OBJECTIVE• Company Introduction• Business Strategy• CRM Strategic Objectives• CRM Softwares at Dell• Social Media Presence• CRM Techniques – Pre-sales • Customer Interaction & Education • Expert Advice & Opinions – Post-sales • Home Users • Small Businesses • Enterprise support
Dell Inc.- Company Intro• CEO: Michael Dell• Registered as PCs Limited‘ in 1984• From his condominium in Austin, TX• Capital: $1,000• Sold IBM PC-compatible computers
• Known for its innovative customer service and product custom configuration• Dell’s collaboration with other computer software companies has allowed it to become a leader in CRM• It is not an inside-out company but outside-in
Mission“to be the most successful computer company inthe world at deliveringthe best customer experience”
Segmentation• Backbone of Dell computers• Based on segmentation, company takes its positioning and modifies its offerings for each segment’s customers.
“An Important element of virtual integration withcustomers is segmentation. The finer the segmentation, the better able Dell is to forecast what customers are going to need and when. Then coordination of flow ofstrategic information comes to stage all the way back to suppliers, effectively substituting information for inventory”
Dell Business Strategy• Faster inventory turnover and reduced inventory levels• Incorporate new technologies and components into its product offerings.• Online support to onsite customer-dedicated systems
Dell Direct Model• DELL GOES ONLINE- DELL.COM (July 1996)
Dell Direct Model• Served its online customers with 12 sales reps and 2 order processors• Cost cutting by eliminating the retail stores and spend those saved dollars on customer service and other after sale services in order to build great relationships with customers• 500 million page visits per quarter to www.dell.com
Highlights for direct model and crm• Contacting with the customer directly & capturing as much information as possible• Eliminating middlemen• Building computers based on customer’s needs.• Engaging with customer on each touch point as productive & efficient as possible.
DELL’S CRM STRATEGYMake segmentation and identifycustomersListen to their customersLearn from customersEach member is a student who isresponsible of learning from thecustomers.
DELL CRM Software• Three types of software that facilitate Dell’s CRM: – Marketing automation software: Hotlink – Custom designed Web pages containing purchase data: Premier Pages – Data mining system that benefits the sales, marketing, financial and management segments of Dell: ProClarity
Hotlink• Marketing automation software – Effective targeting – Efficient marketing communications – Real-time monitoring of customer and market trends• Gives Dell free advertising – word of mouth
DELL Premier Pages• Custom Internet sites, called Premier Pages™, for various corporate and institutional customers – allowing customers to simplify and accelerate procurement and support processes – Order base customer need and wants – Suitable Price – Suitable products base on the information – Satisfaction
• In-depth analytical abilities, resulting in highlighting positive and negative areas of business• Broken in Different region• Enables Dell to measure trends and successes• Sales management can track activity within accounts and lapsed quotes can be acted upon• The marketing department can track customer activity, product sales and marketing mixes
i2 Planner• e-Business software to meet it supply chain needs. – i2 Supply Chain Planner – i2 Collaboration Planner – i2 Factory Planner• Used to coordinate the build-to-order processes from order placement to customer support• Profile customers, target them using their medium of preference, and also measure the results.
• Dell staff has easy access to the detailed demographic information about customers sales history and trade relationships.• Sales management can track activity within accounts• Enables Dell to pull material into its factories every two hours based on real time customer orders• Tracks backlog numbers, stock status and supplier commitments• Lets the supplier know what parts to deliver to which factories to meet customer demand
Provides customers with cloud-basedapplications that help simplify and automate ITmanagement
Customer Relation ManagementGenerate more leads, effectively market through multiplechannels, optimize lead management, convert leads intocustomers, view all account-related information andactivities, keep sales reps working productively, analyzeyour sales pipeline
Customer CareMy Status Order Status Credit Status Warranty StatusMy Dell Customer Care Account Change My Address Transfer of Ownership Request an Invoice Request a Packing SlipMy Computer Missing Item Wrong Item Damaged Shipment Pickup/Redelivery Return For Credit Stolen System Support Watch Service Service Plans Service Contracts Service centresMy Questions More Information Frequently Asked Questions Issue Not Listed
Technology Solutions - Small & Medium Business Solutions Backup & Data Recovery – Systems Cloud Computing • OptiPlex Desktops Data Storage & Management • Vostro Desktops Mobile Computing Networking • Dell Precision Tower & Rack Workstations Security • Latitude Laptops Server solutions • Vostro Laptops Services Asset & Data Protection • Dell Precision Mobile Workstations Cloud & IT Management • XPS Laptops & Ultrabooks Configuration & Deployment IT Planning & Consulting – Servers & Storage Support Services • Servers Training Services • Storage Best Sellers Featured Best Sellers • Networking Best-Selling Laptops • Network & Data Security Products Best-Selling Desktops • Quest Software Best-Selling Workstations Best-Selling Servers • IT Operations Management Best-Selling Electronics • Rack Infrastructure Limited Time Sale
Drivers Home Drivers Help• Technologies Dell Software Download Center – Data Center Virtualization Product Support – Desktop Virtualization Dell PC Diagnostics Warranty Status – Converged Infrastructure Support History & Parts Dispatch Status – Cloud Computing My Products and Services – Storage Windows Services Global Recycling Options App Assure – Application Services BOOMI/QSDW – Cloud-Based Services Compellent – Configuration and Deployment Equal Logic Force 10 – IT Consulting KACE Appliance Support – Managed Services Quest Software• Business Needs Sonic Wall – Security WYSE Order Support – Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Care Service Request (SR) Status – Business Strategy and Process Order Status – Infrastructure Efficiency FAQs Missing, Wrong or Damaged – Governance and Compliance Contact Us Contact Technical Support Contact Order Support Contact Dell Sales International Support
Conclusion -Success factors -Pre Sales and Post sales -Strategy
Success Factors• Superior customer experience through direct, comprehensive customer relationships• Cooperative research and development with technology partners• Computer systems custom-built to customer specifications• Service and support programs tailored to customer needs
• For large corporate and institutional customers, – Pre-sale: the Company works with the customer to plan a strategy to meet that customer’s current and future technology needs – Post-sale: direct relationship by establishing account teams, consisting of sales, customer service and technical personnel• For small-to-medium businesses and individuals – through account representatives – telephone sales representatives or Internet contact.
• Paperless purchase orders• Global pricing• Real-time order tracking• Purchasing history• Account team information• Small business customers: Online virtual account executive• Domestic customers: Spare-parts ordering system, and a virtual help desk featuring natural-language search capabilities and direct access to technical support data