Is There Such a Thing as a Private Cloud? Citrix Synergy 2011
by Cloudscaling, Inc. on May 31, 2011
- 2,475 views
Is there such a thing as a private cloud? ...
Is there such a thing as a private cloud?
Cloudscaling's Troy Angrignon participated in a panel on private cloud at Citrix Synergy 2011 in San Francisco on May 26, 2011. The conclusions:
- All three of the panelists agreed that there is such a thing as private cloud.
- Carpathia specializes in building high complexity custom private clouds.
- There are two types of clouds: legacy clouds for highly regulated, complex client/server type IT stacks and webscale clouds for less regulated, web/mobile, greenfield and simpler stacks that need to scale.
- Panel discussed how those two models (legacy cloud and webscale cloud) could be found inside (private) or outside (public).
- Key is to realize that applications should always be moved to the platform that is appropriate for the application, use case, regulatory requirement, elasticity requirement.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views