Surrounding us is a thick layer of air called atmosphere. It is like a blanket around earth. It extends to many, many kilometers above the earth. Without the s e atmosphere, there would be no life on Earth.
As you go high up above the Earth the amount of air reduces. This lower layer of the atmosphere is called the troposphere.
Jet aeroplanes fly above the earth in a layer of air called stratosphere. There is very little air in the stratosphere.
So these are the layers of the atmosphere !!!!!
We know that we breathe oxygen (a good air) and breath out carbon dioxide ( a bad air) but the trees breathe bad air , and fumes and breathe out oxygen, also the trees clean the air by trapping dust and pollution on their leaves and they cool the atmosphere down.
The fact is : plants support life on Earth , and trees mitigate global warming … Without them we’re toast!!!!!
The bad people with the toxic smoke from factory , from cars destroy the air and also our future life! We noticed that air pollution affects our health and give us headache, fatigue, respiratory illness , skin irritation…
What can we do? First we can learn a lot of stuff about forests , plants, animals …. To know how can we help and protect them!
We learned how to plant and take care of plants!!
3. BAN BATHTIME! We plan to h ave a no-bath week, and take showers instead. Baths require almost twice as much water. Not only will we reduce water consumption, but the energy costs associated with heating the water.
4. TAKE A SHORTER SHOWER Every two minutes you save on your shower can conserve more than ten litres of water. If everyone in the country saved just one litre from their daily shower, over the course of the year it would equal twice the amount of freshwater withdrawn from a mountain river every day.
5. TURN OFF LIGHTS Always we turn off incandescent bulbs when we leave a room. Fluorescent bulbs are more affected by the number of times it is switched on and off, so we turn them off when we leave a room for 5 minutes or more. We 'll save energy on the bulb itself, but also on cooling costs, as lights contribute heat to a room.
6. PLASTIC BAGS SUCK Each year our Planet population uses billion s plastic bags . They are not biodegradable, and are making their way into our oceans, and subsequently, the food chain. Stronger, reusable bags are an inexpensive and readily available option for us and for you too .
8. CHANGE OUR LIGHT If every household in the World replaced one regular lightbulb with one of new compact fluorescent bulbs, the pollution reduction would be equivalent to removing one million cars from the road.