2. Introduction• 1st time established in1862• Bangladesh Railway covers 44 civil districts of the country.• BR is divided into two zones, East & West-each under control of a general manager who is accountable to the Director General of Bangladesh Railway.• The existence of Bangladesh Railway are the several gauges-• Broad gauge, Metre gauge and dual gauge.
3. • Bangladesh Railway at present has got 2855 route kilometers• Total number of employs 34,168 who works under Bangladesh railway.• On March 2008, the broad gauge reached Dhaka, the national capital
4. Railway Maps
5. Reason of Travelling train….• Low fare rate.• More secure• More comfortable• Avoiding traffic
6. Newspaper articles• Railway Worst in timing
7. Railway loses Tk 1060 crore in past fiscal
8. Major Problems of Bangladesh RailwayLack of manpowerLack Of Qualified ManpowerLack Of coordinationLack of FundingLack of Modernization & Development
9. Lack of Government Attention 1) Maintaining train time schedule 2) Increase number of train accident 3) Proper utilize of resources 4) Falling Service StandardsCorruption 1)Misuse of Pass tickets 2)Black ticket 3)Lack Maintenance of Train
10. Recommendation• Government have to give scope for private company to give railway service.• Government have to pay more attention on railway sector in order to create this sector as profitable sector.• Government have to give more budget on Bangladesh railway sector for development purpose• Bangladesh Railway should commercialize some of the service operations and introduce a new pricing system which should be based on market.
11. • Massive education and training programmed to be launched for the all employee related to the Bangladesh railway.• Reduce the surplus and non-productive and idle workers.• Strictly monitoring the pass tickets system so miss use of pass ticket will be stop.• Have to stop corruption by imposing affective rules & regulation.
12. • Have to improve the quality of service by providing well hospitality including good food, well seating arrangement ,maintaining good environment.• Employee salary & facility have to increase so people tendency to corruption will be reduce.•