B O R N : J U N E 6 , 1 7 9 9 , M O S C O W, R U S S I A
D E C E A S E D : F E B R UA R Y
1 0 , 1 8 3 7 , P E T E R S B U R G , R U S S I A
Author & Poet
• Was of African descent
• Born into upper class literary family
• Actual mother took little interest in him, so had
nurses/ French tutors
• Loved his nanny Arina Rodionovna, like mother figure
• Entered an elite school called the Lyceum at age 12
• Began working in the foreign office of St.
• (Where he had affairs with two married
• Influenced by Lord Byron
• This museum, honoring the
greatest poet in Russian history
• Monument of Alexander Pushkin
in front of the Russian Museum
Entered the Lyceum in 1811 which was only open for the sons of
Graduated from the Lyceum in 1817
Taught by the great poet Vasily Zhukovsky
Russian poet, novelist, playwright of the Romantic era
Pushkin's work in short stories shows simplicity, versatility and
In short stories showed satire, romance, and drama.
Which later influenced Russian writers
• Engaged for 3 years
• In love
• Settled on agreements
• Published Natalya
Goncharova as a wedding gift
• Finally married on 18
February1831 in Moscow.
Russia-Ukraine-Travel.com, . N.p.. Web. 29 Jun 2013. <http://www.russia-
. N.p.. Web. 29 Jun 2013. <http://712educators.about.com/blapushkin.htm>.
"Lizok's Bookshelf." : Happy Birthday to “Наше всё" & Newish Translations.
N.p., n.d. Web. 29 June 2013.
"Prominent Russians: Aleksandr Pushkin." Aleksandr Pushkin – Russiapedia
Literature Prominent Russians. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 June 2013.
"Monument to Alexander Pushkin on Ploshchad Iskusstv (Arts Square)."
Monument to Pushkin on Arts Square in St. Petersburg. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 June 2013.