On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
What Kind Of Manager Are You?
• Rigid & demanding
• Decision maker
–Friendly with staff
–Supportive & humanistic
–Trusting & nurturing
manage themselves and the
people they work with so that
both the people and the
organization profit from their
How Do You Feel?
Question – When is it that
you work the best?
“People that feel good about
themselves, work better, work
smarter and are more productive
and produce better results.”
What One Minute Manager Means?
• He/She Takes Not More Than A Minute To Interact
And Guide His/Her Team Members.
• A Manager Who Follows The Principles of “One
• 3 Principles Of One Minute Management:
1. One Minute Goal Setting
2. One Minute Praising
3. One Minute Reprimand
One Minute Goal Setting
Make clear what our responsibilities are
and what we are being held accountable for
Look at performance, see how it
matches the goals and give feedback
Why one minute goals work
• Employee is responsible for solving his own
problems and achieving the goals he set.
• It help people to focus on their goals, as they
could review their goals frequently and then
check their performance against those goals.
• Positive impact.
“Everyone Is A Potential
Some People are Disguised as
Don’t Let Their Appearances
ONE MINUTE PRAISING
Catch them doing right and praise them
Be Immediate, Don’t save it till later
Describe what they did right
Encourage them to do
more of the same
Why one minute praising works
• Feels more pleased with his work
• Gain more confidence in what he does.
• Try to continuously improve what he does
• Develop a good relationship with his manager
“Help People Reach Their
Full Potential – Catch
Them Doing Something
not tough on
Be immediate, specific, and describe
the poor performance
Encourage them and remind them how
much you still value them as a person
Let them know it is over
Why one minute reprimands work
• Employee realizes that managers wants him to
• Serve as a way to quickly respond and correct
employees bad performance.
• This is the basic
foundation for good
leadership and being
• Using the above steps
one can have a work,
which can be enjoyed
• Job satisfaction can be