The Constitution Of Pakistan 1962Slides By Rana Usman SattarStudent Of BBA(Hons)PMAS Arid Agriculture University RawalpindiGmail: ranaa.usman@gmailFacebook: email@example.com
The Constitution of 1962• The Constitution of 1962 was enforced on June 8, 1962 Following were its important Clauses.• Written Form: The Constitution of the republic was a comprehensive document comprising of 250 Sections and 3 Schedules. It was also written.• Preamble: The Objectives Revolution was included as a preamble in the constitution.
• Name of the country: The constitution of 1962 declared “The Republic of Pakistan” as the country name. However, owing to the public reaction, the word “Islamic” was included later on. The full name of the country, thus became the “Islamic Republic of Pakistan”.• Form of Government: Instead of the Federal System, Presidential form of Government was introduced for the first time through the 1962 Constitution which meant extensive powers for the President.
• Uni-cameral Parliament: Like 1956 Constitution, it also adopted single House Parliament called the National Assembly. The Senate did not exist under the new constitution.• Basic Democracies: In 1962 Constitution a new system of basic democracies was introduce. Basic Democrats were to be choosen by people. The elected Basic Democrates constituted an “Electoral College” which elected the President and MNAs and MPAs. Thus, the indirect election system was adopted in 1962 Constitution.
• Independence of Judiciary: Though the 1962 Constitution had ensured complete freedom of judiciary, the authority of appointment and transfer of Judges rested in the President. Moreover, both the Supreme Court and the High Courts could not start proceedings of a case on their own. The administration of the subordinate courts was only partially under their control.• Minority Rights: In 1962 Constitution an adequate provision was made for the minorities enabling them to observe their rights/religious rites and promote their culture without restrictions.
• Legislation: The 1962 Constitution provided that the legislation in Pakistan would be carried out in accordance with the Shariah. All those laws which were contrary to Islamic Principles would be annulled or amended in such a way so as to bring them under Islamic Jurisdiction.• Propagation of Islamic Way Of Life: The 1962 Constitution promised to propagate an Islamic way of life in Pakistan so that Muslims could proceed with their lives according to the Holy Quran and Sunnah.
• Elimination of Non-Islamic Practices: All those practices which were contrary to the Shariah such as gambling, adultery, prostitution, intoxication and interest would be eliminated from the society.• National Language: In 1962 Constitution Urdu and Bengali were recognized as the two national languages of Pakistan.• The Principle of Parity: The 1962 of parity that is equal representation between the East Pakistan and West Pakistan was upheld in the 1962 Constitution.
• Institute of Islamic research: The 1962 Constitution also provided for the establishment of an Islamic Research Institution with the aim of promoting, the study of Islamic History and Fiqa and to carry out research in this regard.• Establishment of Islamic Ideology Council: The Constitution of 1962 provided for the establishment of a Council of Islamic Ideology comprising religious scholars as its members. The objective of the council was to identify non-Islamic laws and bring them in accordance with the shariah. The Council was also given opinion s about the nature of the new laws, bills and administrative
decisions of the government. The recommendations of the councils, however, were not binding on the President.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.