Assistance and more. They are located in Jonesboro, Georgiawhich is south of Metro Atlanta. Bomanis IT Service and Consultation is available for mobileand out of state/internationally services based on arrangements. They pride themselves toservice the publics Information Technology needs with the highest level of skills andprofessionalism. To learn more about Bomani visit: www.bomaniitservices.comAbout Mr. TycoonInternationally-renowned Motivational Speaker, Personal Development Coach, Investment RealEstate Guru, and Entrepreneur of Success, Mr. Tycoon is legendary for his “tough but fair” deal-making and negotiation skills. His bestselling book, “Success Is Not A Secret, It’s A System,”extracts the lessons he learned on the road to building his successful real estate investmentcompany and personal fortune, and is the “must-have” guidebook to achieving financial andpersonal success. To Learn more about Mr. Tycoon visit: www.mrtycoon.comAbout Mike FlemingMike Fleming, Owner of The KingStreets Management Group (KSMG), an alliance ofmanagement consulting companies that specializes in comprehensive, evidence-based lifeskills programs and curriculums that are designed to address the skills required to increase thegrowth and development of organizations; businesses; departments; youth in the juvenile justicesystem; adults transitioning out of the prison system; individuals who are entering the workforce;and individuals who are looking to reach their capacity in various disciplines ranging from career
5. development to entrepreneurship. To learn more about Mike Fleming visit:www.kingstreets.comAbout Alton WalkerA comedian by nature and he is Assistant Youth Pastor at One Accord Community Church,under the leaders of Bishop T.A Body and Pastor Darlene A. Body. Alton began to furtherdevelop his craft while attending Paine College in August, GA. Receiving his Bachelors in MassCommunication, Alton went on to start The Radio Revival Show on 103.7 WKZK and 94.7WAAW in Augusta. Alton founded the NextIN Line Network is a social entrepreneur companythat recognizes a social problem and uses entrepreneurial principles to organize, create andmanage a venture to achieve social change. The company focuses on economic developmentthrough education, training and empowerment for young Black people. To learn more aboutAlton Walker visit: www.altonwalkershow.comAbout HotepUrban Philosopher, Brand Master and Supreme Hustler are just a few of the titles earned byHotep. Hotep is president and founder of HustleUniversity.Org, the first self-help HBCU forentrepreneurs. He is a Congressional Award-winning educator and media mogul known for hisout-the-box thinking, guerilla marketing tactics, branding expertise and his unique “commonsense” approach to teaching leadership, entrepreneurship and practical business best practices.Hotep is the author of several popular empowerment books including the original classic; TheHustler’s 10 Commandments. As a small business consultant, Hotep has invented the “SuccessGPS” coaching system and says that all a person has to do…is follow directions. To learn moreabout Hotep visit: www.hustleuniversity.org