1. INTRODUCTIONWhat is Adolescent Suicide? Reasons Girls > Boys Prevention
2. •Act that is focused on causing ones owndeath voluntarily.•Is often committed out of despair,frustration•It is a leading cause of death amongteenagers/adolescent
3. CAUSES Disharmony in the family Unhealthy or abusive relationships or a break-up Alcohol or drug abuse Feelings of anger and guilt Physical or mental disorders Poor academic performance Sibling rivalry Experience of a personal loss Loss in business
4. BEHAVIOURAL CHANGES Withdrawal from family and friends. Loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities Neglecting personal appearance Changes in personality Lack of sleep and energy
5.  There 3 common - Biological risk factor Psychological risk factor Social and environment risk factor
6.  It divides into 2 parts they are GENETICS PHYSICAL DISABILITIES.
7.  Things which may effect people at there work place ,example- Tight deadlines High workload Lack of control of the work and working methods. One more major thing leading to Psychological risk factor is STRESS
8.  Family problems.
9.  Physical and sexual abuse. Loss of personal relationship.
10.  Lack of social awareness or support. College or school difficulties.
11. Suicide reason ?• history of abuse of Suicide preventionmistreatment. factors !• family history of o family and communitysuicide support• feeling of o support from medicalhopelessness. and health care• physical illness personnel• financial loss o developing problem• loss of relationship solving and conflict• sexual actions which is resolution skills.unaccepted in society. o counseling
12.  Know the warning signs! Do not be afraid to talk to your friends. Listen to their feelings Make no deals. Never keep secret a friends suicidal plans or thoughts. Tell an adult. Talk to your parent, your friends parent Ask if your school has a crisis team. which include teachers, counsellors, social workers, psychologists and principals
13.  30% of suicide worldwide occurs in INDIA and CHINA. Suicide among young people have been increasing in an alarmed rate. Among the age group of 15-24 the suicide rate is more. In rural INDIA 152 per 1000 women and 69 male occurs.
14.  This case study is all about a boy named KULDEEP YADAV,20 year old studying in IIT madras.
15. 1.Do you personally know of any adolescentwho has tried to commit suicide?100 80 Yes 60 No 40 20 0
16. 2.Have you ever thought of committing suicideyourself ? 90 80 70 60 Axis Title 50 Yes 40 NO 30 20 10 0 Axis Title
17. 3.Have you ever tried to commit suicide?525150 Yes No49484746
18. 4.How serious a problem do you think is suicide amongyour friends?605040 Serious Not serious302010 0
19. 5.Has anyone of important in your life ever committedsuicide?706050 Yes40 No3020 10 0
20. 6.According to you what do you think is the most commonreason of adolescent suicide? 40 35 30 Deppression 25 Family problems 20 Lack of social problems sexual abuse 15 10 5 0