On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Turn your goals into questions
● What kind of social content is most effective?
● What content will give me the most engagement?
● Are my posts readable? Too long, too short?
● How do I get more likes on a page?
● How can I get more clicks on a post?
● Tricky, but very visual and comprehensive
● Facebook Insights Tool (website)
● Data export (Excel file)
Overview of Insights
● Page Likes
● Post Reach
● Posts and Post-types
● People (Audience)
It should be going up!
Measure page-like data over time
Benchmark page likes over time
Net likes, unlikes or paid likes per day
Where did your likes come from?
On your page
The number of people who saw your posts
Average likes/comments/shares per post.
○ Determining good shareable content
Who’s hiding/reporting as spam/unliking?
○ Navigate through each day
○ Is your current budget working for
Timeline, Photos, Info and
Mentions, Posts by Other
If external, where are they
○ other less popular
When are your fans online?
○ Craft content based on
when they’re on.
Types of posts that are most
○ For us: status and video
posts do best
○ Photos & Links do meh
Analyze individual posts
Likes = People
All about your audience
Gender, country, city, language
○ People Reached
○ People Engaged
Getting to know your audience
Crafting content for them
● Choose how post is displayed - in Newsfeed
or at top right hand corner
● Choose up to six images
● Ability to define audience
● Bid for page likes, clicks, or impressions
Twitter added an
And it comes with
Click on Twitter
Let’s you see:
Data on specific posts
Favorites, Retweets and Reach
Reach: how many Twitter feeds
it landed on.
More retweets, more reach.
Mentions, follows and unfollows
on any given day (Shows the last
Highlights posts that are in the
Get to know your audience… like
really getting to know them.
Lifetime of follows
Interests, Location (Countries,
states, cities), Gender and who
Get a real handle on what
exactly your audience is into.
● How readable is you
● What grade level is it?
● Understood by age and
grade level, based on
Flesch Kincaid scale.