1. Haute Ecole de Namur - IESN Belgium www.henam.be
3. Namur in the heart of Europe Located in the southern, French-speaking part of Belgium 60 kms from Brussels, Capital of the European Union 290 kms from Amsterdam 280 kms from London 300 kms from Paris
4. Namur… 100,000 inhabitants Most people working in services area Very touristic region with a rich cultural heritage (the ‘Citadelle’, castles, museums, monuments, historical centre…) Wide range of higher education studies Lots of sporting and leisure activities
5. Haute Ecole de Namur IESN Has been existing for more than 30 years 4,000 students , 5 different sites SOCRATES-ERASMUS exchanges with 100 universities in the world ERASMUS BELGICA exchanges with 9 Belgian universities Around 100 outgoing students a year Around 50 incoming ERASMUS students a year
6. Curricula :Social Sciences, HRM, Librarian,Health care, Teacher training invarious fields, Accountancy, Law,Business management,Computersciences, IT, Process control.
7. Haute Ecole de Namur IESN, undergraduate programmes BAC +3 3 years-programmes based on professionalism (‘baccalauréats’) Marketing (Business) Accountancy (Management and Finance) Computer Sciences Information Technology Process Control Law
8. Haute Ecole de Namur IESN BAC +3 Theoretical courses Practical modules and exercises Compulsory industrial placements (15 weeks): 3rd year, second semester Permanent contacts with enterprises and people involved in business life Certification CISCO CCNA
9. Haute Ecole de Namur IESN,Academic year divided into: Autumn Semester from 15 September to +/- 20 January (exams included) Spring Semester from +/- 30 January to 30 June (exams incl.)Intensive French courses (60 hours per semester) organised for foreign students (3 ECTS credits)
10. SERVICES Accommodation Library Multimedia rooms ( more than 400 computers) Pedagogical support and coaching Cafeteria
11. Business studies (Marketing) Direct Marketing Advertising Professional Communication Sales Techniques (Theory and Exercises) Services Marketing Market Research Language courses (English, Dutch, German) Commercial Psychology Dispatching (Theory and Exercises) 15 weeks’ compulsory work placement abroad
12. Information Technology General and Applied Electronics (Theory and Labs) Systems Architecture (Theory and Labs) Operating Systems (Theory and Labs) (Linux, Unix, Windows) Communication Systems (Theory and Labs) Networking Labs and security Telecommunications (Theory and Labs) Applied Physics (Theory and Labs) Electrical Systems Multimedia Programming (Principles and Languages: C, Java…) 15 weeks’ compulsory professional work placement CISCO Systems Label
14. Law Civil Law : family law,contacts,goods Commercial law, insurance law Public law: constitutional law Judicial law Fiscal law, indirect taxes Credit law Penal law Social security law ……. 15 weeks’ work placement in a company.
15. Accountancy management General courses: Communication techniques, English, Statistics,mathematics General accountancy Accountancy control Law Economy Tax system Financial management Personnel management Public aids 15 weeks’work placement in a company
16. Computer Sciences General courses: economy,business management,applied economics English Mathematics Programming principles Programming languages : C++, Java Operating system Networks and transmission Projects Database 15 weeks’ workplacement in a company
17. International Office Isabelle Billard and Els de JONG firstname.lastname@example.org SOCRATES-ERASMUS, TEMPUS, IP programs. CREPUQ (Québec) Double degree in IT with Kemi University of Applied Sciences – Finland
18. Cooperation programmes with Chile, Marocco, Africa, China.For more details , have a look on our website : www.henam.be