2. Agenda• What is Android?• Android architecture• Android development• Application stores• Android applications• Android security• Android in Azerbaijan••
3. What is Android?
4. Android platform• Mobile operating system• Devices• Development tools• Community• Big Money
5. Android History http://www.xcubelabs.com/the-android- story.php http://mashable.com/2011/07/26/android-history- infographic/
6. Open Handset AllianceOpen Handset Alliance, a group of 84 technology andmobile companies who have come together toaccelerate innovation in mobile and offer consumers aricher, less expensive, and better mobile experience.Members:• 13 Mobile Operators• 22 Handset Manufacturers• 20 Semiconductor Companies• 17 Software Companies• 12 Commercialization Companies
7. Open Handset Alliance
8. Android activations700.000 device in a day!!!Andy RubinGoogles Senior Vice President of Mobilehttps://plus.google.com/u/0/11259974850697785 7728/postshttp://www.engadget.com/2011/12/20/googles- andy-rubin-defines-android-activation-trumpets- 700-0/
11. Linux Kernel• Device drivers• Memory management• Process management• Networking
12. Libraries• C/C++ libraries• Interface through Java• Surface manager – Handling UI Windows• 2D and 3D graphics• Media codecs, SQLite, Browser engine
13. Android Runtime• Dalvik VM – Dex files – Compact and efficient than Java class files – Limited memory and battery power• Core Libraries – Java 5 – Collections, I/O etc…
14. Application Framework• API interface• Activity manager – manages application life cycle.
15. Features• Application framework enabling reuse and replacement of components• Dalvik virtual machine optimized for mobile devices• Integrated browser based on the open source WebKit engine• Optimized graphics powered by a custom 2D graphics library; 3D graphics based on the OpenGL ES 1.0 specification (hardware acceleration optional)• SQLite for structured data storage• Media support for common audio, video, and still image formats (MPEG4, H.264, MP3, AAC, AMR, JPG, PNG, GIF)
16. Features• GSM Telephony (hardware dependent)• Bluetooth, EDGE, 3G, and Wi Fi (hardware dependent)• Camera, GPS, compass, and accelerometer (hardware dependent)• Rich development environment including a device emulator, tools for debugging, memory and performance profiling, and a plugin for the Eclipse IDE
20. Applications• Entertainment• Business• Utilities• Communication
21. Monetization• Free applications with mobile ads• Paid applications• Mobile advertisement
22. Mobile ad networks• Google AdMob• AirPush• Smaato• Mobclix• Begun (russian)
23. Angry BirdsAngry Birds is a puzzle video game developed byRovio Mobile. Inspired primarily by a sketch ofstylized wingless birds, the game was firstreleased for Apples iOS in December 2009.Since that, over 12 million copies of the gamehave been purchased fromApples App Store.
24. Angry BirdsMonthly revenue from free Android version is1,000,000 $ due to mobile ads.Android version came on October 2010 and wasdownloaded more than 2 millions in first 24hours.http://www.rovio.com/en/our-work/games/view/1/angry-birds